main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Standoff on Hoth - A SWC Rebellion RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Jedi Gunny, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    [image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/200px-Battle_of_Hoth.jpg] [image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/hothBattle2.jpg]
    [image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/thumbnailCAWI60N8.jpg]

The Battle of Hoth was a disaster for the Rebel Alliance. Thanks to a large-scale ground assault led by General Veers and his Blizzard Force of advanced AT-AT walkers, the Imperial forces were able to dish out serious damage to the Rebellion's hopes. Blasters and T-47 airspeeders proved to be ineffective against the armor of the giant walkers, with the only victories being the evacuation of the remaining Rebels and the destruction of a walker due to the harpoon and tow cable employed by Rogue 2. However, these victories were minor compared to the losses they suffered, which severely crippled the Rebellion for quite a while as they struggled to regroup.

However, what if things played out a little differently . . .

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMNNpIksaI]Main Title[/link]

[b]STAR WARS[/b]

[b]STANDOFF ON HOTH[/b]

The REBEL ALLIANCE is in shambles. After a harrowing defeat at the hands of the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE at Yavin, the small band of freedom fighters has found themselves on the barren ice planet of Hoth, where they have constructed a secret base while they mull over a way to gain a much-needed victory in the GALACTIC CIVIL WAR.

However, the odds are steeply stacked against them. Construction on the terrifying DEATH STAR has been completed, giving the Empire a weapon capable of destroying entire Rebel installations with one shot of its superlaser.

Unsure of how much time they have left, the Rebels start to gear up for the very real possibility of discovery by Imperial forces led by the sinister Sith Lord DARTH VADER, who is probing the galaxy in search of them. The Rebellion needs a victory to keep their hopes of galactic freedom alive . . .
    [hr]

Welcome to Standoff on Hoth, an AU RPG that will focus around the Battle of Hoth and the immediate aftermath. Certain aspects will remain the same, such as canon characters and parts of the battle, but there are some new events that will occur during the story to keep things interesting.

[b]Who Can Play:[/b]

This game was originally designed to be the RPG for the SWC Rebel Alliance, but anyone is allowed to join the game. If you are not a member of the group, post interest here in the thread, and my co-GM and I will accomodate you into the roster. [b]There is no limit to the number of players in this game, and players may enter the game when it is in progress. Just make sure to send in your CS for approval before jumping in.[/b]

[b]Note:[/b]

[b]All playable characters are either Rebel pilots, foot soldiers, or command staff[/b]. All canon characters, such as Luke, Wedge, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc. are NPC's and will be controlled by a GM in their posts if those characters are relevant to the events. Also, all Imperials will be controlled by the GM's.

[b]Rules of the Game[/b]

[b]1. PM all character sheets to me or my co-GM, Mister_Master, for approval. Do Not post your sheet in the thread without approval from one of us, because your character WILL be ignored until you send us a sheet for approval.[/b]
    [b]2. GM's word is LAW. If you disagree with a decision either I or my co-GM makes, please PM us if you have complaints. Do not post your disagreements in the thread, or we will have a Mod brought in to edit your post. [/b]
    [b]3. No flaming or baiting. We don't want players hating each other because one of them did something that another player didn't like. [/b]
    [b]4. No godmoding. Bringing down an Imperial walker with a blaster rifle isn't logical, so don't include that in a post.[/b]
    [b]5. There won't be any Jedi in this game, but your character can be slightly Force-sensitive (i.e. have very limited Force powers, toned down so they really don't notice it)[/b].
    [b]6. Be reasonable in your character's possessions. Don't bring a ton of heavy weapons in a trooper backpac

2. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    This looks pretty interesting. Can I be added to the roster?

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  4. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    Thanks! Should I go ahead and send my CS?

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Go ahead. Just make sure to send it to the right GM for the position you want. :)

6. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    CS Approved!

Name: James Mcloch
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Dantooine
    Eye Color: Green
    Hair Color: Dark Brown
    Skin Color: lightly tanned
    Appearance: Some of James' friends refer to him as "The Stick" due to his skinny figure. He stands at 5'7, with a weak build.
    Position (Pilot, Foot Soldier, Officer): Pilot
    Main Weapon: Standard Rebel Blaster Rifle
    Alternative weapon(s) (be reasonable): 1 weak blaster pistol that once belonged to his father.
    Possessions: James always keeps a necklace that once belonged to his late sister, who died in the annihilation of Alderaan.
    Biography: James grew up within a Rebel family. His father always helped with the resistance efforts, and all his family and extended family hated the Empire with all their heart. From a young age, he was fond of ships and how they work, and had saved up enough money to buy his own single manned spacecraft at 16. From there, he left Dantooine and ventured around the vastness of space. He was somewhat of a pirate, he tracked and attacked small Empire frigates. But by the time he was 18, James had a price on his head, and had to turn to the Rebellion for help. After they had discovered James was a capable pilot, the Rebel Alliance hired him as a fighter pilot. All was going well until the destruction of Alderaan. James' sister was visiting family friend at the time of the explosion. To this day, James never forgot what happened, and vowed to destroy the Empire, no matter what it takes.

7. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    Quick question, can you have more than one class, as in can you be a pilot commander, IMO that is an officer so If I wanted to be like "Rogue Leader" would I make my CS out to be, a officer or a pilot.

8. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    GM Approved!

