main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

School Days - A 1st JA fan-fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan, Jun 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    This is my first fan-fic. Your responses are welcome, but please do not be too harsh.

*~*~*~*~*

School Days - A JA fan-fic

"No! Not happening! I can't...I won't do it!"

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn blew out a breath. "Padawan, you don't have a choice. These clothes are necessary to ensure the success of our mission."

"But I look so...so..."

"Stupid."

"Keni!"

Kendira Jonesse shrugged. "Well, don't you think so, Master?"

Master Liven Matthias studied the fifteen year old boy again. "I wouldn't say stupid...but that certainly is an interesting choice of dress. Jacylyn, are you sure this is what the kids at CHS wear?"

The fashion designer nodded. "This is what the "normal" kids all over the galaxy wear. I'd say the boy is finally in style. Those Jedi clothes are so... they may have been in style a millenium ago, but now..." Jacylyn made a face.

Obi-Wan Kenobi looked down at his clothes once more. He wore a black tee shirt that hung nearly to his knees and a pair of super baggy shorts that were even longer. On his head was a hat, worn backwards, that helped conceal his now black hair. He looked across the room at Keni, who still eyed his clothes suspiciosly.

Keni was going to his comrade on the the mission ahead. She was a Jedi student his age. They were going to the planet Ira, to uncover a ring of kidnappings. While there, they were attend Cerin High School to protect the students there.

CHS was a private school famous for the great scholars that had graduated from, and many powerful persons had sent their children there. The school was said to have one of the best security systems in the country. Until last month...

A young boy named Javon Ho, son of Dante Ho, was kidnapped. Dante was a senator for the planet Alderaan. Since than, more than a dozen kidnappings had taken place.

"Your turn, Kendira."

Keni looked up in surprise. "You honestly think I'd let her work on me after what she did to him?"

"O come now, Padawan. It's not all that bad."

"Yes it..."

"Padawan. Now.

Keni sighed. "Alright. Fine. But if she makes me look like a total dork..."

"You'll go like that." her Master finished for her.

"But... Master!"

"O, don't worry Padawan, even if you do look horrible, I'll still love you." Liven said, reaching hand out to his apprentice.

"Aha. That's funny. Real funny."

Matthias turned to Qui-Gon. "Did Yoda brief you on our mission?"

Qui-Gon shook his head. "He told me you would."

Liven nodded. "While Obi-Wan and Keni are attending CHS, we're going to be on Oeretsa. We got a tip, they think the kidnappers are hiding out somewhere a on the outskirts of a small town called Relea."

"What about our apprentices?"

"They'll have comlinks with them. They contact us every other night at midnight. And they'll have their lightsabers hidden under their clothes at all times. They should be fine."

Qui-Gon nodded. He didn't like leaving his apprentice alone, but Obi-Wan had shown over and over that he was was quite capable of taking care of himself. Maybe that was why the Council had chosen Kendrina and Obi-Wan in the first place.

They were to pose as brother and sister. They looked remarkably alike, except for the difference in hair color. Jacylyn had taken care of that. They both had the same build, and Keni was only slightly shorter than Obi-Wan. Their blue-green eyes were almost identical. They both were at the top of their lightsaber class. Both had showed skill and cunning in difficult situations. The Council had picked them out of thousands of others. It was an honour.

Jacylyn emerged from the back room grinning. "She's done. I have all her things to take to CHS in here," she said, handing two suitcases to Keni's Master. "Kendrina! Come on out."

Keni stepped out. Obi-Wan had to try hard not to laugh. She had always been boyish, wearing her shoulder length hair up in a ponytail with her Padawan braid hanging down her shoulder. Now she looked...stunning. Her black hair was hanging freely, resting gently on her shoulder. She wore a red three-quarter length shirt and a black skirt that was just abo

2. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Great start..... I look forward to more!!!!!

3. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I agree with Kelly, great start!!

Post often, post soon.

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Great Start! I can't wait to see what happens next.

You didn't happen to see the movie Never Been Kissed have you? For some reason it just popped in my head when I read your post. Great idea if you have. If not, well, nevermind.

5. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Thank you, Kelly Kenobi, HealerLeona, and mouse2. I haven't seen Never Been Kissed. Maybe I should.

*~*~*~*~*

"Alright, Padawan. Tell me again who you are."

Keni nodded. They had been going over her role for the whole trip. "Kendrina Kenobi. I'm a highschool freshman. My brother is Obi-Wan Kenobi, a high school junior. We're the children of Ali' Goretcha Kenobi, richest man on Lorte'a', a jungle planet on the Outer Rim."

Matthias smiled. "Very good. You'll do fine."

Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled at the pair. Keni and her Master were made for each other. Just like he and Qui-Gon, he supposed. The trust, the bond between them was strong. As was it in the case of he and Qui-Gon.

