main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF- 2009 Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I will bring these for consumption

blue milk
    spotted dick sponge pudding (dont laugh, im serious)

2. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    maybe we could watch this at the party to see the announcement of the new star wars video game...

http://theforce.net/topstory/story/New_Star_Wars_Video_Game_Speculation_128145.asp

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm very sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it to the party after all. I've got too much to deal with at the moment, and need to take care of things.

As some of you know, my car was wrecked a few weeks ago. I've been borrowing cars from my parents in the meantime. The first one of these died last week when the water pump failed, and is currently stuck in repairs due to a broken/stuck bolt. Today the second one died and we have no idea yet what's wrong with it. My dad and I have one usable car between us now, which is going to become a big problem come Monday when we each have to go to work. So I need to focus on getting a replacement car sooner rather than later. I also have a lot of other work to get done in preparation for family coming out next week.

I was looking forward to the party and seeing everyone, and am really sorry that I won't be there.

4. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    We all had a merry time. Thank you for inviting everyone Eva, you have a beautiful home.
    ~Thomas

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    That sucks. Hope your car troubles clear up soon. In the mean time maybe you should get a rental or something.

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    ^^^^^^^Ditto. Thanks for creating Thanksgiving Part 2 with all that food and opening your new home to us. Thank you further for taking the challenge of my Hoth gear. I'm so proud you finally got the name of the planet right! =D=

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks again to Eva for hosting such a festive party! We are really sad you could not make it this year Alison :( I hope the cars are fixed soon.

I'm uploading my photos right now. I'm kind of bummed the batteries on my good camera pooped out because my tiny camera just ended up having a lot of messed up shots (out of focus mostly, crummy camera!).

http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/rebellegion/unityholidayparty

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks to everyone for making it, and to Eva for hosting it! I think I have leftovers to last a week!

9. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Great house Eva, great party.

There was soooooooooooooo much food. Well, as always.

10. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    lol there's pictures of us holding up our first gift... and then there's pictures of us holding up our next gift

11. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I guess I should tell Eva to check the boards. ;) It was a great party and it was awesome to see everyone. I thought it was funny that since Eva was out when Rob and I got there, everyone was asking me where stuff was. I had only been in the house twice before. [face_laugh]

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Er... now that I think about it... weren't we suppose to hold elections or something like elections concerning the SFFF? LOL... Although having elections during a multi-club function is rather unusual and kinda out of place but considering the out cry at the last meeting should we set one for the next meeting? :confused: Oro?

13. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I forgot about that. Since there were several people who couldn't make it, maybe it is just as well. We can do it at the next meeting, unless we want to do them online.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Online for nominations I'd think, maybe even online for the voting since everyone has comp access I'd assume.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    [image=http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16636_239485563956_512393956_4389635_1195881_n.jpg]
    Group shot

[image=http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16636_239485578956_512393956_4389636_4462228_n.jpg]
    Take 2

[image=http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16636_239485598956_512393956_4389638_5994366_n.jpg]
    Matty tempting fate. :p

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I don't think the Unity party was the right place or time for an SFFF election.;)

Hey Ming, any chance I can get the original hi res photos from you?

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was just going to ask that too. Ming, I can give you mine and Kathy's pics if you want. I can give you the Modesto parade pics as well.

Kathy, I'll give you a CD of my party pics today.

As far as elections go, we could do January.

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Ha... I uploaded the pics on photobucket and was gonna post the link but then I got distracted by gluing to my sniper scope assembly on my Blastech A-280 and MacGyvering a space heater to bend my X-wing helmet into the proper shape. :p (Totally worked too! :D ).

Holiday Party 2009 Pics

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy,

Do you have all the pics now? I think Angelica has pictures too.

20. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I've been too busy, I didn't get any of Angelica's photos and still have to download Ming's.

Ming - I just downloaded your photos but they are low res. Do you have the original hi res available? Just so I can have them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.