main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Shows

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    At first I wasn't even going to dignify that answer with anything, but then I got to thinking that what it looks like you are doing is flame baiting, and I don't see where I ever indicated that I didn't like Gunn because he is black. That is totally unfair and uncalled for and I resent like hell that you, who don't even know me, or what background I have, or what colour my skin is, or what anything about me, would be so presumptous to place a label on me stating that I am something I am not. Stop causing trouble where there shouldn't be any to start with.

jedigirl99

2. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    I dunno, I liked Gunn's character much better early on, but after the fallout with Fred and then what I see as the constant hesitation to act for the benefit of the group rather than the self, I got fed up with the character. But then again, it works with the whole group and how each one reacts to the other's decisions and the ultimate fallout. The two characters that I didn't like at all in the whole get go, Cordy and Wes, are the two characters that have grown the most (IMO) and it's ironic that now I like those two the most. :)

jedigirl99

3. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    jedigirl,

I'm pretty sure Ruckus was joking. :)

L8r

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Wow- some people just gotta explode like the death star. I thought it was odd how you said everyone has there faults but you don't like Gunn because of his faults... but.. if you were offended I am sorry. If I meant it meanly I'd had called you a racist. Gunn is a victim of his own ambition- as is everyone- his ambition killed Fred- but in all actuallity they all killed Fred- they all in some way contributed. Gunn doing the lions share of course. Now Gunn did the noble thing and is doing his pennance to pay for his mistake- like Angel said- Gunn is a good man- which is why he feels so guilty- a person who didn't care would continue thing only of themself.

5. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    Apology accepted. I reckon that is what makes us human. It is perfectly acceptable to dislike specific characters because in all honesty, they do have specific traits that, although they may all share to a degree, some are more blatant in certain details than in others. Having been a teacher for several years in the unfortunate public school system, I get irate at the "race card" being played to such an extent that it makes it hard for everyone to get along better with one another. It works both ways. It has nothing to do with racism, but rather the fact that some people are just antisocial or not to other's liking (not to say that there are not real anal racist out there). If you read my later post, you can see that Gunn is not the only character I have disliked. He is at this time, the one I truely do not, and it is just a matter of preference. I never liked Faith from the get go to the end, so you can see, it has nothing to do with Gunn being black. Since email is such a pain at times in relaying what one is really saying, perhaps a little smiley or *pun* would be wise for use.

"Explode like the Death Star?". LOL. As my dear hubby once said at a Newlywed Game when asked the question "you haven't seen butt ugly until you've seen my wife's _____" he replied, "her temper".

jedigirl99

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.