main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Sacramento August meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TionneHawk, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hi everyone!

I just thought I'd let you know about the Sac Valley Rogue Force's August meeting. On Aug. 22nd, starting around 6 pm we will be having a BBQ at my place in Davis. If anyone here is interested in going please PM me and I will send directions.

Ming and I have been talking about joining our two Fan Force's for some event in the future, this may be it.

Hope to see some of you there!
    May the Force be with you
    Tionne Hawk

2. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Hey you! Nice to hear from you! If this doesnt fall on Dragon Con weekend then Im game...Hope to see you next month!

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hi ya Bridget!
    Got back from Australia two days ago so forgive me lateness in my reply I've been unpacking and running around and stuff. Anyway, a BBQ sounds great, though it's a friday evening and Davis is quite a distance away. I think we'd have to arrange some kind of carpool from SF if we were to attempt to have a joint shin dig workout. Thing is that most people get off work at like 4-5pm on fridays and Davis is 3 hours away if I remember correctly... so we'd get there around 7-8pm which is kinda late and I dunno if people are willing to drive for that long straight after work.
    It would be fun I think so we'll have to discuss the logistics at our next SF meeting to see if we can pull it off. Maybe we can get enough cars and people and if that's the case I'm in. :) May the Force be with us!

4. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I think Davis is only an hour or two from SF. I drive to Vallejo 5 times a week and that's only 40 minutes each way. Chanel has already PMed me saying she will come and maybe bring some SF people. Discuss a carpool or transport with your people and let me know by PM how many are coming. I would also ask that everyone bring something to contribute. Either food (I am providing meat for the grill), drinks, plastic-ware, cups, napkins, anything! Just make sure to RSVP by August 17th so I know just how much Sarlacc to grill.

Bridget
    SVRF CR

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    No worries Bridget we'll get a head count by the 16th and will let you know later that day. I'm in if nothing urgent comes up before hand so looks like we are on. :)

6. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    So far its 4 people coming with me Tionne :) & like J_T said, after the meeting we'll know who else would like to go. We'll bring stuff up with us as well.

7. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awesome! It's looking like it will be a fun event!

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hopefully, I can make it and carpool there. Do you have pics from WonderCon? I'll bring mine, as well as Comic-Con and other events. Hope to see you there!

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Arrrg! Minor wrench in the plans here. I've already asked my FF about this and hopefully they will answer sooner rather than later.

I have been scheduled to work on the 22nd. Would it be better for you to have the BBQ on Saturday after about 7pm or keep it on Friday but move it to after 7pm?? Let me know ASAP what works best for you and I will try to accomodate the most number of people from both our groups.

My boss will NOT thwart my plans to bring our two groups together for a meeting!!!! :)

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm opting for the saturday, but it doesn't matter to me really.

11. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    If its on Saturday, I regretfully wont be able to go. There is a picnic/potluck by Cosplay.com, a site that supports costuming & take a lot of pics for us at cons. So I have to go out & support them. :(

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    We'll discuss it at our August 16th meeting and we'll let you know if there's other opinions. I have no preference either way but I'd like the maximum of SF Fan Force who would like to go have a say in it. I'll send out an e-mail too to speed up the process.

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay, due to scheduling and such the BBQ will be on Saturday Aug. 23 at around 7 pm. Though if anyone wants to show up early and help set up they are more than welcome. Everything else is the same. Remember to PM me with your RSVP and what you are bringing by the 17th. For more info, check the SVRF boards, there will be an official thread there.

May the Force be with you.
    Bridget

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    hmmm that may complicate things... I'll have to check on certain details.

15. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Cool...If its at night then I will probably make it. I have to meet a certain bounty hunter in Sac anyway. I'll see u guys soon!

Chanel

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Unfortuantely do to circumstances that aren't possible to counter at the moment I will probably most likely not be going to this. In fact, looks like I won't be going on a trip outbound of SF for a while, sorry all, long story. Well... not long, but a sob story that's not worth bringing up here. I'll handle this and maybe by next month things will start to stablize again...

Sorry Bridget. It sounded like fun I'll explain later in a PM or e-mail if you really want to know the exact reason. I hate it when guest flake and give a bullcrap reason too so feel free to ask. I just do not wish to bring it up on a unsecure channel. I'm sure it's gonna be excellent and I hope everyone has fun. :)

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    No worries JT! This is why I posted this weeks in advance, so people could either clear their schedules or have strange things come up and still have time to let me know.

I hope all turns out well with you, feel free to PM me if you want to talk. We Star Wars people have to stick together and I am always here to listen.

May the Force be with you,
    Tionne Hawk

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Thanks Bridget I'll just drop you a small note of what happened. All the details are not necessary but thanks for understanding. :)

19. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    After a month of planning it's almost here! I think there may be 4 people from my group coming. Depending on how many you bring, you may outnumber us Chanel. ;) Anyways, if anyone else decides they can go and need directions, just PM me.

See some of you soon!
    May the Force be with you.

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I know you guys are gonna have an ace time. Take pics!

21. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah...I dunno bout that...Saturday is shaky but Im trying my best! I hope to make it. Im renting out my other room so that taking up time...MTFBWY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.