main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude, that would be awesome.

I've always imagined Owen telling the stormtroopers to go to hell right before they killed him.

2. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    Maul vs. Vader will happen at some point, either in the Rebels show or in one of the spinoff movies down the line. Disney won't pass up that opportunity.

Sitara likes this.
  3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I liked The Clone Wars, and as a viewer, the resurrected characters like Darth Maul and situations (carbon freezing) grew on me because they were a part of the storyline and well done, but this new show just needs to start fresh. The Clone Wars' ending was handled badly, but there's no need to try to shoehorn it into this show to give it awkward and jagged completions.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Of course he should! It'd be awesome if he was one of the main villains. I don't like how they've just left his fate unknown in TCW, so hopefully they'll get to finish his story and have him killed in an epic duel against someone like Obi-Wan or Vader.

CoolyFett likes this.
  5. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    To respond directly to the thread title - Yeah, no duh. Y'all Maul-deniers out there better move along, because he's back, baby!

"I'm most surprised to see you have survived your... injuries... Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. I have better uses for you!"

CoolyFett and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    If we really won't get closure on Maul in the TCW bonus stuff, then yes. I feel that it is necessary to get to see the fate of the character, preferably on an SW TV series, since we last saw him still alive and in a cliffhanger. They could do a story arc dealing with him and in which he's killed in the end.

7. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Maul should definitely come back. He's too big a character to leave his fate to a novel or comic.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think he would make a great secondary villain next to Imperials and gangsters in the new show. Vader and Tarkin will probably be the big guns and should only be used sparingly (Palps will also appear but he will sit on his throne most of the time). Maul however could serve as a hand or inquisitor as a credible recurring threat.

CoolyFett likes this.
  9. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    When I heard Maul was coming back I rolled my eyes. Then I got to see the arcs that he was in and it was done fabulously.
    He first appearance is creepy and distubing because he has gone mad. Then he becomes colder and more calculating.
    He also has, for me, the best fight scene with Pre Vizla.

I think that Maul's story can't be told in Rebels because it would need resolving before ROTS. I think that Palpatine was going to use Maul in some way in Series 6 but this became unresolved. I imagine he would not have made it to ROTS in the same way that Ventress is off the map by ROTS.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Maul cannot appear in Rebels because it would create a huge plot hole in ROTS.

Disney were probably too quick to kill off Clone Wars Series 6 and move the franchise back on to the OT timeline.

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Ideally his fate should have been resolved in TCW. If Rebels takes place 15 years later I think that's too much of a time gap IMO to leave Maul floating around. I dislike the idea of the explanation of his fate defaulting to Rebels just because "he's too big of a character" or "I don't want to see it in a novel or comic."

Hypothetically, say we weren't getting Rebels. Would fans then insist that Maul show up 50-60 years later in Episode VII because it's a non-comic/novel and his character is too important? So shoehorn him into a story in which he doesn't fit just to give him a fate?

How does Vader not know that Maul is out there for decades? Emperor's hand or not, Maul survived would-be fatal wounds via the Force, while Vader survived via iron lung; Maul was also trained as a Sith, so even having been demoted, he would still be a threat to Vader to allow Palpatine to keep him in the wings. Even if Palpatine had no intention of replacing Vader, the Sith aren't exactly all about trust, and I would think that Vader's mistrust and paranoia would get the better of him and he would want to eliminate Maul.

It's possible that Rebels takes place right after ROTS and that they'll retcon the origins of the Rebellion to tie into Lux and the Onderon rebels. But even if they don't go with established Canon, the pictures of the Tie Fighter make me think it will take place closer to ANH or at the very least solidly in the middle of the 19 year gap between ROTS and ANH. Having Maul just out there still alive for the sake of not showing his fate in a comic/novel would be one of the most disappointing things they could do IMO.

12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Rebels will probably take place soon after RotS because that's the only way you can really show the hunt for Jedi and the characters that were introduced in TCW. Also young Vader is interesting because his development after his injuries was a huge omission in his character arc.

Plus the title isn't Star Wars Rebellion, but rather Star Wars Rebels.

13. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm still not convinced the TCW counts any more than other EU, mostly because much of the viewing public isn't aware of these events.

I guess Maul could get a spin-off, and it could be cool, but as far as I'm concerned he died in Ep I and TCW is an EU "what if".

Let the screaming begin! :cool:

V-2 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
  15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Darth Sidious himself, slaughtered those two.

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    As long as Filoni doesn't get to direct/write the episode or arc where Maul meets his destiny. I have a feeling that in his version of the final duel to the death, Maul wouldn't be the only one sporting horns on their head... If ya catch my drift.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I hope you're not referring to Ahsoka. Lekku =/= horns. [face_frustrated]

18. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I think he is implying Savage Oppress will return from the dead?

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Time to retake SW Xenobiology buddy. :)

Lekku = Flexible headtails, found on Twi'Leks, Togruta and various other species.

Montrals = Rigid horns found on Togruta. They blend into the Lekku at some point down the side of their heads.

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Derp. I totally knew that.

Must have been tired. Or high. Thanks for the correction, though! :)

cwustudent likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't catch your drift

22. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    When Maul inevitably returns, the only thing I want is for him to be wielding Savage's saberstaff. That's all that really matters.

Darth Dnej and darklordoftech like this.
  23. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I'm kinda wondering what Palpatine did with that darksaber. I mean, obviously it never shows up in either his or Vader's possession, in either RoTS or the OT. The out-of-universe reason being that TCW wasn't written when any of those movies were made, but there must also be an in-universe explanation. Imagine if he'd busted out the darksaber during his duel with Mace.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Should Maul return in Rebels, even show his actual fate?

uh...no.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth Maul: wielding double-sabers before there were clones

The Shadow Emperor likes this.