main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] To Boldly Go: The Continuing Adventures of the USS Enterprise [Updated 1/3]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Aug 10, 2010.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent thoughts and feelings from Pike =D= Very much in character. :)

Adore!!! that Spock is his confidant. Seems like sweetie pie honey bunch has that unexpected effect :* :* :* !!!!!!!!

Brings out unbreakable trust and loyalty on the one hand and on the other, passion and blissful adoration from his lady of mutual choice. LOL SQUEE!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great post with a character I liked very much

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Can't help but feel sorry for Pike. It's hard to find oneself confined like that.

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, poor Pike! :(

This was a powerful introspection here, one that almost hurt me to read. He's normally such a strength to everyone else, maybe this time the crew can be a strength to him. [face_love]

=D=

~MJ @};-

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Yes, Pike's misgivings continue to torment him due to his permanent disability. :(

Hazel: Yes, disabilities are unfortunately very limiting and when Pike got his and the way that he got it has definitely caused him much stress and problems. [face_worried]

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks, Pike is definitely a very interesting character to uncover his layers of guilt and regret.

Mira_Jade: Yes, he now has more weaknesses due to his disability and remorse. :_|

[b]Caged and Confused

Act Two: Hopes[/b]

I use to have many hopes and dreams, but almost all of them ended the day that I ended up spinning my wheels in a wheelchair. It's so undignifying that I am at least glad that Vulcans do not have any emotions, otherwise this little trip that I've taken would be practically useless. It crushes my spirit thinking about the days when getting something in my house use to be so easy and effortless; now, I have to really on an artificial robot to get me different things during my time there and at work as well.

I want to be able to walk hand in hand with the woman of my dreams, but now that is all for naught. I'd sincerely doubt that anyone would find an aging wheelchair bound Admiral that enchanting. My hair has started to turn grey more as the stress has built dealing with my immobilities. Growing old was never supposed to be like this. I long for the times when walking was something that I took for granted; now I'd trade all my possessions just to walk again.

Breathing the recycled air aboard the [i]Intrepid[/i] feels almost pugnant to my senses. It's the vessel I tell myself. The [i]Enterprise[/i] never smelled like this. It must be all of these logical Vulcans and their uprighteous characteristics that have tainted the ship so revoltingly to me. I converse with someone of acquaintance to my lone confidant, Spock. It's his half-brother (who I never knew about before), Sybok who is Captain of this vessel who is now my second confidant that I've told my feelings to.

He has a strange outlook on things that is so human in a way it's remarkable. I'd swear he is the most un-Vulcan like Vulcan besides Spock that I've ever known. He teaches about getting in touch with your inner feelings and letting go of those things that one cannot change. But, I hold tightly to those times of walking, running, feeling the air parch my throat after a long run, just being free within the moment. His teachings have at least helped me to recognize that this trip means so much to me in finding myself again.

Suddenly, we receive a distress signal from Talos IV stating that a Federation ship has crashed there. We set full warp speed towards the planet to see what assistance we can offer. My heart starts pounding as the excitement of a mission sears through my veins. I actually long to go down to the surface, my disabilities be damned. I know that it will be hard to convince this crew of my intentions, but hopefully Sybok or the situation that we discover will open up a way for me to go on one last away mission. I can only hope.

[i]To Be Continued...[/i]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    an interesting take on that episode. Pike will find something there:)

and nice to see Sybok

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

Interesting reflections he has on the Intrepid crew and the pervading atmosphere; how much of that is due to true perceptions versus a psychological state is hard to untangle.

[face_thinking]

Intrigued by Sybok's being Captain and also in how things unfold on Talos IV.

The overall title "Caged and Confused" - is a very telling one - it speaks also of a cage one imposes upon oneself. =D=

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Pike & Sybok, now there is an interesting mix. I wonder what they'll find on Talos [face_thinking]

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I instantly had Led Zeppelin stuck in my head with the chapter title, and it did not fit reading the chapter. :p 8-}

That said - poor Pike! He is so very crushed here, and it aches to see him as such. :( He's always such a beautiful character (and man. ;)), and it was hard to read him as such.

Very interesting with Sybok being the Captain here. [face_thinking] I almost always assign him the role of villain, but he seems to be helpful here so far.

So far. [face_mischief]

Anyway, Talos is always a mess - I can't wait to see what you pull from it. :D

=D=

~MJ @};-

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Well, it would be pretty pointless for Pike and company to find nothing. ;)

Jade_eyes: Well, the Intrepid crew is indeed very unique in regards to every other Federation vessel due to the fact that it is manned completely by Vulcans with of course, Pike tagging along for this particular story. o_O And yes, caged and confused regards how Pike feels not only about his disabling situation but also with his current position within Starfleet.

