main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Let's make with the planing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    After Steam politely told me to update my graphics card drivers, I joined an Internode server (Mainly because the server is about 15 minutes up the road from me :p) and first map I jumped into was Well. I like Well...

But yeah, definitely had some major beginners luck, cos I went from getting 25kills/20deaths to getting 10kills/21deaths :(

Look forward to Serious Businessing it with ya'll soon then!

2. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    And cake, there is cake!

I think the word you are looking for is physically. Bodily actually means "of the body".

And a mouse, you be needing one of those too.

3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Not to mention a network cable, and given the uneven surfaces usually the nature of lan tables, a mouse mat or equivelant.

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Great, with all those additions, now I'm imagining us all just bursting into an internet cafe wearing red robes while BBN cries out "NOBODY expect Serious Business!!"

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I didn't want to publicly announce my plans yet, but yeah, it's on the cards.

There won't be a huge need for people to bring their own network cables. I have amassed way too many. If you've got 'em, bring 'em, just in case, but don't worry if you don't. I've got it covered for spares.

Bodily drag your PC to Serious Business Live.
    I think the word you are looking for is physically. Bodily actually means "of the body".

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Bodily
    Definition 3.

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Hmmm, I think with that it's still referring to the property of having a "body" to move. In a metaphorical sense I guess, the Computer Box is the body of the computer. It's a moot point really...

You could use bodily in a sentance pertaining to your computer, but it conveys a slightly different meaning than the one you were trying to get across, though we all got the point anyway and I'm rambling.

Great, with all those additions, now I'm imagining us all just bursting into an internet cafe wearing red robes while BBN cries out "NOBODY expect Serious Business!!"

Heehehehehehee... Well BBN does do some of the best silly voices. I'll get the soft cushions for poking then...

7. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Morgs is right, as an adverb it still pertains to having a (whole) body to which an afforementioned action happened to, thus I still maintain you can't use it in the way it's been used.

Drag your computer bodily, yes.
    Bodily drag, no.

Check out the second section of the link, it might make more sense :)

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, it's true. It's a semi-correct usage, I guess. I just kinda threw it out there without giving much thought. :p

9. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm just being pedantic, no hard feelings [:D]

10. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Awww [:D]

So are we confirmed for the 8th, people? All the usual suspects locked in? (Incidentally, my brother might be able to come too. He needs some schooling in the ways of The Business.)

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Pretty sure I'm good to go - assume I'm locked in unless I say otherwise.

12. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    The only way you are leaving is feet first, Morgs... [face_devil]

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Oooh, ominous. :eek:

14. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Internode has banned me from their servers because of offensive language (I can't even remember the time, and I rarely TYPE offensive language [face_plain] ) and I've been banned on the servers until the 10th. I'm going to ask for some help on the forums, but I doubt that'll help.

Sorry guys :( It's looking like I'll have to sit out TF2 online :(

Good news is - We should have enough people for 4v4 over LAN, which is how "the pros" play.

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    What the..? Sounds like a mixup - or you were framed or something. Craziness. Anywho, that sucks Sammich :(

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    That sucks, Sammich, but you can still play on GA servers. GameArena kinda sucks, yeah, but it's better than nothing.

17. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    So... is this ting locked in Eddy? March 8 at Goobs'?

I just wanna make sure because I'm buying me a new hard drive this week, and I want to plan who I'm bludging knowledge, expertise and guidance from with regards to the finer points of connecting HDDs to motherboards and power supplies.

18. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    So far as I know it's locked in, Cargin. I'll be happy to assist with a hard drive install there. It's a piece of cake.

Now, question: I previously mentioned that my brother Sam might be able to join us, and it seems he is. He also wanted to ask if his friend Joel could come. I've spoken to the dude briefly over email, and he seems like a cool guy, and word is he's a big TF2 fan, so that's good enough for me. :p I told Sam I'd have to run it by the host and the rest of you guys, so what do you say? The more the merrier, right?

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Like I said in the thread about that person trying to sell us Monopoly -

[image=http://www.naturemoms.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/thumbs_up.jpg]

20. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    So what time are y'all firing up the toaster ovens for this shindig? And how long is it likely to stretch into the night?

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    3pm till whenever we can't take it anymore.

22. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006

Hehehehe, this sums up Team Fortress 2 and the Pyro so very well :D

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    What does, Zerebin? I'm assuming you're talking about the VG Cats strip, but you haven't actually linked or posted anything to confirm this.

24. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    [image=http://meeplemorph.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/1164067718140pu4.gif]

:p

25. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.