main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY SNOW!?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by cyranodb, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    When did it start <TOS VIOLATION> snowing?!

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I <TOS VIOLATION> Hate Snow!

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    'bout 10pm last night over by me.

I had to drive the boy home in it. I saw about 10 accidents.

4. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    It started here in NYC around 8:00-8:30 last night. I <TOS VIOLATION> hate snow as well. But its going to be in the high 30's tomorrow with rain.

5. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Yeah its already semi-sunny here. Semi-cloudy.

The accidents i saw last night were strange. Somehow, an SUV's front tires ended up ontop of the front hood of a car.

6. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I love snow, I just hate the bitter cold winds that usually accompany it. I haven't been sick in 4 years and I think I might be getting a cold, about time I guess LOL I went through about half a box of tissues last night and some nyquil to knock me out so I could finally sleep without the runny nose.

:: trudges back to work with runny nose, itchy sore throat, and sneezing :: Thank the force for Dayquil and cough drops.

7. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Feel better.

8. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    SNOW!!! w00t-ness! [face_dancing] And it wasn't too much, 'twas just pretty! Eeeeeeee! :D *bounces*

*sends Kris get-well Force mojo* ~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~ [face_hypnotized]

9. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Im still not sick! *knock on wood*

My boy was sick. My dad was sick. My mom was sick.

and all i have is a runny nose and a sometimes sore throat from the dry steam heat we have in my house.

Go immune system that im not really supposed to have!

10. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    It was and still is pretty nasty here in Philly too!

11. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Feel better Kris :)

12. SilverJedi331

SilverJedi331 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    was this the first snow of the season in NYC? it seemed like just a flurry ;)

ive been up in cow country oneonta where its snowed close to ten times already, if not more.

stay warm everyone!! :) drink some hot chocolate with a candycane and stock up on the dayquil hehe.

13. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Up in Massachusetts, it snowed this morning, and now it has stopped but it is freezing COLD!

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Snow aint bad. Just too dang cold.

I'm looking forward to a nice white Christmas in Buffalo this year. :)

15. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Having a white Christmas is always good. :)

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    <TOS VIOLATION> the <TOS VIOLATION> with a <TOS VIOLATION> claw hammer.

I <TOS VIOLATION> hate that <TOS VIOLATION>. Even after I got the <TOS VIOLATION> <TOS VIOLATION>, I needed to <TOS VIOLATION> the <TOS VIOLATION> thing.

Have a nice <TOS VIOLATION> day!!! :)

17. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Snow is good...Kills the germs and looks cool too. (No pun intended!) :)

It snowed here today too...for all of about 10 minutes. [face_plain]

18. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Ten Minutes, wow, :)

19. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Really. Did they send out the snow plows? lol

Just kidding. ;)

20. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    They sent the snow plows out in my town. They must've dropped about 3 inches of salt to combat the 1/8 inch of snow that fell. This morning, I went out and shoveled salt. My sister was complaining we had no rock salt and the store was out so I went into the street, got some and spread it on our stoops and sidewalk...seriously.

Keep in mind that this is the same town that every few years sends all residents a memo regarding animal carcass removal. On my street they will remove all dead animal carcasses. However they make a special
    notation that they cannot remove porpoises or whales.

I should be about due for one and cannot wait to scan and post it. It lists the telephone number to call for animal removal. I am OK is a Great White or Giraffe gets hit by the snow plow on 91st Street in front of my house, but if that same snow plow runs over an Orca on my block, I don't know what to do! I guess they must have a special department for marine mammal removal! :D

21. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I was studying for Latin, looked out the window, and realised there was snow on the ground. And then this morning I went to my final, and it was <TOS VIOLATION>ing cold. Plus <TOS VIOLATION>ing windy.

22. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Gotta love North Bergen!!

There was salt on our sidewalks only. I had quite the fun getting bundled up this morning. I thought I was dreaming when the Weather Channel reported 13 degrees. Then, I realized it'd be slow today because of the weather. Oh....that didn't stop the Christmas Crazies from coming in!

Tomorrow will be warmer. Thank heavens.

23. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    I wonder if people stocked up on milk and bread ?

LOL :p

24. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I don't mind the snow when it's in season(and it was close enough to winter to not feel too ticked off about Monday's light coverage)...but as many here have noted, it's the bitter cold that I can do without.

Particularly on an otherwise beautiful day. :p

Hot Cocoa, anyone? :)

- Johnny

25. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    "Keep in mind that this is the same town that every few years sends all residents a memo regarding animal carcass removal. On my street they will remove all dead animal carcasses. However they make a special notation that they cannot remove porpoises or whales."

I found these gems on the Bergen County animal control site:

"In order to remove cats that cannot be handled, it is necessary to confine them in a humane trap. For a $55 deposit (refunded when the trap is returned) we will loan you a trap and pick up any cats caught 9-5 on weekdays. It is your responsibility to set the trap, monitor it and call us if a cat is caught, and close the trap in the late afternoon."

So, if a feral cat gets into your bedroom and attaches itself to your head, prying open your eyelids with its claws... they'll give you a trap! (Only on weekdays though. Nice kitty...)

"We respond to calls for sick or injured wildlife to any of our contracted towns. We will pick up dead animals on public property during normal business hours. For a fee payable by the resident we will pick up dead animals on private property. We are not a pest control service and will not remove healthy wildlife from your property. The only exception is that we will remove wildlife from living quarters for a fee payable by the resident at the time of the service. This does not include animals in attics, basements, garages, chimneys or sheds."

This means you have to coax that pack of rabid hungry raccoons down from your attic into your bedroom for them to do anything about it.

Oh, and to stay on topic... I love snow. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.