main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Francisco 49ers

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Squishy_Vic, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    This shall be the San Francisco 49ers discussion thread. All loyal fans, join in!

[image=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8666/sfhm8.gif]

So, so far by week 10, the 49ers record has gone up to 4-5. I'm glad they are doing far better and believe they can really improve over the next few games, to be back in top notch shape. Alex Smith really improved from last season, and their offense is great. But what I think needs some real help is the defense. mostly, the secondary.

Anyways, what are you predictions for their future? (seriously) I think that the Niners at this pace can go at least to 8-8, according to their remaining schedule.
    Loss against Seattle
    Win against St. Louis
    Loss against New Orleans
    Win against Green Bay
    Loss against Seattle
    Win against Arizona
    Win against Denver
    I hope they do well or even better than that, but I doubt it.

Another discussion is what do you think about them moving to Santa Clara in the future? (Although they will still be called the San Francisco 49ers)

Join the discussion! ;)

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    If they win their next two games (Home for Seattle, then at the Rams) then watch out.

3. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    *sings*

All I want for Christmas is John York's head on a platter.

4. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    Indeed. Being 2nd in their division right now might not say much (since it's with a record of 4-5), but that gives us hope. They are doing well even though they have lost more than won. I believe they can beat out the Rams and the Cardinals for at least 2nd place. I'm not too sure about them beating Seattle, but I do have hope.

dork - Dump York!

5. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Don't you mean the Santa Clara 49ers? ;)

6. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    NO DAMNIT! :mad:

San Francisco 49ers! (for life!)

7. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Don't you mean the Santa Clara 49ers?

They're still going to be the San Francisco 49ers... but the San Francisco 49ers of Santa Clara.

Meh, I know.

8. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
    I love that site. I've been trying to get the Dump York song on my mobile as a ringtone. :p

9. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    Horrible idea. They should remain in San Francisco as the San Francisco 49ers that I?ve loved since I was a kindergarten-er.

edit - lol @ dork. I think everyone who is a loyal fan should go sign that petition. I know I did, since I just discovered that site.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm excited about them moving to Santa Clara in a few years. The proposed site for the stadium is only 15 minutes from home! [face_dancing]

11. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
    W00t! Seahawks got GORE'd!

Am I the only one who got a little misty-eyed when Steve Young threw the ball to Jerry Rice during half-time?

12. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Holy crap, the Niners won. Could they? Is it possible? Playoffs?

Nah!!

13. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Just last week a friend of mine was saying he thinks the Niners will make it to the playoffs. We all laughed at him. Now I'm not so sure...

14. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
    Not that I have my hopes up just yet, but stranger things have happened. :p

3 wins in a row... It's like I'm dreaming. [face_hypnotized]

I love this pic from the game yesterday - pretty much sums up Alexander's return.

[image=http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5742/capt42c1cca4b3f046f58d8ma6.jpg]

15. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I never thought I would make a case for the 49ers to make it into the playoffs, but here is goes.

Look at who they've lost to this year. They lost to Chicago, which is understandable. (Plus, this was at Chicago). They've lost to San Diego which is again understandable. Their other three losses come at the hands of the Eagles (When they were playing good), the Chiefs (Again, when they were playing good) and the Cardinals (Their only game where they should've won and didn't). So they've lost to some good team and also won against some good teams.

Their record is 5-5 sitting in second place of their division and they're a game behind Seattle. If they can win four out of their last six (With two of those four being wins against SEA and STL) then they can make it.

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Plus, IIRC, they play Seattle again. That has the potential to be a playoff deciding game.

17. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Right. They're in the same division so they have to play twice. Except this game is going to be at Seattle, with Hasselbeck back and it's on a Sunday Night I believe. I don't think they can pull that one off.

18. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    I'm so proud. The Niners will make it to the playoffs. The Seahawks are no longer the team they used to be. They are good and a stable team, but little by little they fall apart as the Niners rise. Sure, 5-5 might not be the best record, but with 3 straight wins and Gore running 200+ yards, I think that says something. I believe the Niners can win 4 of the next 6 games, and hopefully that will give them the edge over the Seahawks for first place. Cardinals are out for sure, so they pose no threat, but the Niners need to beat them to still have a chance at the play offs.

19. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Yay!! I just found this thread. Thank you Vic for getting it started.

I don't know how much I will contribute as I don't pay attention to stats part of football. I mostly go off of emotions. I am so pleased with Alex Smith. He is finally coming in to his own. Now if the Defensive Line could get some more turnovers for them then there would be playoff bound for sure.

I don't care where their stadium is but I do feel strongly they should not change their name.

20. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Whoaaaa Nelly, hold on just a little bit. Hasselbeck's coming back soon, so don't be ordering your playoff tickets just yet. ;)

21. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    While that may be true, who's to say the Niners can't beat them again. While Hasselback contributes to the offense, it's still going to be the same defense they played Sunday. And even though Seattle's gonna have home field advantage (+morale) the Niners will have new confidence and strength to fight back and win.

You?re welcome PCC.:)

22. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Oh, I'm not saying they won't, or can't beat the Seahawks. I'm just saying it's still a little early to assume that they will.

23. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    Then it's also too early to assume the Seahawks will win :)

24. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I would kill to see the 49ers and the Cowboys both make it into the postseason, and renew their rivalry in a playoff game. :)

25. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    With the Niners emerging victorious of course [face_laugh]

This year I'm looking forward to the 49ers v. Packers, for the Niners to break the streak of losing to the Pack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.