main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    "aotc will bend lotr over elronds prayer plinth and give it the rogering it deserves for being so overrated and soulless. "

It's like you can read my mind.

In fact, I'm getting a JW Superman vibe right now. Except I'm not like a little girl, quivering*

*From the worst JW song EVER. EVER

2. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    I'm sorry.

I'm seriously ashamed of all this.

I really can't believe some of you guys.

[face_plain]

3. Arsenal1234

Arsenal1234 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    "to me aotc will bend lotr over elronds prayer plinth and give it the rogering it deserves for being so overrated and soulless."

Pfft x 10. I don't see AOTC making any movie seem soulless, other than TPM.

4. ChewWokka

ChewWokka Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2001
    For those saying that all this is just stunt to get teen girls to pay to see the movie i have two words for you...

Hayden Christiensen.

Don't get me wrong i think he's great for the role, and he seems like a pretty down to earth guy (we'll see how long that lasts) but he is by all standards a pretty boy and i already know of girls who are talking about him.

Lucas really dosen't need anymore beautiful people to be in his movies (2 sec. cameo or more) to increase ticket sales. He's got hayden and ewan and natalie portman.

5. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    having read the various spy reports, seen the trailers it is obvious that episode ii is going to be amazing!! there is so much to look forward to, right the way through the film. i liked tpm. but this film is a WHOLE NEW BALL GAME!! a cameo, included or not, cannot detract. every scene will be important. we're down to the nitty gritty now. my god, i can't wait for may. my exams are in may. *$£* 'em!!! they can go to hell. forget nsync even existed.

6. WampaFood

WampaFood Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2001
    As a professional naysayer ;) i feel it is my duty to respond, so here i go

"I can't laugh at Jar Jar that would be uncool"

yes that was a stupid comment, so i will fix it "i cant laugh at Jar Jar becasue he is not funny"

"Anakin was too kiddish (cuz he's a freakin' kid) that is uncool"

[face_laugh] kids tend to act kiddish, dont they...

7. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    I agree again, top. But my exams will be finished before AOTC, so I'm licky. BTW, which team do you support?

8. topgoalscorer_no11

Jul 23, 2001
    i'm a nottm forest fan. we're twenty million in the red, we just sold our two best players... but aotc and the world cup will make me forget my woes... please let them make me forget.

9. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    They pay you to say bad things about the film Wompa?

10. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    Wampas cool, and he doesn' go over board like some.

But as a professional naysayer, I'd guess he does get paid. And very well, too ;)

11. WampaFood

Aug 28, 2001
    yes They pay me in pesos. i just bought a candy bar last week [face_plain]

Wampas cool, and he doesn' go over board like some.

thx ignant.

12. High_55

High_55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    As far as I'm concerned, I really don't have a problem with the "pop band" - N'SYNC.

But I do have a problem with a "pop band" trying to become an extra actor on one of the biggest movies of 2002. It was a strict publicity stunt in order to get gossips about SW:E2 and the pop bands already famous noteriety back on up on the main stage. N'SYNC should have gone through a better means of becoming an extra on SW other than -just becuase they decided to visit the set of SW one day and say

'hey, we're your biggest SW fans - where's my/our costume'

I think I would have taken the news a little better if I knew that there would be no recognizable way to tell if they were a famous boy band from a regular extra on the set.

13. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    In or out, it doesn't bother me. It's inconsiquential...

14. dash101

dash101 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Wow,

amazing! I am almost ashamed to call myself a Star Wars fan. I say that sitting here infront of my 'puter in my room with $200 dollar laminated original release SW posters on my wall...

This entire crap about the N'Synch thing IS A BIG DEAL! It's a big deal because it proves what so many said about TPM.

It proves that Lucas isn't making movies to tell stories, he's just doing it because he wants to and because he can. (I'm sure the retail lunch boxes etc won't hurt either!)

Point is, I don't recall ABBA ever doing a cameo appearence in any Star Trek film. (Which Im not a big fan of anyways.)

But still.. LETS GET SERIOUS! Make a movie because you want to make a movie. Not because you want to show off how cool your FX companies are or to sell action figures.

:_|

And this entire N'Synch crap is just more whipped cream topping to the pile of garbage Lucas has subjected to us.

I for one will not pay to see this film.

-dash101

15. Crimson-Larko

Mar 14, 2001
    [face_plain]. This will be Officially the 20th time I've reminded someone of this:

McCallum did the NSYNC thing. No, Lucas is had nothing to do with this Dash! Lucas is making movies to tell stories.

16. dash101

Oct 25, 2001
    Crimson,

Excuse me however YOUR WRONG!!!

(Idiot troll! Try reading a newspaper).

You are right that Rick did play a major roll. He spoke to the agents and brought the kids on set etc etc...

However, Lucas was FULLY aware of the idea and even brought his kids to meet them.

Don't blame Rick for something just because it's too difficult for you to believe that Mr. Lucas can make mistakes...

And to SDJ, I didn't say I wouldn't see the film. Besides, I consider myself a die hard SW fan. But too much is just too much.

:mad:
    -dash101

17. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Dash so you just like to go to the AotC spoiler forum so you can read about the film you are not going to see?

18. topgoalscorer_no11

Jul 23, 2001
    bye bye dash. nobody cares but you.

19. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    Is this a fake dash or sarcastic real dash? :confused:

20. WampaFood

Aug 28, 2001
    look!!!! wabbitman [face_plain]

[image=http://www.millan.net/anims/giffar/wabbitmanx.gif]

21. dash101

Oct 25, 2001
    Big difference between supporting Lucas by seeing the film 15 times in the theater and not paying to see the film at all..

And don't think I dont want this film to be good.. DAMN IT, I want this film to RULE!!

But it's getting tough..
    :_|

Fake Dash!?!?? Wwwhhaaa??
    :confused:
    -dash101

22. Crimson-Larko

Mar 14, 2001
    (Idiot troll! Try reading a newspaper).

I read Newsweek :D.

However, Lucas was FULLY aware of the idea and even brought his kids to meet them.

Link? By what your saying he found out After McCallum sealed the deal, Which still makes the commont from Hales stand: Lucas had nothing to do with this.

Don't blame Rick for something just because it's too difficult for you to believe that Mr. Lucas can make mistakes...

What mistake? I haven't seen any mistake. All I've seen is 3 guys trying to get a small part in Star Wars, only to have it crushed by jelous fanbous.

23. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Don't ever call anyone an "idiot troll" dash. See you in 24.

24. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    "Lucas really dosen't need anymore beautiful people to be in his movies (2 sec. cameo or more) to increase ticket sales. He's got hayden and ewan and natalie portman. "

Well he could use me. har har. har. haha.

25. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    What is getting tough? What are you talking about? It's not like you are watching the film right now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.