main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Spoiler Policy

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Just to nip this is in the bud I want to address spoliers before anyone starts posting them on the board.

I would like this to be a spoiler free board; however, i realize there is no way I or anyone else could enforce this and that is not TFN"s policy. So to be kosher please obey the TFN spoiler policy. It is summarized below.

NOT considered spoilers:
    Anything that is published in Insider, Starwars.com, and any other OFFICIAL publication of Lucasfilm or subsideries.
    Press Releases made by ANY of the LucasFilm co.

IS considered spoilers:
    Scripts
    Speculation
    rumors
    fan sites
    etc.

I stayed spoiler free for AOTC and I will have to say that I think it was better this way. I went so far as that I stopped visiting the website, reading Insider or watching any of the trailers. IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT to do this but it was worth it. I think with TPM i got overloaded so the movie wasn't as good the first time I saw it as it could have been (not withstanding that the movie wasn't the greatest to begin with)

Away I just want everyone to have an enjoyable experience on the board and one way to do this is to make it clear that if you have a spoiler PLEASE indicate so.

MTFBWY

2. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    I have to agree. Thanks for bringing this up. : )

3. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    I was spoiled silly for AOTC, and part of the fun of the movie was lost on me. I will probably do the same for E3, as much as it kills me... i just can't resist it. lol. but yeah I totally respect (and admire!) your choices, and I'll keep it clean spoiler-wise.

4. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes. This board needs to be spoiler free. I thinks that's a good idea. :)

5. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I noticed that a few people haven't acknowledged this post. If you haven't please do so that we are all on the same page with spoiler stuff.

Thanks.

6. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    ANAKIN BECOMES DARTH VADER!!!!

SOrry about that :p

7. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    ARE YOU SERIOUS??????????? you just ruined the movie for me, gosh. :p

i'm kidding, of course...

8. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Bump...

Just wanted to make sure everyone still realized what the policy was and I wanted to make sure the thread did not get auto-locked (it would have happend on the 16th bbecause threads automatically get locked if they have been dorment for 6 months).

MTFBWY

9. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
  10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Spoilers are of the devil.

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    lol

you know what else is of the devil? how you have to buy hyperspace in order to subscribe to the insider now :mad:

lol sorry that was a little off-topic...

12. NXSIN123

NXSIN123 Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2004
    Spoilers edited out by request of CR

13. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Bump...

Thought i would refresh everyone's mememory.

14. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    Just to make everyone aware this policy is also in affect on our new Forums on http://www.heartofthealliance.com

15. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    *sigh* I'm such a spoiler wh0re, I'm not even going to be able to talk to you all for the next couple months am I?

16. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Actually the policy is a little bit more strict on the new forums. Be sure to read it before posting.

17. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    The link to the spoiler policy below is broken, and the posting guideline in the new forums says Moderators Only... might they be somewhere else?

18. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    =P Gandalf, you should just leave the boards today and not come back. (He's HORRIBLE for spoilers! He'll probably know the whole movie before we go) I think it's really sad that he's that way. His viewing of the movie will be completely different that mine, since I won't be spoiled. I think it's stupid. Why would you want to know the ending to the movie before you go see it? Personally, I don't think they should allow 'spoiled' people in to see the movie at all. They should be forced to wait until it's out on Video!!

It's a moral issue and I'm glad that I know my morals are higher than his.

19. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    The spoiler policy on the new forums have been adjusted there are forums for both "spoiled" people like me and "unspoiled" people like LukeSkiewalker

that is why the increased restriction on spoilers because there is a place to discuss those SEPERATE from the rest of the board

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.