main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Somewhere in the Middle - (OWK/QGJ) - Chapter 36: March 12, 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Sep 21, 2009.

1. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Wow, that poor woman. She died for Obi-wan. I wonder if he will ever learn about her... Maybe, since Jace seems to know.

I love your dialogues btw:

?So now she speaks!? Garen mock glared at her before adding. ?You couldn?t have done that earlier??

?I was curious, so I listened instead.?

Yay Bant!

And Garen deserves every minute of his discomfiture, considering he said THIS:

Looking up at the young man who stood beside him, Garen recognized the other youth from the History Museum some months back. With a tilt of his head, he gestured toward his friend.

The youth looked over toward the padawan trying to disentangle himself from one of the feisty daughters who had managed to surprise him with a hug. The young man shook his head but couldn?t quite hold back a laugh. ?That?s just mean.?

A chuckle met his response. ?No, it?s entertainment.?

Bad Garen (ah, but we loves him anyway :p )

Great updates!

2. Obi-Odd13

Obi-Odd13 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2008
    Wow, this is really good.=D= I can totally empathize with all the characters - it's truly a hard choice to make, between one family or another.

And, you just gotta love Garen - sacrificing Obi-Wan just for his own amusement. :D And of course when he tries to pull Bant into the conversation and she just won't cooperate with him [face_laugh]

Great job so far, would love it if you could add me to the PM list!

3. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005

Sorry for the delay in posting. Finals are over as of this week as is our fall semester; however, I'm working on a project that comes around twice a year. It should be completed this weekend. Next week I should have some time to work on the next chapter; it's halfway done, but it needs editing and as well as some revision.

Just wanted to let everyone know what the hold up was.

Have a great weekend! :)

Bekah

4. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    this is becoming very interesting with its twists!
    please add me to your pm list

5. AZURASKYE

AZURASKYE Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    up,please

6. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: Oh, Jace knows...that last line just gives it away. I'm glad the boys are becoming friends, and I think Obi-Wan's honesty about his life will weigh heavily on Jace.

Jace has a lot to contend with, and it?s about to get worse. ;)

dimyavie: Thanks for the update! I like that Jace knows. Having the bit about Obi not wanting to be out of Qui's sight was sweet too. I look forward to reading more.

Since they met Jace has had an itch, so to speak, in the back of his mind: an itch that won?t go away. And through some investigating of his own, he?s learning that the life he tried to run from on Tarmas, may have just followed him to Coruscant.

CelseteAntola: *gasp* He knows!!! It'll be interesting to see where this goes from here... ~Celeste

The elder Abrams brother has a lot to consider. :)

TheMacUnleashed: Great updates! You're doing well hinting at things to come, and I love your usage of flashbacks to move the story along. Thanks for the PM's!

Thanks! I?m rather fond of flashbacks, they allow for further development of the story and the characters. :)

Gkilkenny: Now Jace has a problem. What to say or do. Should he leave well enough alone. Interesting.

He has a dilemma, all right. As to leaving well enough alone?well?that decision may be taken out of his hands. [face_mischief]

GeneralKenobi7: Oh, now Jace has to decide. Take Obi-Wan's word for his happiness and leave well enough alone or tell someone... Great post! Loved the quip about the senators' daughters.

Leaving well enough alone may not be a viable option anymore. [face_thinking]

littleobiwankenobi: I think I missed one chapter. So Love the story, please more........

Thanks! More coming right up! :)

ratna: Wow, that poor woman. She died for Obi-wan. I wonder if he will ever learn about her... Maybe, since Jace seems to know.

He may learn of her. Yoda is still investigating Qui-Gon?s concerns, all done behind the scenes of course. ;)

As for Garen, he need some entertainment. Only it came at the cost of his best friend. :p

Obi-Odd13: Wow, this is really good. I can totally empathize with all the characters - it's truly a hard choice to make, between one family or another. And, you just gotta love Garen - sacrificing Obi-Wan just for his own amusement. And of course when he tries to pull Bant into the conversation and she just won't cooperate with him. Great job so far, would love it if you could add me to the PM list!

Thank you; I?m glad you?re enjoying the story! :) The characters have a hard choice to make all the way around. As for Garen, well, gotta love him!

I?d be happy to add you to the PM list!

ClaudiaR: This is becoming very interesting with its twists!
    Please add me to your pm list.

Thank you! And I?d be happy to add you to the list. :)

AZURASKYE: Up, please

Next Chapter below! ;)

Author?s Note: Sorry for the delay! I meant to have the next post up in December, but life didn?t work out that way. This chapter gave me fits, and I?m not entirely too happy with it but I wanted to give you all an update?so?take from it what you will. I did a grammar/spelling check as well as read over it with my own eyes to catch what the computer didn?t. If I missed anything, and I think I did, please be kind and ignore. [face_batting] Thank you!

I hope you enjoy!

