main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Talonius

Lord_Talonius Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2001
    The bard once said it, and it rings true here:

ever the sensible
    Benedick bear it, pluck off the bull's horns and set
    them in my forehead: and let me be vilely painted,
    and in such great letters as they write 'Here is
    good horse to hire!

Much ado about nothing

2. Darth_Vendetta

Darth_Vendetta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    I've successfully requested 2 NSYNC threads be locked. Let's see if I can make it a hat trick.

Please, any mods who are listening, lock this and any thread that even MENTIONS the word 'NSYNC'. Anybody starts a new thread, or posts a message that even MENTIONS the word 'NSYNC', ban 'em on the spot.

At the very least give them a dedicated board devoted to NSYNC Fanboy Hysteria, and let them never darken our doorstep again.

It's time to put this madness behind us.

Please?

3. -Madcap-

-Madcap- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I say let them show what whining, crying, little babies they are.

But i see your point.

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    [Sapient=dreaming]Alright, I'll go ahead and lock this.[/dreaming]

[Reality=wakes up]You may have a lot of posts, but you are not a mod[/reality] 8-}

5. -Madcap-

Jun 9, 2001
    Personally, i say Put them back in. If for no other reason than to tick these no life i-have-nothing-better-to-do-than-whine-about-n'synch non Star Wars fans off.

You're don't have to be happy about it, but when things don't go your way you can either whine about it and cry like my six year old (who's actually more mature than many i have seen post over this issue), or they can suck it up and forget it. Move on, there are more important things out there anyway.

No-one is going to put a gun to your head and march you into that theater.

6. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Yes the fans have proven that they are the whinest fans ever.

7. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Personally I did not want N'Sync in AotC. I see N'Sync enough in my sister's room with all the posters on the wall. If they had been in the movie and never said anything then I wouldn't care, but the fact that they announced publicly the "non-issue" cameo says that this is more than some "great noble dream of N'Sync to be in Star Wars movies and we cut them down in our jealousy." I will not whine and moan but I PREFER that they cut their cameo once and for all. You don't see in big bold letters on TFN main page "Joe Smith and Sandy Johnson all set for new AotC cameo."

8. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Well, I definitely don't feel one bit of sorrow for the N'sync dudes. They seem to be pouting that they *might* be cut.

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "At the very least give them a dedicated board devoted to NSYNC Fanboy Hysteria, and let them never darken our doorstep again. "

Yeah, that will really help.

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey, I've got a great idea. Why not start a LOTR vs. NSYNC thread in Community? Or better yet, start it in here. Folks love to discuss both of these ad nauseum. Trust me, it will be a hit.

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Maybe I should start an N'Sync Defense Force... :p

12. Arsenal1234

Arsenal1234 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    Mu-hahahahah!!!! Look what I have created!!! I... have made flaming!!!

13. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    So, any guesses what is gonna happen on SNL (If the skit stays)??? Who is gonna play what? Could the (SNL) person possibly be mistaken, and that "Seven Degrees Celcius" is gonna do the star wars skit?

14. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Quote:
    "Please, any mods who are listening, lock this and any thread that even MENTIONS the word 'NSYNC'."

I can't do that. Not when there's an obvious demand for some place to whine about this. I can't dictate what people talk about as long as it's on topic. The thread is clearly titled, just stay away from it. I'm onnly in it to moderate.

15. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Woohoo, 'NSync ROCKS!!! I'm glad they haven't been cut yet!!! :D

*I_J resumes thinking about whether or not the real vault at the Bellagio hotel is close to resembling the one in Ocean's Eleven* [face_plain]

16. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Oh, the humanity!!

:eek:

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
  18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I thought you might absolutely love this, Fluke_Groundrunner.

[image=http://www.tvdance.com/nsync/justin7a.gif] [image=http://www.tvdance.com/nsync/joey3a.gif] [image=http://www.tvdance.com/nsync/jc6a.gif][image=http://www.tvdance.com/nsync/lance4a.gif]

19. TALIESINWEST

TALIESINWEST Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2000
    Man if y'all can even recognize the boys from N'Sync as extras in the movie, then y'all are fans. That or you're too stupid to turn off the MTV when they in your face.

See, everybody wins:

The people (like me) who can't tell the difference between a Backstreet Boy and an N'Syncer won't care if they show up 'cause we won't know the diff.

The closet N'Sync fans will either grin inwardly at seeing their faved boybandies, or stupidly complain to their buddy that they just saw N'Sync in a backwards attempt at covering up their closet admiration of them.

And finally, those that are too stupid to turn off the MTV when N'Sync is playing to you, deserve whatever hell you've supported with your lack of personal accountability.

So to all of those who complain about something that is nothing, all I have to say to you is (in the words of another imnortal band) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are larger issues in the world to be this concerned about. I'm glad to see some of the smarter, old school posters are aware of how little this matters. But I'm disappointed to see so many stupid, moronic, emotionally stunted geeks actually try to complain about this. N'Sync in SW doesn't make me mad, being associated with so-called SW fans (simply because I'm a SW fan) who are freaking out about this DOES make me mad.

Peace.

(edit- I spelled Immortal wrong)

20. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Don't bother asking why your second thread was locked, Fluke_Groundrunner...anyone but yourself realizes you're in the fanatical/Taliban side of Star Wars fandom ;)

21. green_cross_code

green_cross_code Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 11, 2000
    Fluke_Groundrunner, quit with the advertising of that thing or you'll be banned.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    This little cameo is so trivial in the whole grand scheme of the world. Murders are rampant, illness, and disease. We have soldiers risking their lives for us so we can gripe about this retarted subject? Don't insult them like that. Even if the band did make it in there, WHO CARES? Disguise them and shut up. I for one find this whole bickering a joke and it speaks poorly of us fans. So in defiance I will give you animated NSync .gif's.

23. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I think TALIESINWEST has the only post in this thread that needs to be read.

I'm rhymin'.

24. -Madcap-

Jun 9, 2001
    Billy-Bob~

"I will not whine and moan but I PREFER that they cut their cameo once and for all."

Acceptable.

If everyone else was like that TFN'd be a slightly better place.

Kudos.

25. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    First of all, please don't compare me to the Taliban, whoever it was. If you want to talk about banning someone, then warn people who campare posters to that terrorist group.

All I am doing is posting a link to the petition in a place where Star Wars fans can see it. I have nothing to gain other then letting Lucas Film see how many people don't want NStink in Star Wars.

The petition took all of two minutes to create, so if you have 8 billion posts on this board, you have no right to tell me to get a life or that I have too much free time on my hands.

I am sorry if you want to keep N'Sync talk limited to one thread, and that's why I will only talk about it in this one for now on. So please, if you don't want a bunch of fake Star Wars fans such as N'Sync in the movie, then sign the petition. If you are crazy enough to like NStink, fine, then don't sign it. But don't berate me just becasue NStink now has an association with Star Wars meaning that you will defend them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.