main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Shows

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Let's put our tv show threads & rantings here:

Angel -Love him. Ia, don't watch it for the plot watch it for the Hunky Guys!!
    ok my bead on the Cordy thing- she become a celestial being, on another plane of existance (not a bird but a plane). She came back because she was "hi-jacked". She died so she could go back to that plane but the "powers that be" owed her a favor so she hung out to help Angel and now is back in the right realm. However, are we so sure that she'll never take a quick vaca? I think not.

Smallville - So is Clark's dad dead? What's going on? Is there a Dukes of Hazzard movie remake that he has to rush off to?

Enterprise- Oh Tupal- jump Tripp and get it over with already.

Battlestar- Keep all rumors coming my way. This has such potential I hope they don't screw it up!

Ok. Your turn. Have at it. This post is for fun & let's keep it for shows we like, separate from January. Thanks!

Melanie

2. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I don't think Clark's dad is dead. In the comics, his parents are elderly, so if they stick to the comics in that regard, he won't die. Has anyone else noticed that that Adam Knight guy is supposed to be Batman? I don't think the producers were able to get the rights to use him, so they created this knock off.

3. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    my roommate pointed the Adam Knight part out to me. How could I have forgotten to mention that? I like that story line & let's see where that goes.

Smallville - I thought Clark's dad is having a massive heart attack but will they actually follow a formula or do they need to write him off because they're not renewing his contract?

Melanie

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I think it has something to do with the deal he struck with Jor-el to save Clark earlier in the season.

L8r

5. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    AH. did they actually talk about the deal? Jorel said it would cost him but don't remember the details.
    Melanie

6. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah Rogue hit it right on the head- the deal he made with Jor-el- is the cause of this- which is why he had the little heart attack after he fought Clark when he got the powers and is why he said 'No not now' before he told Clark he loved him. As for your bit about Angel- I have no idea what you are saying. I watch the show for its broody nature and its intresting plots. Plus vampires and demons rock! I don't think T'pol and Tripp will ever do it! I think she is saving her Vulcan cherry for Archer. I already gave you the real scoop on Battlestar- unless you ignored my post- I said they optioned to make a show out of it before Jan. 31st which was when there option to do so would have ran out. They ended the mini-series in such a retarded way.

7. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm fairly stubborn so, I will wait & see regarding Clark's dad. It seems like a death scene to me; he thinks he's dying, he says "not yet!", I love you son, etc.
    Regarding Angel, if you haven't seen the 100th episode, you won't know what we're talking about. If you did and you still don't know what I'm talking about, then ask me to clarify what you don't follow and I will try to answer it as best as I can.
    True T'pol and Archer were together in the episode he had no long term memory and there's some chemistry but come on, all that time alone with Tripp, alone, in her cabin, doing what they're doing, hmmm, I think it's about time they hook up! It would just be interesting.
    I thank you for the Battlestar scoop. I wasn't ignoring it, I was hoping to get more gossip and information as possible. You said they optioned to make a show out of it before Jan. 31st but also that it wasn't going anywhere too. Maybe I misunderstood you but I want more information, rumors, something! I hate being in limbo waiting to hear if it's going to go through, live or die. Sigh.
    Melanie

8. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Melanie I am under the impression you don't read my posts- that is okay- but the whole Angel talk started because of me... I watch Angel- I saw the 100th episode which is how all this talk started- but what you were saying made no sense to me. Hey its possible to spend lots of time with a hot chick alone and get none- I don't know by personal experience I will let you know- the crying I am doing now is not related.

9. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Raiza, remember that cartoon you were talking about with the family and the dinosaurs a couple of weeks ago? I'm pretty sure that was called "Valley of the Dinosaurs".

10. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Keep the Smallville talk a-coming. I've missed way too many lately, but it's still one of my favorite shows out there.

I'll try to watch Battlestar's series whenever, if I have cable, or find a neighbor with Tivo. -ce

11. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Mike, thank you. You actually guessed in the January post. The family with dinosaurs is the Herculoids and the guy who yielded a sort of light sword weapon & rode the lizard horse was answered by James on the January post - it was Thundarr the Barbarian. Thanks for everyone's help. It's strange what you remember from childhood.

Campbell, good luck finding a neighbor with TIVO AND cable. I hear they're rare. [face_laugh]

Melanie

12. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I saw Smallville last night but missed Enterprise. Regarding Smallville, I bow my head to you gentleman who maintained Clark's dad would live on. It seemed like he died but nope, false alarm just a heart attack, as you've said. I thought they might take a little artistic license but nope. Adam & his bleeding heart (I mean eyes were cool) and Pete is now in the Hu-hood!

Enterprise mentioned something in the preview of T'Pol sharing her feelings with Tripp. I'm going to see it on Sunday but couldn't TIVO it last night. Could someone give me a little more detail so I don't go crazy between now & Sunday?

Angel -eh. Not the best ever. At least that's my opinion. That's all I've got to say on that.