Recap: Chapter 6: We learned that one of Ben?s kidnappers died at the hands of her partner. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have to attend the Senate?s welcome back gathering. Chapter 7: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, as well as other Jedi, were made to attend the Sen

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    YOU LEAVE IT LIKE THAT! I was holding my breath for the revelation - and there's no reveal.

I'm so very happy to see an update on this - [face_dancing] and I'm not too proud to beg for more frequent updates. [face_praying]

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh my, the pressure is building and the truth is just a photo away perhaps.

Wonderful update.=D=

9. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    That's quite thought through from Jace, not to let them all rush into this blindly...

Great udpate!:D

10. katie9918

katie9918 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 28, 2002
    Wow.

This is a great story. I can't wait to see what the implications are not only for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, but for whoever was the one who accepted young Obi-Wan into the Temple in the first place.

I foresee messiness, which is always a plus when dealing with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

11. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: YOU LEAVE IT LIKE THAT! I was holding my breath for the revelation - and there's no reveal.

Sorry ?bout that! [face_blush] I understand cliffhangers aren?t fun for the readers, but the next chapter wasn?t written yet and I did want to get a post up after an almost five month wait. So, the cliffhanger it was. :)

I'm so very happy to see an update on this - and I'm not too proud to beg for more frequent updates.

Thanks! I went through a period of not only being really weighed down with work, a college class and family, but also the words just wouldn?t come. Only within the last week have they been flowing. Keep your fingers crossed! [face_praying]

Gkilkenny Oh my, the pressure is building and the truth is just a photo away perhaps.

A photo and Jace?s suspicions confessed. ;)

Wonderful update.

Thanks so much!

GeneralKenobi7 That's quite thought through from Jace, not to let them all rush into this blindly...

He doesn?t want anyone to be blindsided.

Great update!

Thank you! :)

katie9918 Wow. This is a great story. I can't wait to see what the implications are not only for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, but for whoever was the one who accepted young Obi-Wan into the Temple in the first place.

Hopefully the Order will not be held accountable.

I foresee messiness, which is always a plus when dealing with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Poor Obi-Wan?he sees more than his fair share of angst. ;)

Author Note: Thanks so much to all of you for reading and for your replies! [:D] I really appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts on the story. I just wanted to take the time to thank you! I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

Recap: Chapter 7: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, as well as other Jedi, were made to attend the Senate?s annual Welcome Back Gathering. Garen had a chat with Alys Mulan who in turn caught sight of a familiar looking Jedi teen who reminded her of her brother-in-law. Garen also thought it amusing to watch his best friend try to get away from a flock of Senator?s daughters. After rescuing Obi-Wan from his female admirers, Jace learned that Obi-Wan had done some research on Tarmas for a class of his. Taking him out to get some fresh air, the elder youth proceeded to tell what he knew of the disappearance of Ben Abrams, and after, Jace casually pressed Obi-Wan with questions on what it was like to be a Jedi. Chapter 8: Jace discovered that photos of the Senatorial Gathering would be made public. He's sure two photos in particular will raise questions. In order to keep his father and Obi-Wan from being blindsided, he's decided to voice his suscpicions.

Chapter 9

Rayfe stared at the photos his son had handed him moments before. In one hand, he held the age progressive photo of Ben they had updated a year ago, and in the other hand he held a photo of his eldest son speaking with a Jedi Padawan. A padawan who greatly resembled the age progressive photo of his missing son. Not to mention the resemblance between Jace and the Jedi. Reaching down, he picked up another photo, another version of the age progressive photo that Jace had altered shortly after meeting Obi-Wan. Though the only alteration made was to the boy?s hairstyle. When placed side by side with the photo of Jace and the Jedi, the likeness was uncanny. The elder man looked at his son, his brow furrowed in thought.

?You believe this boy is Ben??

Jace shrugged while slightly shaking his head in indecision. ?Possibly...I don?t know. What I?ve learned through my interactions with him and from what you?ve told me, his and Ben?s lives seem to match pretty well since the age of two.?

?Meaning??

?Obi-Wan was given to the Jedi at the age of two and a half years. Ben went missing just shy of that age. Obi-Wan doesn?t know who his real family is or his home p

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh,the moral complications of facing the truth. This is such a deep, ethically compelling story that I'm really in awe of how you have drawn all these characters and their dilemna.

I can't wait - I think - to see Obi-Wan speak with either Yoda or his brother.

I'm so glad the muse is back on track - it's SO frustrating when that happens.

13. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Garen too??

I really like this Jace. He's a good guy and a good brother. I wonder what will happen now ... ?

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Just brilliant bek, you are setting the confrontation up perfectly. Jace may be his way back if his father takes him. Poor Qui-Gon, but at least they have had pre-warning that it is going to happen.

You talk about loving stories,[:D] well I think this is exciting and I'm looking forward to another post.