The captain stepped into their lounge. "Excuse me, we have exited hyperspace and will soon be on the planet. I recommened you gather your things." He bowed and left the room.

Obi-Wan stood. This was the moment they had all dreaded. Their Masters could not be seen with them on Ira. They would have to say goodbye on the transport.

Qui-Gon stood in front of him. He layed a big hand on his apprentice's shoulder. "Take care, Padawan."

Obi-Wan nodded. He looked over to see Keni doing the same thing. She was doing a good job on her control, but Obi-Wan could tell she wasn't looking to forward to this part of the mission. They may not see their Masters for months. Even a year. And they were both aware that they may not even see each other again. It was a terrible thought, yet a logical one.

Keni walked over to stand by Obi-Wan. She swallowed her emotions, as Obi-Wan did. "Lets go."

They slowly trudged to the cockpit, where they had a good view of the planet below them. It was beautiful, streaked with emeraled green and teal. But neither Jedi noticed.

"Obi-Wan, what if..." Keni's voice trailed off. He placed a hand on her arm. "It'll be fine. We'll be fine. They'll be fine. There is nothing to worry about. You hear me? Nothing."

Obi-Wan wished he could believe what he was telling Keni. Too many times he had almost lost his Master. He had a bad feeling about this. A very bad feeling.

If he lost Qui-Gon...he didn't even want to try to imagine. Qui-Gon was his companion, his friend, and the only father Obi-Wan had ever known.

O, what was he saying? A child! He was acting like a child! And yet, the childish thoughts that continually tore his heart and mind still raged within him. Flash backs occured.

Bandomeer. Phindar. Gala. Mileda-Daan. Telos. And so many more... Each was a reminder of the bond between the two. A reminder of the things they had shared.

Obi-Wan was so wrapped in his thoughts, he didn't sense the figure coming up behind him. He didn't notice until to strong arms held him close. He looked up at Qui-Gon, his Master's face gentle and warm. "It's alright, Padawan." His Master's voice was steady. "We'll meet again. I promise you, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan let his Master hold him. He was able to quiet his mind. After a few minutes, Obi-Wan pulled back. "I'm alright now, Master."

"Are you sure?"

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes. Thank you."

Qui-Gon smiled. "Than you better be on your way."

The captain opened the landng platform. Obi-Wan gave his Master one more quick hug, and walked over to Keni. She, too, looked as thought she had a renewed sense of peace.

"Be careful, Padawan. And you too, Kenobi." Master Liven said.

With that, they turned away from their Masters and walked down the landing platform, neither of them looking back.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Obi-Wan (edited 06-21-2000).]

6. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    and when I posted this I found an invisible post YIPEE! I got my wish.

[This message has been edited by I love Sci Fi (edited 06-20-2000).]

7. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    I am sooooo liking the beginning of this story Jedi Obi-Wan, so much potential. Obi-Wan and his bad feelings are usually right!!!

I love the relationship with Qui-Gon, that was sweet the way he gave him the hug and reasured him they would be together again, but not before a little OT I hope

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent start! I can't wait to see if there will be any 'cultural differences' between the two Jedi and the rest of the students. Who will be the next person to be kidnapped? And what's going to happen to Qui-Gon? More, soon, please!

9. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    This is fun! Please post soon.

10. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Thank you for all the kind comments! Italics indicate a dream.

*~*~*~*~*

"Master Kenobi. Madam Kenobi. Would you please step inside?" The driver stood before them, door open. It was a white cloud car with the CHS logo on the side.

Obi-Wan and Keni stepped inside. The interior was beautifully decorated in a crimson and ebony satin. A datapad was in front of them, and at the sides glasses of the fanciest wines. The two Jedi exchanged looks.

"Wine?" Keni asked.

Obi-Wan shrugged. "These kids are probably used to it."

Obi-Wan stared at his surroundings. It was beautiful. As the driver went farther out into the country, the more lovely it became. A bright blue sky sharply contrasted the fluffy white clouds high above them. And the sky was only the back drop in a gorgeous painting.

Maple, Elm, and Acron trees surrounded them on either side. Each tree was full of light green leaves, swaying gently in the breeze. Vibrant orange roses grew on the edge of the road. Fields full of wildflowers bloomed behind them, a sea of red, orange, purple, and yellow.

"Don't you wish we had this kind of thing on Coruscant?"

Obi-Wan nodded.

The next hour of the trip was made in silence. Each Jedi was preparing for the mission ahead. Meditating, thinking, planning. But they had done all this on the transport, and on Couruscant. Obi-Wan was getting tired of it. He was getting tired. He hadn't gotten any sleep the last night. He was too excited. But now...Obi-Wan stifled a yawn.

