main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton sotr

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Ok here's the latest list of easter eggs.

The Edmontooine fanforce logo will be a patch on the air traffic techs jumpsuits.

A single Aztec gold coin from Pirates of the Carribean will be in the jumble of sabacc chips on the table.

The Fruity Oaty bar commercial from Joss Whedons Serenity will be one of the many holonet images dancing around the top corners of the Cantina.

Han will have 1138 and "I have a bad feeling about this." in his dialogue.

Zach Jensen, who played Kit Fisto in Episode 2, will be one of the card players at the sabacc table and one of the nautolans commenting on the hand. How can he be in two places at once you ask? Movie magic.

Dash Rendar will be seen scrapping Jar Jar roadkill from the hull of his Outrider in the Tomanic hangar bay in the background.

The light sabers of Mace Windu and Count Dooku will be in the collection of light sabers Vader has in his life chamber compartments.

There will be an Imperial wanted poster with Yoda on it, hanging on the Cantina wall in the background.

The wilhelm scream will be heard as Red Hand squadron makes a rather explosive entrance to the Danuta Imperial Outpost.

2. The-Yada

The-Yada Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
  3. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    You know Christian Boeving just might be one of the most productive things to ever happen to this project.

I just got off the phone and here's the gist.

When he was up for the part of Colossus for an X-men sequel he had himself painted up and put in costume as Colossus and did a little video audition. He sent it to John Knowles who immediately posted it to his site and in 24 hours there was over a million and a half hits to the site.

Visuals are what it's all about. I'm going to be working on the Dash costume so we can get him in it and get some promo pics right away. Same thing with Jim for Han. His costumes should be done soon and we need to get him photographed immediately. They'll be doing this from their own location though Jason so don't freak out that your schedule just disappeared lol.

Furthermore, Chris writes for some of the biggest magazines out there. Muscle and Fitness for example. We're going to do an article for them once we have our Dash pics done. He's also located in Hollyweird so he knows a lot of people who have really really high end equipment. I'm going to give him my equipment list and see how much of this we can do under the table. Apparently in California the vast majority of this stuff means big time tax write offs for a lot of companies and although I'll be writing the proposals, Chris is going to do the legwork.

We could be getting some cash flow funding for much of our tangible expenses through this format. I'm so pumped I don't even know where to start. When he brought up the very real possibility of a spot on access hollywood I just about freaked.

4. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    Mark, your like a networking ninja! If this movie stuff doesn't pan out, you should open a networking dojo!

That would be such a blessing to the film to get national exposure like your talking about!

5. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Never underestimate the power of the force.

For a lot of people, especially in the entertainment industry, Star Wars is king and they would give anything to be a part of it. Half of it is the Star Wars factor but I truly believe the other half is the quality of the story and the quality of the people involved.

I still can't believe the emails I'm getting from my cast who are so very pumped about this and totally into contributing.

It's a moving experience to be part of all this and none of it would have been possible without the continuing due dilligence from everyone on board. The further we go the bigger it gets. I would have never guessed in a million years we'd be in some of North Americas top magazines, have a chat forum on our website, and have offers rolling in from tv networks to air it as an independent film.

I want to see everyone working on this have great success from it and be totally satisfied with it. All I can do is promise to do everything in my power to make that happen.

6. Ruins

Ruins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    *tear rolls down cheak*
    "Clap.... Clap... Clap..." *starting a slow clap so others may join*

DAMN MAN! That was downright insperational. RALLY THE TROOPS! I'm getting this freaking Forum done TONIGHT!

7. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    countinuing the claping...

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap..........cheers starting to build from the back......yessssssss!

Very inspirational!

Speaking of inspiration, Mark you must watch the movie "My date with Drew". It's a documentary style movie about a guys quest to get a date with Drew Barrymore within 30 days and with a budget of $1100 dollars. 99% of this movie is this guy networking to make the conections to make it happen. It's a very well done, very independent film that makes you believe anything can truly happen! (with networking and marketing!) It's pretty funny too.

