main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Sector' Meetings

Discussion in 'Archive: Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by ForceMedic, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    Those of us who meet in Front Royal want to schedule quarterly meetings that the whole 'sector' can attend. The idea behind this is to give everyone some level of involvment in the group.

We have disscused having a meeting in June and we would like to have a new years party at the end of the year. Please tell us what you think and what dates will work the best for you. Ideally we would like the have the June meeting on a Saturday.

2. shmatt

shmatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    all the saturdays are good for me, i'll just have to ask for whichever we want off at work

3. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    If you meet on May 21st. I can go. I thought you met in Winchester. I am going to an astronomy lecture at the library in Front Royal on that day at 2 p.m. I think you people are closer to me than the folks in Baltimore/Annapolis. I am looking for someone to go see the movie with.

4. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Well, come on down. we would love to have you. we may start having a few meetings in winchester, if there are enuff people over there interested. The main reason we are having them in Front Royal now is because that is where the main people seem to be gathered.

5. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Here is information on the Lecture I will be going to see on Saturday the 21st. in Front Royal if anyone wants to tag along. I will not have seen EP III by this time, so I am willing to see it and have supper, but I fear it'll be too crowded.

Mark Whittle of the University of Virginia Astronomy Department will present a lecture on ?Sounds of the Big Bang: The Music of the Universe? at the Samuels Library in Front Royal

at 2 pm on Saturday May 21.

This lecture is sponsored by the Shenandoah Area Secular Humanists.

6. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    i have to go to a wedding at 4:30 i plan on going to see EP III again afterwards

7. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    I still have no one to see it with and I am not going to see it alone.

8. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    I am going to King's Dominion on the 16th with a group of friends. I know it's far away from you all, but I thought maybe we could work with that. :)

I'm afraid that I'll only be able to attend meetings on my side of the mountain, which will most likely be quite rare. But if you all end up planning anything in Charlottesville, I'll do my best to make it. :)

9. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Charlottesville isn't too bad i can see whats going on down that way and see what we can do, im in the mood for a road trip. The 16th of june or july? now that would be sweet, star wars invading a star trek park, hahahhahaha

10. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Sixteen of July sounds good. Shall we make a day of it?

11. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    16th sounds good, i will put it on my calendar

12. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    anyone have any specific place in Charlottesville they would like to meet?
    We could start at the Wood Grill?
    If we are near a hotspot I can also VC or Text the meeting to anyone who has one of the four major messenger clients.

13. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    No, i was aking when moon was going to Kings dominion. i have to check my calendar for the date, hehehehehe.

14. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Due to scheduling conflicts the 23rd of July has been suggested instead of the sixteenth. Feedback please?

15. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    I'm good that day, im looking to see whats down there to see what we can do.

16. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    We need to know who is interested in attending that meeting.
    If you do not live in the Front Royal area and it is more convenient for you to come to Charlottesville then please PM me or AtAtCommander so that we may get a headcount.
    If no one responds there will not be a Charlottesville meeting.

17. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Moonshadow has not yet contacted us, therefore we will not be having a meeting in Charlottesville on the 23rd. The meeting will be held in Front Royal.

18. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    I'm so sorry that you guys went and planned a meeting for me and I died off. :( My computer time became limited....

Anyway. Thank you for bothering to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.