He glanced at Keni. Her eyes were shut and her breathing steady. He probed the force. She was meditating. She was good. Obi-Wan tried to keep meditating, but kept having to jerk himself awake. Finally he allowed himself to drift into a deep, deep sleep.

*~*~*~*~*

Fear. Anger. Aggression. Blasters. Deadly combination.

Being herded like animals. Animals blind with fear. The deadly weapons keep them in check. Darkness covers the whole area. Darkness like no other.

A lone dark figure rises from the shadows. He takes his place in front of the frightened crowd. He speaks, but he cannot be heard. But it does not take sound to know his message is evil.

Suddenly, a lone light rises in the darkness. An orange display of hope. A beacon to all. The light steps up to challenge the darkness.

The battle rages. For what seems like hours. The light seems to fade. I'm running toward it. I need to help it. But the more I run, the farther away I get. The light is almost non-existent now.

The light is knocked down. The darkness smiles. It thrusts it darkness into the light, and the light vanishes...

11. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    What the heck was with that dream??? I look forward to more, and hope to find out what the dream means!

12. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    "GGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"

"Obi-Wan!"

""GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"
    "
    "Obi-Wan! Wake up!"

Obi-Wan jerked awake. Someone was shaking him. "Don't! Please! Don't...O, it's just you."

Keni looked at him suspicously. "Are you okay? You were screaming like a madman! And you're sweating like a pig." She wrinkled her nose. "Come to think of it, you smell like one too."

"Very funny. It was only a dream."

"Riiiiiiight. Everyone yells like that in their dreams. Uh huh. Sure. That must have been some kind of dream."

"I'm fine. Alright?"

"Then why are you shaking?"

Obi-Wan looked down at his hands. Sure enough, they were shaking. He clamped them together. "It was nothing. Just a silly dream."

Keni still didn't take her eyes off of him. "Whatever."

The cloud car stopped. The driver stepped around to the side of the car and opened the door for the two Jedi. "Mr. Kenobi. Miss Kenobi. Welcome to your new home."

13. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Finally! There is more! I'm SO happy! Glad to see
    this story finally updated!!!
    Now give me MORE!!! (please.)

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree Tenel'ka. And if that dream doesn't tell them to be careful, nothing will.

15. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Obi don't ignore that dream!!!!! Great post, sooooo happy to see a new one. Hope the next will be posted soon!!!

16. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I was wondering where this was. Glad to see your back! And good post by the way. Hope you post more soon. *G*

17. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    This is really good! I was reading this before they moved the stories to the Sith board, then I lost it. Glad to find it again with more story!

18. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    You guys are so sweet! *sniff*

*~*~*~*~*

Qui-Gon Jinn stared absently out the window into the depths of hyperspace. He was missing his apprentice already. The transport was quiet. Much too quiet. It lacked the chatter of teenagers.

His padawan had always brought a charge into the air. If Obi-Wan was in the room, there was always energy in the air. Sometimes Qui-Gon wondered if the fifteen year old ever ran out of energy.

Now things seemed so dull and quiet. Without Obi-Wan around, Qui-Gon was beginning to feel like an old man. He had no one to scold, no one to comfort. No ever talkative mouth by his side. And he had absolutly nothing to do.

Qui-Gon glanced across the room to Liven, who seemed just as bored as he was. The Jedi Master caught him looking and grinned.

"It's not easy is it?"

Qui-Gon sighed. "No. This is the first time we've been seperated on a mission in a few years. "

Liven nodded. His dark eyes looked pained. "I worry about Keni."

"Why?"

"Because this is the first time she's been on her own since it happened."

"Oh."

Qui-Gon nearly shuddered just thinking about it. Four months ago, Keni and her twenty year old brother, Rall, had been having a rare time alone. It was Keni's fifteenth birthday, and Rall had taken her to a restaraunt on Coruscant.

One of Rall's enemies had followed Kendira and him that night. He waited until they had ordered to make his move. The attackers had pulled out blasters and thermal detonators. They killed all but two people in the restaraunt. Those people were Rall and Keni.

They dragged the pair into a vehicle and driven into the night. They had found Keni, beaten and bloody a few nights later. Laying beside her, in a pool of blood, had been Rall.

Later, Keni had told them that the attacker, who had turned out to be an old roomate, had tortured Rall for hours. Rall was not force sensative, and a Yrislami had been put in the room next to Keni.

Rall had been Keni's only living relative. And according to her Master, Keni blamed herself for all the deaths that night, including his.

Qui-Gon couldn't imagine what Keni must have been going through for the past months. Force, she was only fifteen. How could anyone put a fifteen year old girl through that?

"I think that alot myself."

Qui-Gon slammed his mental shields up. "I didn't realize I was broadcasting my thoughts."

Liven chuckled. "Happens to the best of us." His face grew grave. "Especially when you think about something like that."

19. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Whoa. I thought this thread had died. But I guess now its back and better than ever. Keep it up.

20. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    What a great post!!! I loved the way Qui-Gon felt so lonely and bored without Obi-Wan. I know that feeling so well. When my girls are out for the night the house is just to quiet!! Poor Keni, what a horrible thing for a young girl to go through. I bet Obi-Wan will be good for her, he is such a sweetheart!

Post soon.... Post often!!!!!!!

21. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Obi-Wan smiled to himself as he made his way to Keni's room. He had finished unpacking fifteen minutes ago, and had quickly become bored. Alright, he was going to be honest with himself. He could not stand his roomate.

Cameron Wilks. Blonde headed, green eyed, buck toothed, and talkative. Very talkative. The kid talked faster and longer than anyone he had ever met. Obi-Wan wondered how he talked so much and still had time to breathe. It annoyed the heck out of him.

Room 167...

Room 168...

Room 169...

Room 170...

Here. Room 171.

"Knock knock. Keni, it's me."

"Hold on, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan stuck his hands in his pockets impatiently. Then he noticed the names of the occupants of the room.

Aliya Mac
    Kendrina Kenobi
    Ole Wilks

Obi-Wan nearly burst out laughing. Keni opened the door. He grinned. "Can I come in?"

She gave him a relieved look. "Please!"

"O Kendrina?"

Keni grimaced. Obi-Wan tried to hide his amusement. The voice was high enough to shatter glass.

"Yes, Ole?"

"Who's this cutie? I mean, I thought I knew everyone here, and well, is he related to you? You never mentioned it. You're so silly. Then, again I've only known you for a few minutes, but still you had time. O but we've been talking so much! You should have told me. O well, you're still my friend." The girl smiled brightly.

Obi-Wan looked at Keni. "Did she say all of that in one breath?" he whispered.

She rolled her eyes. "You haven't seen anything yet," she whispered back.

"Well, Kendira, are you going to introduce me?"

Keni spoke through clamped teeth. "I would appreciate it if you'd call me Keni."

"O, no. I could never do that. Protocol, you know. Aliya wants me to call her Al, but that sounds boyish, don't you think? I mean, I wouldn't want anyone to abbreviate my name. Then again, you couldn't abbreviate my name. But my brother, Cameron, you met him haven't you? you could easily abbreviate his name. But I called him Cam once, and he slapped me across the face. Don't you hate it when brothers do that?"

Keni groaned softly, and Obi-Wan again had to stifle a laugh. "I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi, Keni's brother."

Ole stepped forward and shook his hand vigorusly. "Hi. I'm Ole Wilks. You're rooming with Cameron? I don't know why they do that? Brothers and sisters rooming with the others brother and sisters? They do that often. Aliya is an only child. O but you haven't met her. Anyway, I hope you like Cameron, but he can be annoying sometimes, so if he is just tell me and I'll smack him."

"Um, nice to meet you." Obi-Wan said, fighting a smile.

"Ole? I need to talk to Obi-Wan. Privately. So could you please.."

"O sure, Kendira. You must have stuff to talk about. Cameron and I always do. Yes, we talk about everything from family to why his hair sticks up when he wakes up. We think It's because his pillow. It's too soft. Not good for his back. Well, I'll se you later Kendira, and I enjoyed talking to you too, Obi-Wan." Ole left the room and shut the door.

Obi-Wan and Keni burst into laughter.

Keni stopped after a few moments and rolled her eyes. "I don't think I can survive this!" she said, falling back on her bed. But then she grinned. "You got her brother? Whats he like?"

Obi-Wan chuckled. "He talks too, but I think she takes that cake."

Keni got up and went over to a bag to finish unpacking. Obi-Wan came over to help.

Keni turned to look at him. "Did Mr. Cartes talk to you yet?"

"No."

"We're supposed to have dinner with him in the principal's office. He wants to discuss our mission."

"Can't we just talk to the principal?"

Keni shook her head. "Everyone in the school is a suspect. She thinks we're just regular students."

"Whens dinner?"

Keni laughed. "In ten minutes."

Obi-Wan picked up a music box out of Keni's bag. "Whats this?"

Keni smiled. "The present my Master gave me when I turned thirteen. Open it."

Obi-Wan did, and it played a tune he didn't recoginze. "Whats that it's playing?"

"My Master took me as his apprentice at age eleven. I had bad drea

22. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    That was sooo sweet! :)

23. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh goodness how funny are those roomies of theirs!!! They may be even more of a threat to their sanity than the mission!!!

Loved the music box and song, very sweet.

Keep up the great work. Post soon!!!

24. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I've known someone who talks just like that. So that was VERY funny.

25. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I just started reading this story. It's great! I like their roommates. Keep up the great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.