main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Website and hosting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey guys, just to let you know that the website hosting is about to expire on July 1st. I've thought about it in depth and have come to some conclusions about it. Firstly, currently, it's unsustainable in terms of cost and I utterly dislike asking everyone for cash for something they doesn't really benefit the club directly. Furthermore, no one has any time to dedicate to maintaining it properly.

Therefore, I am making the recommendation that it should just shut down. NO MORE "DUES"... yay! We still own the domain name for the next year and a half should we want to restart it or if someone wants to take the reigns of it now, then great... I'm rather busy with something else at the moment. ;) In place of the website, I am making the recommendation that the SF Fan Force group on Facebook be reinstated, brand new, with safe guards in place to prevent misuse. There are other reasons I think this is a better alternative as other clubs and groups do similar things on FB but more over it gives us a most social interaction rather than a static informational website.

What do folks think?

2. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    You can basically do all that stuff for free in facebook (pictures, profiles, events etc). plus it is more easily advertised and searchable.

3. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005

agree with tom! yes to fb!

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Francisco-Fan-Force/115899048504249 Back on FB. The groups is kinda different from before but drop by and say hello. ^^

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Alright the group is likable! :D I posted some pics and there is random news... To insure the procedural safety of the group this time I have made Rachel, Robert, and Tom admins as they have all currently or previously hold some kinda admin position before with in the club. This will insure that should something come up that one person can not just... umm... what's the best way to phase this... lay waste to a groups structure to make a point... No matter how important the point may have been, there are usually better ways in dealing with problems. Albeit not as quick. ;) If you have pics and such feel free to post, although I reserve the right to enhance and modify and/or delete redundancy. Thanks all. =D

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The new sleeker url for the SFFF FB page as we just hit 25 likes ^^: http://www.facebook.com/SFFanForce
    =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.