main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star By Star Cover on TOS!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Pikachuwbacca, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Ok, now that I've calmed down...

first the Jedi Academy, and now Coruscant?! This is just WRONG!!! :mad:

Oookay, maybe I'm NOT calm yet! :mad:

2. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    About the Vong/Vornskyr thing: did anyone consider that it might be a Vong/Howlrunner hybrid? Remember, Howlrunners have human-like faces...

3. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Well, I am sure the consensus is that whatever the thing is, it sure is UGLY! :D

4. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    It's a monkey. Duh.

5. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I just noticed on the back cover, that Coruscant is in the bottom left corner AND the top left with the Jedi in between - what do you think the symbolism of this is?

6. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Coruscant falling??? I kinda think that's a cool idea. It'll put the NR back on the run for a while(just like the RA) and the surface will be cleared of all the buildings and such. It'll almost be a historical event in a GFFA. This book is shaping up to really be something special.

7. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    sorry about that other thread thing guys, didn't see this when i started it.

now that i'm here, i'll add my opinion to the list. first off, the woman with the lightsaber on the back is most likely (i'd put money on it) leia, because she had a red lightsaber (dark empire, i believe) and jaina has a violet saber (young jedi knights).

the freaky looking thing on the cover- i don't think we can say that it ISN'T a vornskr-vong hybrid because if you notice many concept designs of different things change (look at the Vong-new look each cover). And there really isn't an "official" picture of many things in SW books, because THE FLANNELED ONE did not put it in his movies. So anything goes.

As for the Dark Side...to be honest, I don't know who it will be. It would be ironic if it was Jacen (not Anakin, that's too easy since he's named after grandad, that other Dark Lord guy...) since Jacen's philosophy was supposed to prevent it. Jaina though would be the most interesting. A major female Dark Jedi...cool. But the thing that might be contrary is that she is supposed to have her own one-shot book about her love life (I think). But my guess is it will be Jacen.

And the (SPOILER)
    fall of Coruscant. Damn. I really didn't want to see it happen, but you knew it would. So where will the Republic move to? Corellia? Tatooine? A new world? Suddenly, things appear very shaky for our heroes...

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I am quite upset about Coruscant's fall. This is one planet the NR BETTER TAKE BACK - BEFORE the Vong destroy it!!!!!!

On the other hand, wouldn't it be sweet if Fey'lya died?! HAHAHA!

9. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    What suitable urban planet would be left to go to that is not under the control of the Vong?

10. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    If Fey'lya still lives, watch him want to set up the capital on Bothawui.

Hopefully this book will be good; if it isn't, I'm done with the NJO.

11. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I'm trying to be optimistic here, so...

Who says the Vong even KEEP the planet? I mean, the NR could SOMEHOW win it back - and it would take a while to strip down the whole planet.

12. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Oh, and Bothawui for the capital - can we say "UGH, NO!"?

13. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I am just saddened that 25,000+ years of history could be lost . . .

14. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Well, you could try to be optimistic...

It's a long book. Maybe they capture it early on in the book, and then maybe the NR wins it back at the end.... and hey, I can hope, can't I???

15. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    There is something that looks like a flaming Bothan head in the lower-right corner of the back cover.
    Perhaps Fey'lya dies. Or maybe Bothawui or Kothlis falls to the Vong.
    Also, I think I see a Toydarian on the front,to the right of Luke's collar.
    And, under the chin of the vong/vornsker/whatever is what looks like a face wearing one of those masker things.

16. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    I really think there is no way Anakin will fall to the DS. They have made a big deal about Anakin's name being the same as his grandfathers. LFL wouldn't be so predictable. I really think no Jedi will fall. Tempted sure. All Jedi are tempted when they are going through training, but in the end most usually stay with the light side.

As for the fall of Coruscant I think we all knew it was coming, it was just a matter of time. I figured when it happened, it would happen in SbS.

I still say that on the cover its Shimrra. Now is the time for him to appear. The YV now have the NR's capital world, what better way for the YV leader to appear but walking down the steps to the Senate and sacrificing Borsk.

17. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    "Who says the Vong even KEEP the planet? I mean, the NR could SOMEHOW win it back - and it would take a while to strip down the whole planet."

A while like the few hours on Sernpidal or Kalarba? A while like the few minutes on Ithor?

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Look at Coruscant. It has far more buildings and technology the Vong would need to destroy. Unless they dropped a moon on it, which I really hope they don't do again!

19. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    The spoiler said Coruscant FALLS to the Vong not DESTROYED by the Vong.

The Vong are well aware that Coruscant holds a symbolic importance to the people of the New Republic.

I think the Vong would want to hold Coruscant for the purpose of showing their supremacy over the weak powers of the NR and that they are the rulers of the GFFA now.

I think if anything they would try to alter the plantet to their specs rather than trash it completely.

20. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Remember what they did the the Great Temple? Just land those things on it and eat through it. The entire planet could be razed in a month. Two at most.

21. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    A month... well, that gives poor me a little hope. Coruscant was so beautiful in TPM... it's the planet that it would TRULY bug me to see destroyed. The Jedi Academy was bad enough.

22. JediTwinSunMoon

JediTwinSunMoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    Has anyone speculated on when Vergere will reappear?

23. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    She's in line someplace after Danni.

24. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    That's no Coruscant... it's a world ship!

The 2nd coruscant I mean.

25. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I noticed, towards the beggining of this thread, a debate over the meaning of "Star by Star". Did the title "Vector Prime" have any meaning? There is no hidden meaning in SbS, it just sounds like a neat title for a SW book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.