main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So like where were you guys? We had an event in Anchorage!

Discussion in 'Archive: Anchorage, AK' started by CMANavy, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMANavy

CMANavy Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    Hey guys,

I had no idea there was a Fan Force unit up here! Those of us on the Dark side had out first trooping event Yesterday. IT was as Senshi-Con at UAA here in Anchorage, we could have really used the help getting the word out about our respective groops.

Here is our website: www.AKOutpost.com

Joe K. TC-1244, 501st.

Those of us that made the event:
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/CMANavy/Senshi-Con/100_3299.jpg]

2. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    We didn't know we had a 501st detachment up here!
    guess we should collaborate, maybe get a decent star wars fan force goin' up here:D

~Rogue~

3. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Wow thats pretty awesome! I didnt know there was a 501st detatchment up here either. Ive been interested in trooping before, I just didnt know that we actually had people in the 501st up here. We definately need to get together for future events!

-Mace-

4. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    I'm a quarter of the way across the planet...but like everyone else, I had no clue that there was a 501st detachment up there, though I'm not surprised. There's even one down here in north Louisiana.

5. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I avoided Senshi-Con like the plague. The girl who helped set it up is in my Japanese class, and she's uber-die-hard anime fanatic. So much that she insists on going by an anime character's name. Also, I'm not into anime or manga whatsoever.

But that shouldn't stop other people from having fun. =P

6. CMANavy

CMANavy Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    Our Outpost is rather new, we were only made offical right before Christmas. THere is even 501st in Saudi Arabia.

We caught some flack at the Con, but dished it right back. The girl that organized it seemed cool but those people are really into Anime. I did not get alot fo what was going on sometimes, but what ever, I was happy to be back in armor.

Don't worry we did push Fan Force as well, one of our mebers has small kids and they were dressed as padawans and we had some FX sabers to play with too.

We definatly need to work together for Aurora Con.

7. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    Yeah we should get something set up for that. Do you have any details on it?

-Mace-

8. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    "Seemed" is the key word =P

9. CMANavy

CMANavy Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    Only info I have is that it is July 14th. We are going to push to have at least two new members, both Clones and out Tusken is going to convert to a Snowtrooper. AT least with the Clone, when you ad jedi it we can go wither way with it.

10. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Too bad that I'm a quarter of the way across the planet... :(

11. Rogue9-Horn

Aug 3, 2004
    wow. sounds cool. I could be up for a convention.

~Rogue~

12. BokiLink

BokiLink Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2006
    Hey guys I am in touch with SEVERAL people/Groups regarding troops, (I am the XO for the Alaskan Outpost of the 501st my name is Rebecca)

I would like to extend a open call for any one with movie quality costumes to join us at the next event. it will be the MS walk on April 22nd. If any one is interested please email me I will give you guys the info. My email is AlaskanOutpost.501st@hotmail.com

I have a little padawan she LOVES wearing her Jedi Garb. but I am a bad guy at heart! I moved up to anchorage in october and am hoping to get LOTS of troops going on..... and I have LOTS of leads into thing sthat we can do to help out our community! and it will ALL be in costume of course! so PLEASE if your interested in joining us for this MS walk in April email me!

I have a few leads for things like make a wish foundation, Lung association (for thier summer asthma camp), and even things like the boy scouts blue and gold banquets. I am getting ready to contact toys for tots, and extend an offer for help this winter with toy drives. and I am also working on getting our foot in the door with the salvation army bell ringing (I would LOVE to go to the fifth ave mall on the glass sky walk-I think it would just look cool with all of us in cotume standing up there!) We are getting aurora con worked outs as we speak. and I am under the understaning that there are severl events in the summer that we can look at combining forces and doing!

I just thought since Joe forgot to mention it I would go ahead and do so... we will be featured in the anchorage press which will be on stands tommorow morning 3-23-06 so grab a few and check it out!

My goal is to see the star wars fandom grow with leaps and bounds over the nest few years here in anchorage. I would like to do at least one event every month. and Even thought I am a bad guy at heart we have to have good guys even if they are for target practice, huh Joe!!!!. (chuckle chuckle)

13. Rogue9-Horn

Aug 3, 2004
    that sounds cool.

any idea where we can get movie-quality costumes?

~Rogue~

14. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    Pretty much gotta make them yourself. The Costuming and Props board is helpful. I guess this gives me more inspiration to finish my Mandalorian costume haha! Ive actually wanted to buy some stormtrooper armor, but its too much for my poor self...

The MS walk sounds pretty good as long as I dont end up having something going on that day.

-Mace-

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    How did the MS walk go? Did you end up with a good...err... "bad ;)" turn out of costumed friends?

16. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I am from Juneau and working to join the Ak Outpost with a costume that I am making (AT AT Driver). I am hoping o join before July so that I can walk in the parade here. Although I hear Anch. will be having their members in a parade as well. For those looking to make costumes, ebay has some stuff that could be useful. Type in Star Wars armor or Star Wars props and you get a few things. Richsarmor.com could also help those trying to make a costume. I am almost done. I need to find gloves fo my costume and boots as well.

Hope to see more join. :)

17. Rogue9-Horn

Aug 3, 2004
    Hello,

where's everybody??

can ya' tell summers here?

hehe

kings are comin' in late this year:_|

~Rogue~

18. DeanoMeisteR

DeanoMeisteR Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    I'd like to participate in some of these events in Anchorage lol, I was totally unaware.

Anyway, next time they occur then posting some sort of alert on the forums would help. I'm ready to defend my title as the biggest star wars nerd in alaska!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.