main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA RRS R.I.P.?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Come on folks.., this is about the last chance i have to feel normal with my Star Wars Obession, lol..

Reply back if you are still interested in keeping the RRS going..

Even if we go mostly Cyber-Meetings & sprinkle in 2-3 Live Meetings during the year, it would be worth it.. Also, I know I am late on the PBEM.. I got tied up in Holiday Chores.. I'm working on it as we speak, so maybe that will bring us all back together..

Reply & speak out, RRS! :)

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    *waves hand*

I'm here. :p

3. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Ok, here's the part where I play the a-hole. This is not finger pointing or Oh, you horrible person you. This is just a simple statement of the facts.
    Everyone has delusions of granduer, Oh, I'll find the time or I'll be more involved THIS time.
    Rob, you, me ,and Dave were all 30 something dads with jobs and everything that goes with that,family and job are a priority, as they should be.
    Steph, you have school and a job on the weekend. These are first and foremost ,as they should be.
    Posting here averages once maybe twice a week. Can anyone tell what direction this is heading in? We've had 4 cyber meetings in the last 6 months. We can't even get together for a burger and a beer. I check on this board once every two or three days, hoping to see something new. It's pretty much just me and Rob playing " Whose line is it"?
    The bottom line for me is this, If anyone wants to get together and get a bite to eat or meet at a bookstore for a cup of coffee, I'm up for it. Other than that, the wheels are just spinning. Again, I'm not pointing fingers and saying " Oh, you'tre a horrible person", and I'm not trying to bash anyone. If someone sees it as bashing, I apologize. That was not my intention.
    Sorry to pee on the parade,
    Stacy

4. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Well said, Stacy.

Nothing wrong with some bluntness when needed..

This is the way I see it. There are 5 members in this group; this is including David, coming in from time to time from the York Board. I remember something I was once told from the then Chapter Rep of the Philly Board when I met up with the Philly Group at the movies. He said, "get three committed members, meet, get together, then others will follow".

So, there it is..

I'm dedicated in making this work. What work, you ask? Just as Stacy said, might only be hooking up once a month, chatting about Star Wars & anything else, over a beer & a burger. As for the PBEM, costuming, conventions, etc, etc, etc.. Well, lets start with the beers & burgers & see where we can grow from there..

So, here's the big question..

Who is committed in meeting up at least once a month.. No excuses.. I'm looking for commitment..

::raises hand::

I'm in :)

5. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Whether it's a cyber meeting or live. I'm up for it once a month. Scrap all of the other ideas for now. Let's just start with some kind of a meeting. As far as posting goes, I don't care if you drop in once every couple of days and say " Hey, Stacy. You're a moron." Just post something.
    So I to myself, Self, that way I knew who I was talking to, and that somebody was listening.
    I couldn't be serious the entire time.

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Myself, I think we need some beer & burger sessions and then fall back to Cyber-Meeting in between. I agree all the other things should go on hold, even the PBEM..

But meeting up is a good idea.. I mean. once a month, for dinner & a drink, or afternoon lunch & a drink.. Thats not too much to ask.. We can even sprinkle in some movies..

I'm up for it Stacy..

Who else??

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    As long as I'm not working, I'm all for going out for a burger and a beer/drink once a month or something.

8. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    It sounds like we have 3!!!

Steph, you will be in charge of setting the dates, since I think you have the busiest work schedule ;-) I think for me & Stacy its just a matter of 'escaping' from the 'little ones'..

I think this month is beat, so why don't we hook up in January.. We know that at least 3 of us are going & if David & Ryan can make it than it will be the more the merrier..

9. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    In the words of Lee Korso, Not so fast my friend.
    What about next Saturday? It's the 16th.
    Say the Borders on Woodland Ave? I'm sure I can escape for a few hours......lol
    But, they're sneaky. They always seem to find me.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    The 16th won't work for me. I have rehearsal for Christmas Eve in the morning then a Christmas party to go to later in the day.

11. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I have a Christmas Even as well, lol.. Sorry.. This Month is pretty much dead for me.. Gotta zoom around all the way until the 19th & then I'm heading to San Fran for a Wedding.., until Christmas Eve..

Sorry, my escaping skills aren't as well as yours, Stacy ;-)

12. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Hi ya'll! Sorry I haven't chimed in sooner, life is keeping a tight strangle hold on me right now. I am all for a monthly cyber-meeting and a get-together. The only problem is that it would be a lot easier for me to make an in-person appearance up here in the Reading area if it was during the week (Monday through Friday) as I am working up in the Green Hills area. That said, this month is pretty much booked up for me in the evenings and weekends. If there is a RL meeting in January, I would do everything possible to make it.

13. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Sounds great!

Guys, I'm gonna be off the map for about a week or two. I have had a death in the family and have a lot of things to attend to. Just wanted to drop an FYI, so you don't think I lost interest.

I think this is a GREAT new beginning! We'll get something together for January and go from there. I think by this time next year, we will be one of teh most active groups in this area (well, at least in Reading, lol)..

14. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Sorry for your loss. Hope all goes well with you and your family.
    But, on a more upbeat note. I just finished reading the new Star Wars book " Tempest".
    I liked it. We see some of our favorite characters in the same situations. The Jacen/Anakin thing is getting on my nerves but, I still think it was a good read.
    Just my two cents.

15. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    The holidays are over. Burger time.

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Indeed it is. Let's get things rolling! :D

17. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Hope everyone had a great Holiday Break!

Steph,

What night (Friday or Saturday) is good for you this month? Nothing big. Lets keep it simple: get together for a burger & a beer!

P.S. I've been writing again duyring the break, so I will be sending out a Post to start the Yahoo PBEM Game this Weekend. Keep your eye out for it.

P.P.S. How cool was the Rose Parade!!! I wish I could have been there!

18. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    So when are we getting together for our He-man woman haters club meeting?

19. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Watches the tumbleweeds blow in Stacy, lol..

I was waiting for someone to respond! heh..

Still waiting on Steph to give a good day to meet up.., which looks like it might be in February..

I haven't given up on the RRS yet..

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry, guys.

To be honest, neither Friday or Saturday will work for me. I have class late on Fridays and Saturdays I work till 11pm. If there's another option during the week or something, I'm open to that.

21. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    During the week is better for me as well, since I'll just work my day and then hang out with ya'll!

So, just tell me when and where....and then tell me how to get there... :p ;)

22. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    After 11 PM is not thaaaaaaat bad.. o_O

We will still have time before Last Call :D

How about Thursday Nights? I can do that once a month, though I might have to jugle a Practice or two, lol..

23. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Should we stick a fork in this thing?

24. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    ::Grabs the fork off of Stacy::

"Not yet!" (Thinks of the same quote from Desperado, lol)

Come on, folks! We can do this. We can revive a group, consisting of young (matter of perception) adults who have at least one thing in common, a love for the Star Wars Genre!

The OTHER thing I believe we have in common, is really, really, REALLY busy lives, lol.

But this can be overcome.

I think we have established that meeting up on the weekends is hard. So, lets make it Thursday Nights. Let?s say at least once a month.

Nothing, big.

Nothing serious.

Let?s pick a nice bar (trendy, not corner bar).

Meet. Drink & Eat!

How is February 1st, 9 ish? (Place, TBD)

Post & Respond, folks :)

25. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I can't do weekdays, I have to get up to early. What about Sunday afternoon? How about a cyber-meeting for January? Do a weekday so that Steph can be there. How about this Thursday?
    So, we are at least doing something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.