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    You just got to add up all you know to establish what will be. They have pretty much stayed true to the general story line- but a lot of the stories of the day are based on a story of the past- the thing that makes it appeal to people of the age it is re-written in- does it still connect to the society around it. The mythos of Superman is in a way a timeless tale- the classic Beowulf like hero who conquers evil by extreme means- though without sparking to much religious debate- Superman is almost like a Jesus-type story- sent to us from the heavens- the last son of Krpyton- sorta like the son of God. Who becomes the savior of man by doing heroic deeds and who maintains truth and justice. Anyways I can't wait for next weeks show!!! Man it looks hotter then Krypton's sun going supernova! Hey I got Enterprise on my puter-haven't watched it yet- will probably tonite- need to watch Angel too. I was too busy entertaining peeps at Olive Garden- so I wasn't home- I was eating there- I don't work there.

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    HEY! Looks like there's more info on Battlestar. Maybe it's old but it's new to me and posted yesterday. On scifi.com they have that they have a green light and are proceeding with filming the next 13 episodes!! Yea!

Melanie :)

15. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Also, feel free to post here any references to Star Wars you spot on any tv shows. Like lightsaber dueling doctors on Scrubs, or Eric Forman talking about his toys on That 70s Show.

16. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    There's a rumor that someone in our neighborhood has this week's Scrubs & the 70's show on TIVO. I wonder if they'll let me scan it for SW references? Hmm...
    Melanie

17. Phntmns

Phntmns Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2003
    I see no one has mentioned the Farscape series. I hope I'm not the only one hooked on that one! By the way, I'm new at responding, but have been a member for awhile. Hello everyone!

18. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    First, WELCOME!!! Fresh ideas, fresh blood! I LOVE it!
    FARSCAPE Rocks! Must admit I love Zhan and John is dreamy but Dhargo (please forgive my spelling) ROCKS!
    I just watched a re-run of it the other night.
    It was one where John rescues Erynn from having the baby ripped out of her but leaves Scorpius who has all the worm hole tech. So obviously Crichton will have to go back and rescue Scorpi but I missed all of those last episodes, so even though these are re-runs any talk on them is welcome!
    OR are the re runs? I've lost track of so many of the later shows I just don't know.
    I also LOVE Stargate SG1 and have kept up with them more regularly. Anyone else?
    Ok, I really have to go.

Melanie

19. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Farscape is the best show ever- I started a thread a while ago- and it sorta died with a whimper. Next month they have another box set coming out with some of the last season eps. Supposedly they are shooting a 4 part mini in Sydney- that would be nice if we resolve what happened to John and Aeryn in the last episode. That Galactica news only came out a few days ago. I wonder if they'll find Earth? I wonder also if they'll explain why they are so much more advanced then us, yet we are all from the same group of Tribes... Earth being the 13th Tribe.

20. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
  21. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Sigh. It will be a sad, sad day when this show will finally come to a close. :_|
    Yet another fabulous show ran it's course and will be yanked from viewing. There'll hardly be anything left, just reruns of old shows we once loved.
    Boo hoo (crying in a corner, rocking back & forth). I need some time alone with my sadness.

Melanie

22. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I used to watch a lot of tv, but I don't anymore. All the quality programming is being replaced by stupid reality shows and lame sitcoms. I think I may have to start seeing movies again. :p

L8r

23. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Responding to Campbell's post on SW references...

Did anyone see SNL last night? Funny as hell. Drew Barrymore hosted, and in the opening speech, ET came out and then 3PO and Vader. Vader was like, "Drew, I am your father" and she's like "No, you're not." Then he read her a Valentine. It was funny...hehehe

As for Forman in That 70's Show, I completely identify with him... Anyone see the one where Donna and Eric are moving out? Eric's in the basement, and Donna comes in to get more boxes. She sees a box marked "dishes" and says, "Eric, didn't we already load all of those?" Then she opens the box and pulls out Eric's Millenium Falcon! Great crap!!!

24. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I did not see the beginning of Saturday Night Live, but I did have it on "in the background," so to speak, while I was at my computer. First, I hate Drew Berrymore, she is so amazingly ugly in every way possible as to defy all logic. But, really, am I the only one that hates how there is a good skit, but it can be ruined by a little *too* much? Last night, they did one where Drew played Charlize Theron, one of the best looking women in Hollywood. They showed her playing in Monster (best movie, so far, of 2004 (would have been the best on my Top 10 of 2003 had it opened here at that time)). So, the skit is funny, Drew actually does a great job, and it then goes on to show her doing other parts with facial masks and such. The problem? The host, kept doing the "I can't smell!" bit, and it ruined the entire thing.

Uhg.

Anyway, I have avoided this entire "Show" thread because, well, I would go off on so many shows (some in a good way!), and that would just take too much out of me.

God, Drew is ugly. How *dare* she be one of Charlie's Angels!

Brandon

25. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Brandon you only live once so why not share your thoughts for prosperity? Don't hold it in! You could die tomorrow and then no one would ever know what you thought. Depressed yet?
    I haven't watched SNL yet but have it on TIVO and plan to watch it tonight along with Enterprise. I can't wait to see Tripp & T'pol!
    Also Charmed. They're going to do a rip off of I Dream of Genie, so how could I miss that? It gets silly sometimes but what else is there to watch? I know, tv snow is more interesting but shrug, what's a girl to do? They're taking away Angel, after that, well, I don't know if I can muster enough interest in tv anymore. I'll buy my new DVD/CD/Sound system and build the biggest collection of movies and old shows and watch what I want, when I want.
    True random tv, as someone told me, has a certain quality to it. Good example was if a song came on the radio, you'd be more apt to listen to it, than if you had it on CD. Something along those lines.
    Melanie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.