main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm actually wondering that myself about rumors. so many rumors lack credibility that I ignore them. Abrams might be able to keep secret, however lower level employees are the problem. my dad went to highschool with the children of LFL employees. for that reason he knew that Vader was Luke's dad before the Empire Strikes Back came out. now with the internet it's a whole different ballgame

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I think we're still quite safe from any big leaks and actual spoilers.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In this forum we are supposed to be safe from rumors from lower-level employees. From what I remember from 3SA, a lot of the discussion centered around what so-and-so saw while working on the set. Anakin Force-choking Padme was leaked about a year in advance of the film by somebody called "Darth Friday" and generated a pretty good ****storm there. (I called bull**** on it. Sadly I was wrong.)

I don't remember Lucas himself or the actors leaking anything; in fact, I remember an interview in which Hayden Christensen refused to answer a couple of questions about AOTC because "I want to be in Episode III." IIRC the actors were all given varying copies of the script, with lines changed in scenes that did not directly involve them, plus pretty tight non-disclosure agreements. With Abrams being more notoriously tight-lipped than Lucas, I hope the lack of "official source" spoilers holds.

As far as rumors at this point, I have seen both of the ones you mentioned, albeit against my will. I'm not taking anything too seriously at this point though.

4. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Brahms is very tight with stid. the whole khan thing was well kept it a secret, though there was some speculation.. perhaps I will watch the trailers knowing that Abrams does not spoil much.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    eht13 and I just finished mapping out our trip. We should be at all of your houses to disable your newsfeeds, YouTube, browser cookies and your access to social media & newssites within the next 2 weeks. Please hang in there and be as strong as possible until we arrive. For a small fee, we will also cut off access to your local Barnes & Noble or any other public place with potential exposure to spoilers by having these establishments obtain a restraining order against you lest you ever have a moment of weakness and enter such environments. We ask that you begin the process of cancelling your cable subscription before we arrive to remove your televisions. Be strong... we'll be there as soon as the family truckster can get us there.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I haven't had cable since 2006.

I did get one of those rumors from Facebook though.

7. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ...why does the above post sound eerily like something the Empire would pull? o_O

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The people have cried out for big government. The people need our help. We serve the people.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I remember a great rumor: Anakin was going to Force choke Jar Jar...

...but then I saw the movie.

Why. :(

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

Did we decide to remove the part about "taking care" of their friends who might try to talk to them about SW?

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    We will determine upon meeting each individual member whether they have friends. Then, silence their friends as necessary.

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh right, yeah... that makes sense.

OK, see you guys soon! :D

13. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    I definitely don't want to know about casting decisions. I will flip out if they go for star power to attract people to the greatest movie franchise ever known. Like Samuel Jackson, yes.

Damn I'm getting upset just thinking about it.

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Probably not very . . . I still read the other forum. I have no will against my curiosity for E7.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't read the other forum since this one opened, except for a couple of forays into their GIL thread, and I haven't even done that in over a week.

16. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll watch the short teaser trailers, maybe the longer ones. I haven't decided. I'm also ok with the poster and a few pieces of official artwork/promo shots.
    But I used adblock to completely hide 7S, and I'm going to try and avoid most news sites as we approach 2015. I'm probably going to block the sci-fi sites closer in. Better no temptation.
    Rumour wise... none for me. I feel like it would be one of the things to make me give in.

I want to be as unspoiled as is possible in this age of the Internet.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I would pay for this service

18. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013

Amen to that.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

19. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Outside of watching the theatrical trailers, I hope to see nothing else about this film minus posters. I will even avoid TV commercials, I do the same for Marvel movies...

20. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    So glad that was a rumor!

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Once production starts in earnest, I'll probably stay away from JC altogether. That's how spoiler free I'm gonna be.

- I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire!
    - Wesa free!

/LM

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Now that's hardcore.

I've been advocating in Comms for those of us who don't want spoilers but still want to be able to post here, as far as determining where we will be able to post without worrying about being spoiled. I still want to be able to discuss the EU, the new TV series coming out this fall, the ST in this forum (although I'll bail in here if the rest of the forum decides they want to discuss the long trailers or anything else too spoilerific for me), and I want to be able to hang out with you guys even if we aren't discussing Star Wars at all. The mod team has been pretty responsive and at this point I'm not concerned about needing to bail on the entire board.

I'm not dissing your choice, everyone has to do what works, I'm just throwing that out there in general because I know there are folks here who dislike spoilers as much as I do.

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Trying to avoid any info and/or spoilers for something this big is gonna be like skating drunk through a minefield while a helicopter is shooting at you.

Fruit Pastilles likes this.
  24. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm worried what my friends and family are going to do when news starts coming out, I do not hide my obsession with Star Wars.....*gulp*

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

;) :p