Thanks for entertaining us with a great story bek.=D= [face_dancing]

15. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    =D= The plot has thickened immensely with these past two chapters, and it was definitely worth the wait for the two of them! The vividness of Obi-Wan's emotions as he struggles with the idea that he isn't who he thinks he is comes across very strongly, as does Jace's hesitation between what is right for his family and what is right for Obi-Wan. You ended on a great cliff-hanger -I'm really looking forwards to seeing what happens next. :D

16. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Ahh, Yoda as snealy as ever, snagging Jace to talk before he tells Obi-Wan;)

I can understand his father's reaction, but really, I think Obi-Wan wouldn't be happy with his family - he is a Jedi through and through.

17. ClaudiaR

Jun 8, 2007
    dammm... I have a feeling that Obi-wan is not going to take
    what is happening easily...

would he be able to sue for emmancipation? so close to the majority
    and he has very good prospects doesnt he?

18. AZURASKYE

AZURASKYE Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    Just read the last 2 postes,ssssooooo good, more as soon as you can manage,PLEASE.

19. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    great you are back, and with two new chapters. I just read them can´t wait for more. Please update soon.

20. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Thanks for the update! Poor Obi, having to deal with his dreams...memories. At least Qui is there for him! Having Jace go to the Temple and talk to Yoda was a nice twist. I look forward to reading more! :)

21. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot Oh, the moral complications of facing the truth. This is such a deep, ethically compelling story that I'm really in awe of how you have drawn all these characters and their dilemma.

Thank you! It hasn?t been easy trying to think of all the complications surrounding their predicament. [face_plain]

I can't wait - I think - to see Obi-Wan speak with either Yoda or his brother.

This post deals with this; however, it was rather hard to write. Trying to get reactions and words that would satisfy the confrontation?well, it didn?t turn out quite like I would have hoped but hopefully it satisfies and is believable all the same. I?m beginning to think that Jace may be coming off as a goody two shoes but in my minds eye, his character can see the situation from both sides despite the longing he himself has to know his little brother again. Like Obi-Wan, he puts others before himself. So, he?s basically a neutral character, so to speak. Sorry, I?m rambling?thanks for listening though. ;)

I'm so glad the muse is back on track - it's SO frustrating when that happens.

I agree, it?s very frustrating. [face_frustrated]

ratna Garen too??

Yes?it was stated earlier in the story that Garen was Nyla Abrams sister?s son. ;)

I really like this Jace. He's a good guy and a good brother. I wonder what will happen now ... ?

Thanks, I was beginning to worry that Jace?s character was too good. :)

Gkilkenny Just brilliant bek, you are setting the confrontation up perfectly. Jace may be his way back if his father takes him.

Jace will be his advocate?

Poor Qui-Gon, but at least they have had pre-warning that it is going to happen.

They?re not happy! :mad:

You talk about loving stories, well I think this is exciting and I'm looking forward to another post. Thanks for entertaining us with a great story bek.

Thanks so much!! [face_blush] [:D]

TheMacUnleashed The plot has thickened immensely with these past two chapters, and it was definitely worth the wait for the two of them! The vividness of Obi-Wan's emotions as he struggles with the idea that he isn't who he thinks he is comes across very strongly, as does Jace's hesitation between what is right for his family and what is right for Obi-Wan. You ended on a great cliff-hanger -I'm really looking forwards to seeing what happens next.

Thanks so much! I?m not sure what to say?I?m glad the struggle over what could possibly be is working with the characters and the story. ;)

GeneralKenobi7 Ahh, Yoda as sneaky as ever, snagging Jace to talk before he tells Obi-Wan.

Yoda?s protecting his own in his own way. He wants the facts before allowing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to be pulled into this.

I can understand his father's reaction, but really, I think Obi-Wan wouldn't be happy with his family - he is a Jedi through and through.

I agree, he is a Jedi through and through. We?ll have to see how he handles the Abrams. [face_worried]

ClaudiaR I have a feeling that Obi-wan is not going to take what is happening easily....

No, that he will not. :(

Would he be able to sue for emancipation? So close to the majority and he has very good prospects doesn?t he?

That?s a good question and something the author hadn?t thought about. Hmmmm?.[face_thinking]

AZURASKYE Just read the last 2 postes, ssssooooo good, more as soon as you can manage, PLEASE.

Thanks so much and I apologize for the delay. I hope you enjoy the next chapter! :)

littleobiwankenobi great you are back, and with two new chapters. I just read them can?t wait for more. Please update soon.

Thank you! I apologize for the delay in posting. The next chap

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, you did more than justice with this post. It was wonderful.

23. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    WOW. :eek:

A very intense update! Thanks for the PM!

~Celeste

24. ClaudiaR

Jun 8, 2007
    Heh, Obi is maybe the son of a politician...

we all know how much he likes those!

But emancipation would be something for him to consider
    he can likely provide character references from people
    in very high places, not to mention a the fact he is
    already trained in many ocupations, even if one took
    out the Jedi part!

pilot, mechanic, security, baby sitting, padawans do it all

25. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    =D= I really liked this chapter. The conversation between Jace and Obi-Wan felt very realistic. I'm looking forwards to seeing what happens next.

Thanks for the PM!