8. Ruins

Ruins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    And... Whew! I got it done before midnight! WOW i can't beleve i got it to work.

Joss

9. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    What's up with the Xentertainment web site?

10. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    The server was down temporarily for an upgrade. They needed to beef it up so that it could handle our new chat forum without slowing down.

It's back up now.

11. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I was trying to order merch awhile ago through a private vendor but it all went south. I began to realize I wasn't going to get a special deal unless I bought thousands at a time.

Therefore I created a venue in which we can all pick up film merch as we please without minimum required orders. I will still sponsor at least one item for each member of the cast and crew but that will not likely happen until after the movie is completed and released. In the meantime . . .

I'd like to introduce the Xpress Entertainment store.

Here you can pick up whatever items you like all at zero markup. The beauty of this is that we aren't generating any profit or using the Star Wars logo so we can't get sued. I did post a disclaimer about proceeds though, just in case. The last thing I need is getting caught in a net because cafepress sent me a check for $1.50 once lol.

12. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    DUDE HOODIES!!!!

13. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Check this out.

Look like anyone you know? Maybe one of our cast members? lol

We're going to have this and all the others coming in the future of the main cast members silk screened onto 6 foot high banners for filming and to hang in the theatre when we release it.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/Lando1.jpg]

good job Bryan Arendt

14. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    That is way to cool!!!

15. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    S*i% DAWG!!!

16. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    The next Secrets of the Rebellion production meeting will be held at 4:00 pm, Saturday March 4th, 2006.

I'll be addressing the following points.

- Final casting right down to the extras.
    - The exact stage by stage breakdown of set building.
    - The level of costume construction and buyout option.
    - The visual materials and promotional items.
    - Effects and how it's being organized as well as worked on.
    - Equipment sources and possibilities.

As always, the more minds that are present the better so I encourage anyone and everyone to attend. I'll be providing snacks and drinks. Same place as always.

17. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I should be there :)

18. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I'm going to get Lando done this week and then Dash the week after but Lance and I will need to confer on how to go about creating his upper body armor. It has to be relatively easy to move in but still have a metallic look and feel yet stay form fitting.

I should have them both finished by the meeting, as well as my Antilles belt.

19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    did you check star wars.com for pics of him Mark, they might have a few of the prop they used on their actor

20. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    If you're still referring to Dash, yes I have seen that picture and it looks awful.

Not just because the "Dash" they chose looks like a cracked out midget with no neck, but because the armor is terrible. Sure it looks ok for a tight small photograph but when you click on that photo to expand it, the armor looks like it was ripped out of a plaster cast in a hurry. There are imperfections and little bubbles everywhere.

Fibreglass or plaster would be a nightmare. In the case of StarWars.com it works temporarily for a quick pose but to give the shine we're after and look smooth all the way around his body, it just won't work.

I'd like to take a little creative license with this character to make him look cooler.

For example, instead of shoulder pads that look like they are the former arms of a leather couch from the 70's, I'll be tapering those down to make them more squared out, thinner, more like actual armor that might do something besides make you look like you just came off the NFL defensive line.

Secondly the purple works in video games and comics but it's a little much for film. I'll be going with a darker shade for the movie costume. And his shoulder guards seem to have some specific detailing in them. A few LED's will make that detailing look like it's there for a reason, like a hands free communicator with his pilot or something. Nothing that blinks or is over stated though.

We'll do him justice for sure but it occurs to me that no movie adaption of any video game or comic book has had the costume look exactly the same. It's always stylized for the feel of the film. I don't think we should treat this any differently.

"Would you prefer yellow spandex?" ;)

21. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    On the action figure it was blue not purple if that helps

22. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Yeah I'm thinking of a dark royal blue. That tends to look good with the shine of polished metal anyway.

23. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    yeah cool :)

24. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    The latest banner is practically done with a few finishing touches to make but Bryan couldn't wait for that to send me something for the weekend so feast your eyes on this puppy.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/HanSolo2.jpg]

25. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    Those banners are way to cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.