main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO [SCJ] The Costuming & Props Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    And if anyone else wants I can help them with their technique too.

I can use help. since i have no technique!

and twi'lek? the costumes ideas are endless!

HEY ZOOM, when everyone was researching stuff for the Xwing pilots, did you happen to come across anything for Awing pilots? especially the Chest box?

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Hmm...nope. I thought it was the same box?

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    what little i have been able to find shows that its different. Im still looking. Im going to go watch ROTJ so i can confirm it. Ive read some stuff that is a car amp.

Im also looking at trying to do a helmet. but thats gonna be horrorible to figure out.

4. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Hi kids. This is a scan of the ober expensive cloth from hobby lobby. Forgive the size of the peice it was "liberated" by a co-worker and smuggled out in my wallet. I decided not to drop anything for the way my bos acted towards jen. instead i picked up a vase an accidently ripped the handles off, $250 oops.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Imperial_Birrer/tuskencloth.bmp]

Its actully a bigger peice,photobucket must have shrank it down.If the detail is not good enough I can rescan a section and post it.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I will have to take another look at that Muslin in person. I know it's a painful $13/yd, but that puts a Tusken robe at $40. That's...really...not that bad. Hrm? :confused:

6. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I still have it, if you wanna look. I have next wens day off ,so if you guys are having the costuming stuff I can maki it and stop on by.

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Don't you get a discount? Does Hobby Lobby do price match or coupons? That would help a lot.

I want to do a female tuskin and I don't even care if it's not done by C3? I just think it's an awsome costume, you know how cool it would look on a dummy in our SW room?

8. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    yeah,but is only 15%,so after tax its eally only a 7.5% discount. So the cloth would still be 13.86 a yard.

I dont belive they do price matching and the only sale items are in the add. They have the occasional coupon on the website,but its mostly for flowers or crafts stuff.

9. deathlikescats

deathlikescats Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    looking forward to making costumes with all of you guys! ^_^ It's adult dressup, only BETTER!

10. deathlikescats

Nov 19, 2004
    Oh! someone who know's where the Wed meeting is gonna be (can't remember the address to save my life) should post. In the meantime, I'm gonna list a bunch of stuff...

Want to Learn
    Leather working and armour making - ( have read up on some hardening teqniques, but need to know tools and other stats)
    Vacuforming and fiberglass
    Machining and metalwork
    patternmaking

Knows
    Sewing (basically)
    Sculpting (moderate to good control)
    painting (so long as it's me not oils)
    Drawing
    concept sketching
    Stage makeup and appliance...application
    Troubleshooting and creative logic (ordered chaos)
    Duct tape Queen (or at least lady in waiting)

Costumes in the Works
    Possible Marvel group costume (0%)
    *urgent* Dark Jedi/sith costume (1-2%)
    Sister of Battle - Warhammer 40K (0%)
    [http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popupwhite.htm?/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/witchhunters/pictures/images/sister.jpg,]
    Samus Aran - Metroid Prime (0%)
    Redo my Asajj Ventress and Ren outfit
    Make Pirate outfit coat and bodice (maybe hat too)
    Other unspecified cosplay (anime/game based)

I'd like to get a group together to cosplay at the local conventions in something from Soul Callibur. I've wanted to go as Ivy for a while (need to work out first) but would rather do her in a group with others from the game.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I can teach you pattern drafting and draping. I know both very well.

:)

12. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    hey sarah. I printed the hat patterns out. they done seem to be to the same scale. the visor is huge! I may be PMing for some 911 advicesince I am going to buy the stuff to do the mock up this weekend.

13. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    man, we have the mad costumin skilz, dont ya know...this is gonna be great!

and I want a Tusken before C3, Kimmay! You can wait til after for yours if ya wanna. ;)

14. Dark_Side_Otaku

Dark_Side_Otaku Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2004
    I still have some interest in my KOTOR era costuming idea. Might have to work on that sometime.

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Lord Zoom, what is the plan for this Wednesday...hows Rachel feeling?

If we had to, we could do it at my house. My mom luvs you all! :p

Really want to get started on modifying the night sister pics. [face_hypnotized]

16. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

As far as we go, we are waiting to know when and where you are going to get the leather(ZooM). I know we all need to update belts and spats, also my armour and maybe Zil Qui as the 4th rancor keeper. As far as prices on REALLY Cheap and ugly green for our robes. I will try and get that tommorrow. I have some ideas as far as days to do what lets get all the sowing out of the way 1st or a close 2nd. All the leather actually takes time and patience to do right so we don't waste it. I CAN'T WAIT.......I'm so HAppy.............. Later days...

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'll see if I can make it to a Wed night session. I'm not supposed to be travelling a lot right now (part of the catch of mom and dad taking me back in [face_plain] ) But I'll try :)

18. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    We are on for Wednesday at our place, anyone who needs distructions to get there, pm myself or josh or Jennay.

:D

Probably will start about 5:30 or so...there might be a run to a shop with fabric for toga fabric and recon.

YAY!! I can breathe again!!!

Sorry, really happy about that. Or the coffee is making me happy, since I haven't had any in over a WEEK. [face_jittery]

19. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

HMMMMMM Super Low on funds so don't know if I will have anything to sow on. But I will come and lend a hand if needed. Do you need another Sowing machine?? Let me know. Later Days...

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I probably won't get home on Wednesday until 6:30-ish if I go into the office.

At the moment, I don't know of anything that's ready to be worked on except figuring out what some of us are doing for togas.

21. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Toga, the easiest thing to sew :) I think that was the very first costume I ever did all by myself. My class was studying Greece and we had a Toga party at the end of the chapter.

22. deathlikescats

Nov 19, 2004
    Togas eh?
    Well I am very interested in comming on Wed. Need to get my fabric still and am working till 5, plus I'll be needing a ride. Maybe I can ride with ya RDT (rachel) when you go get your fabric. PM me for info or get my number from Josh or Chico. Am strained myself for cash (end of the simester blues) but I think I can spare a bit for fabric, and I can help out/learn anyway.

See ya at the Hizouse tomorrow!... I mean today hehe

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Can't make it tonight :( Got a meeting I need to go to.

Next Wed there will be a session too though right? I'll put it on my calender so I won't have anything else to do :D

24. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    heya Death...do you have our number?

If so, give me a call when you get off and if it's too cold to walk, we can prolly come get you. No problem on the ride either.

There's ALWAYS money for costuming. that's what plasma's for. :D

otherwise, pm me and I'll give you the house #.

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I

have

been

thinking

about

this

all

frelling

day!!!!!!!!!!

I've been sketching, and thinking, and mulling, and all that super fun stuff you do during the research & development stage.

We could do a lot of great stuff down here.

So far:

Rancor and Keepers

Nightsisters

Tie Pilots

Tuskens

Mon Calamari (well, P-Josh, anyway)

and the list goes on and on...my work is willing to sponsor us in whatever ways they can. We dont sell fabric, (boo-frelling-hoo) but we do have contacts for plastics and I can use most of the tools we have for prop making.

So...what are we waiting for? Lets take over the world... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.