main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social vs. Thread: Social Thread v9.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
  2. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Which board?

3. Cramer

Cramer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    Plank

4. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    SoCal blackout sucks. Everyone panicked because the guy on the radio said it was out in three states, so of course everyone equates it to a terrorist attack. What sucks the most is my mom runs a cafe, and all the food she had just bought all went bad, including our own. AND LCC STARTED? I THOUGHT IT DIDNT START TILL SATURDAY.
    Time to go find some food...

5. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
  6. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Imagine the cultural shift if we'd had this about 15 years ago.

7. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
  8. Cramer

Jan 18, 2004
    Oh I busted a gut at that. Very clever.

9. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Haha, nice :p

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/memes-heres-the-sitch.jpg

10. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Five shots left in our lightsaber duel that need roto. I NEED PEOPLE. Message me.

11. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    ... Made a new scene in celebration of having a good computer, and the most up to date version of the software:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/monkeyheadstudios/LetsExplore11.jpg]
    Only took just over 2 hours to render. On my old computer, it would've taken about 15 hours to render, and I wouldn't have been able to do anything else during the render. On this computer, I had music running, was downloading and installing drivers, and surfing the web during the render and it didn't slow down. lol

I'm so happy...

12. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    Impressive. :cool:

Probably the best render you've done.

13. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Thank you. I think I need to tweak the monitor on this laptop a bit. It seems to be desaturated a bit. That random green plant on the right side of the picture looks kinda light green, on the tan side. Wasn't until I opened it up in media center on the xbox to look at in hd on the tv that I noticed that it's a very out of place green shrub...

Well, Nate pointed it out on the picture I had uploaded on fb, but I didn't realize just how green it is till the tv. lol

14. Cramer

Jan 18, 2004
    For best results in calibrating monitors, I tend to create a perfectly neutral gray desktop. It doesn't distort light perspective to the eyes like having a bright white or dark black background. Images are fun for casual use, just make sure you don't distort the results (by changing your eye's perspective of white balance).

15. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Well, luckily I'm running windows 7 ultimate (64bit), which has a built in calibration system in it, which let me fix it really quick and easy without having to fiddle with many settings. lol And I personally love windows 7 so far.

Played around with the spherical environment settings a bit. Only 10 miles from one side to the other, with an atmosphere that's the right size for if it were the size of the earth, (which is the default size)... Presented an interesting looking shot.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/monkeyheadstudios/SmallPlanet1.jpg]

16. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Very LBP. Nice.

17. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Haha, definitely LBP, liking it! Some great stuff in both shots :)

18. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Hmm. That's a good idea.
    My X-Box is hooked up to my monitor right now so it'd be redundant, but that's definitely a good idea. I just finished CC'ing a scene and ever since a monitor calibration fiasco Boter and I had a while back while tag-teaming some color correction on our respective systems, I'm paranoid of how my end results looks on other screens.
    Looks great on mine!

19. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Double-post. You'll understand in a moment.
    [image=http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3784/godofnate.png]

20. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Yeah, used to I'd transfer to a pin drive and plug it in to look, now all I have to do is render it out in the right folder on my computer and it updates live on the xbox. Very handy.

21. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    So, what was everyone's thoughts on the season premiere of clone wars? I personally liked it. The mon cal episode of the old animated series was my favorite, so it was cool to see it done in full, and there were some cool looking shots in there. And I'll admit, the gunguns to the rescue shot was pretty awesome. I mean all hope is lost, and all of a sudden, the cruiser shows up, flys through the beautifully done clouds, the bay doors open, camera pans up through to show a few hundred gunguns, who charge, and dive out through the bay doors. I got goose bumps. lol

And that ending pissed me off... I mean, the frak? lol

22. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    OUR DAY WILL LIVE ON IN INFAMY.

Minus the planes and bombings, of course.

EDIT: Short story is that the boards slowed and neither of us were doing a whole lot. When you work alongside Adam, there's just not much left to do. :p

23. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Alright you dorks, jam with me.
    Has anyone else noticed C-3PO/R2-D2 acting as a symbol of Anakin/Luke's character progression throughout the series?

Examples:
    1)The first time we see R2, he is a part of a larger group that is picked off one-by-one as he goes down to try and fix a larger problem.
    2)C-3PO has his body (exhaustively) replaced with that of an enemy, R2 has to put him back together soon after Anakin had been committing some dark acts and is currently trying to save himself and others around him.
    3)Anakin arrives on Mustafar to kill the Separatist leaders, it's the first time he tells R2 to stay with the ship rather than assist on the mission.
    4)Vader kills Obi-Wan, then shoots R2 thus (seemingly) ridding himself of his final ties to his former self. "You can repair him, can't you?" "We'll get to work on him right away."
    5)"I'm standing here in pieces and you're having delusions of grandeur!"
    6)R2 comes to the rescue of the rebels at the Endor base, but is blasted and has a rather familiar electrical freakout.

Possible theme or overthinking it?

24. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
    You're over thinking it.

25. Krintar

Krintar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    By movie nerd standards, you may in fact be underthinking it.