The Character Sheet:

Name: Mynan Jurg
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Hair Color: Dark Brown
    Skin Color: White (Caucasian)
    Appearance: 5' 8", normal build
    Position (Pilot, Foot Soldier, Officer): Foot soldier
    Main Weapon: DH-17 Blaster Pistol
    Alternative weapon(s) (be reasonable): Stolen Imperial E-11 blaster rifle, thermal detonators
    Possessions: Comlink, macrobinoculars
    Biography: Born on the planet Corellia, Mynan Jurg was born a determined soldier. After seeing the fall of the Galactic Republic, and seeing it turn into a dictatorship, Jurg looked toward the Rebellion for the solution to ending the Empire's rein on the Galaxy. Jurg is now a foot soldier for the Alliance, currently stationed on the bleak, snow planet of Hoth.

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Pilot.

10. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    OCC Great idea Gunny, can we play as cannon characters?

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: No, you can't. Sorry. :( I need them to write out the storyline.

12. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    So when do you think we're starting this?

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm waiting for more players to join.

14. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    GUNNY APPROVED

Name: Karn Fell (Bravo Leader)
    Species: human
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Eye Color: Blue
    Hair Color: Brown
    Skin Color: White
    Appearance: Toned, but in general very small compared to other members of the human race, standing at only 5' 6''.
    Position (Pilot, Foot Soldier, Officer): Pilot
    Main Weapon: Blaster rifle(E-11), X-Wing
    Alternative weapon(s) (be reasonable): Blaster Pistol(DL44)
    Possessions: X-Wing
    Biography:
    Born on the planet Corellia, Karn Fell was born to be a pilot. After living for so long in the shadow of the Galactic Empire, Karn decided that enough was enough and he found himself looking toward the Rebellion for the solution to ending the Empire's rein on the Galaxy. Karn a Pilot for the Alliance, and commands a squadron of determined pilots that continue the fight on the Empire. After the fall of Yavin, Karn has been placed on Hoth, and admits his plans in life have gone very far off course

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    This gives us three players so far. Anyone else interested in playing?

16. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Mister_Me approved.

The Character Sheet:

Name: Ragathar
    Species: Barabel
    Homeworld: Barab 1
    Eye Color: Black
    Hair Color: None
    Skin Color: Greenish-Gray
    Appearance: The Barabels were a bipedal race of reptilians who were covered in very tough dark colored scales. A blaster set on stun would not damage them at all or slow them down, as it would merely bounce off their scales. They also possessed heavy retractable claws along with needle sharp teeth.
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/c1/BarabelNEGAS.jpg]
    Position (Pilot, Foot Soldier, Officer): Officer, Foot Soldier/Commando
    Main Weapon: Two double-bladed daggers (see image above)
    Alternative weapon(s) (be reasonable): A280 blaster rifle
    Possessions: Ragathar has no possessions other then his weapons, and his clothes.
    Biography: Ragathar has always been a predator. When he was young he used to play hunt with his friends, and he prided himself at how fast he could find what they were hunting before anyone else. When the Empire landed on Barab 1, and started hunting down the Barabels, Ragathar would always be among the hunting parties that would go out to hunt the hunters. When he and his hunting party comprised of his mate, and his two hunting brother were ambushed by a Imperial hunting party. They were able to kill them, but not before His mate, and one of his hunting brothers were killed. From that point on Ragathar swore that he would have his vengeance on the empire by seeing that they were destroyed.

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: I'll put up a character or two tomorrow.

18. KnightFr0mOssus

KnightFr0mOssus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm knew to rp but i'll definitely join If people can help me. I'm in the process of reading the rules.

19. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    OCC- Gunny I'll have a cs for you by tomorrow

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    We can help you out. :) Just make sure to ask either Mister_Master or I if you need any help or need something explained in greater detail.

I look forward to the CS, master. :)

21. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Name: Vho Lak
    Species: Kel Dor
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Eye Color: black with silver irises
    Hair Color: n/a
    Skin Color: Tan-orange
    Appearance: same design of antiox mask as Plo Koon, of a normal build, "5'11"
    Position (Pilot, Foot Soldier, Officer): Foot Soldier
    Main Weapon: A280 blaster rifle (standard-issue rebel rifle)
    Alternative weapon(s) (be reasonable): DH-17 blaster pistol (standard-issue rebel pistol), Thermal detonators
    Possessions: Zha To's neckalace, comlink
    Biography: Vho Lak was born on Coruscant to Kel Dor traders in a primarily Kel Dor-inhabited district in the middle level. At age 20, he became a trader and fell in love with his childhood neighbor and close friend, Zha To. They soon married. A week later, she was shot after disrespecting an Imperial Navy officer on shore-leave. He ordered his bodygaurds to shoot her. Heartbroken, Vho developed a grudge against all imperials. He then volunteered to joined an anti-Imperial partisan group in the underbelly of Coruscant. Later, he joined the alliance. Zho has a strong sense of righteousness like most Kel Dors and believes that because some Imperials killed his wife, all Imperials must pay for it, even if it means that they must die.

22. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    OOC: Can't wait to begin playing.

23. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Sorry I didn't pm you the cs. It says I have to have made at lest 20 posts to do so which is complete bs. You can approve what I wrote or just ignore my character. I don't really mind.

24. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    You can get 20 posts from here. And then after that you can send it in.

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    GM Note: The game will start in a couple days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.