main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Tours / Tatooine Traders / Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular / Endor Vendors

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    We had an old thread that talked about the Lucasfilm related parts of Disney-MGM Studios. The thread is now locked, so here's a replacement.

What prompted me to look for it is the news that Disney has announced plans to close Star Tours the month after the Star Wars Weekends. From 16 July to 1 August (just two weeks) it will be closed as posted on their official site. Is this due to the wear and tear it'll take over the Weekends, is this random and completely normal scheduled maintenance, or is it the long-wanted overhaul that will bring a new film or experience? I doubt it's going to be much given the short timeframe, and the fact that Lucasfilm is a tad busy on another major project these days, but who knows? Actually, who does know? If it's supersecret and you trust me, PM. I'm very interested. -Campbell

2. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    I suspect that either it has to do with the new ride they are putting in (maybe it needs to be shut down because of cross electrical work) or hopefully, they are replacing the old show with something new. I am really hoping for the latter. Maybe with the new movie coming out next year they are refurbishing. BTW, thanks, I didn't know they were going to be shutting down at all, so now I can make sure to ride it a few times just in the even that the show does change.

I will be at MGM probably this weekend to walk around a little, and will make sure to ask about that and get back to you if I find out anything new.
    jedigirl99

3. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Other than a ton of developments over Star Wars Weekends, a few new items at the Indiana Jones shop (Adventure Outpost) include a pin (and several other items) with a new Indiana Mickey whip-wielding Mouse logo, and the plush denizens of the 100-Acre Wood in Adventure Archeologist get-up. I got a Pooh and he fits quite nicely on a shelf with Jedi Mickey. -Campbell

postscript- if you have access to Property Control they have a few whips there for 75% off. All are frayed at the end, but still seem pretty nice. Brings the price down to $16.

4. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Don't forget about the best item of all, Indiana Eeyore!

Brandon

5. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Indy Eeyore, sitting in my room...frowning with his little hat...how cute!

6. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    That is the cutest, but, strangely, saddest post of all time.

Brandon

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The Florida Mall Disney store, and presumably at all malls, has 50% off of most of their stock. Included are several Eeyore versions. Dale, you might tell Jill there's a few Lion King plushes on sale there as well. I saw no Star Wars or Indiana Jones type items though.

8. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Ill let her know, but I think I bought just about every Lion King toy that place had.

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Anyone going to MGM soon? If so, let us know if you see the new GI Joe, I think Disney-exclusive, Indiana Jones figure. It's a must-buy for me, even though the pack-ins look a little odd. -Campbell

10. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Here are some pics of GI Jones:
    http://www.tradefederation.net/

11. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I mentioned this on the collecting contingent post but I went in to Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney and they have the Indy/GI Joe figures. Right there on the shelves! Oh yeah, check it out BABY!
    Melanie

12. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    when i go on my holidays to Disney, i usually come home with loads of new Star wars stuff. i basically stock up on it there! once time we had to buy a new suitcase to get all the stuff home in!

13. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    I hear that we should see Star Tours wave 4 figures out at Disney sometime very soon. (September?) Jedi Mickey plushes are rumored to be available again soon as well (without SWW logo).

Has anyone seen anything new at Tatooine Traders lately?

14. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm now the proud owner of a "JEDI Training Academy" baseball hat. :D I just about died when I saw all the Jedi academy stuff. Oh, my poor, hungry wallet . . .

Star Tours is, incidentally, still showing the Endor thing. Supposedly they're expanding to show Tatooine, according to the video thingy they showed us.

. . . And they have a different movie here than the one they used to show in California (the one showing how you buckle in). My five-year-old self was in the original video, sitting next to Chewie.

Dana

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The video factoid is really cool. I've downloaded a version of that years ago. Wish they'd release DVDs of the films from the ride, like the Shrek 3-D ride did. Did you see the Tatooine information in some sort of orientation? Long ago, we wrote on here about the talk of a Podrace sequence being installed there, but this is the first new mention of it in years.

I was glad to hear about the September reappearance of the Jedi Mickey- think it was on Rebelscum a week or so ago? Good stuff- it's a good toy that deserves a permanent place at Disney, and I'm not complaining because the new ones lack the footprint. -Campbell

16. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Although RS reported it last week, I had reported the same news back in June.

"radicalray
    Date Posted: 6/2 5:05am Subject: RE: Star Wars Weekends
    I think you will see the Jedi Mickey plush as a regular Star Tours item, just minus the embroidery on the foot marking it for SWW. "

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I remember that. I don't recall the wording of the RS article but I believe it sounded more certain there. Hope they weren't just repeating a rumor.

18. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Disney management had told me about the Jedi Mickey back during SWW, but I never trust what they say about merchandise until I see it with my own eyes. My posts to other forums were a bit more informative than what I had posted here.

I am thrilled we will see Jedi Mickey again, a LOT of my trade friends still want him, and they make fantastic baby shower gifts for SW friends expecting Padawans. Do you think we will see a Minnie as Leia plush next? You know Disney.....

19. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm just fine with no additional plush versions, but if they did a Minnie I'd hope for several others. Heck, I've got blue hippos dressed as characters. I could dig a Plutobacca. -Campbell

20. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Pluto with Chewie's belt would be awesome! :D

Minnie might have problems with the hair buns, due to the ears. :p

Dana

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Perhaps a Slave Leia Minnie is in order.

22. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    *shudders*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.