Hazel: We'll find out very soon exactly what they'll find on Talos IV. [face_worried]

Mira_Jade: Well, Pike has definitely gone through some very debilitating injuries in regards to being in a wheelchair permanently and with no hope of ever walking again. :( Sybok's role is going to be revealed shortly in this story.

A/N: Jade_eyes tightened parts of this up a little bit plus put in the closing sentence. Thanks as always. [:D]

[b]Caged and Confused

Act Three: Choices[/b]

We have just entered orbit around Talos IV. Apparently, a ship has wrecked there and a few survivors are all that remain. The Talosian have contacted the ship and some of the Vulcan crew is getting ready to beam down towards the surface. Sybok has ordered for his Science Officer, Doctor, and Communications Officer plus a few other extra Security members to be in the rescue party.

I wish that I could somehow go down to the surface myself, but due to being confined to my wheelchair, I have to instead just sit and watch as the Vulcans beam down to the planet. I have sent a communique to Spock notifying him of our present situation and have even told him that his half-brother is quite an unnormal Vulcan.

Meanwhile, aboard the Enterprise Spock has notified Nyota of a particularly personal situation.

"Nyota, I've never told you about Sarek's firstborn son," he starts to tell her while clasping her hands within his, "Sybok is a rather unorthodox Vulcan {in} my family history."

"Oh, I never even knew that you had a brother," Nyota remarks confused by the mention of {a brother.}

"Well, he's actually a half-brother," Spock tells her quietly, "Sarek met a Vulcan Priestess before my mother and they had a child out of wedlock, which is a very problematic issue in Vulcan society."

"I bet it is," Nyota responds, "It must have made it pretty hard for your both then."

"That's the main problem," Spock continues to tell her, "I never lived with Sybok. He lived with the Vulcan Priestess because he was born out of wedlock. If Sarek had decided to raise him, then he would have been banished from Vulcan."

"Really?" Nyota queries him, perplexed, "That doesn't sound exactly ideal or human."

"Well, our race is a very culture oriented one," Spock clarifies, "And also a very proud and noble one as well. The idea of raising Sybok could never occur with Sarek. Also, because Sybok was born out of wedlock, I was not allowed to have any interaction with him at all."

"What?" Nyota sounds even more puzzled, "They banished you from him as well!"

"Yes, they did," Spock truthfully tells her, "I was never allowed to see him or interact with him for any reason. He was in essence dead to me."

"Wow," Nyota states, while her lips quiver in sympathy, "That's terrible."

"Now, though," Spock says, "A situation has occurred where I feel compelled to for the first time interact with him."

"Oh," Nyota wonders aloud, "What situation?"

"He is now the Captain of the Vulcan-manned Federation Starship, [i]Intrepid[/i]," Spock informs her compellingly, "And Admiral Pike is on a mission with him to Talos IV."

"Admiral Pike is with him?" Nyota questions Pike's involvement.

"Yes, apparently Pike saw something in Sybok that reminded him of myself," Spock replies, "But, he also told me about Sybok's teachings as well."

"What's so bad about what Sybok teaches?" Nyota wondered.

"He was banished from Vulcan because he wanted Vulcans to get more in touch with their emotional side," Spock explains, "He was not allowed to return again."

"So, he was banished

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Vulcans and their strange rules

Nice interaction between Spock and Uhura

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The convo between Spock and Nyota was very candid and warm on each side. His openness and vulnerability with her -- is beautiful to read and to write. :* :* It speaks to her worthiness and to her inner beauty that she can evoke such. [face_love] [face_love] And receive his personal confidings without judgment but still share an honest opinion feeling quite able and safe to do so.

This speaks not only to their level of loving attachment but friendship-centric trust and safety that was built as a foundation beforehand. :D :D

(S/U make me lyrical, LOL, among other things)

[face_dancing]

[:D]

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Really enjoyed the Spock/ Uhura conversion and knowing more about Sybok.

Satellite is a very unorthodox Vulcan to have such an unorthodox offspring.

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    A very interesting and telling conversation between the two. [face_thinking]

I like seeing the openness of ideas here - even in comparison with TOS. It is nice and refreshing to see - even though it is sad that such thoughts would not have came without Vulcan's destruction. :(

And then this:

"Well, good," Nyota beams at him and kisses him deeply with pure emotion, "See what emotions can provide to you?"

"Yes, now I do," Spock answers, as he kisses her deeply and holds her tight to him, "It's quite invigorating."

Nyota laughs. "I like that ... description." She murmurs.

Awesome. [face_love]

Wonderful update, again. =D=

~MJ @};-

15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, Vulcans do indeed have weird rules to live by. ;)

Jade_eyes: Yes, it's very telling how Spock and Nyota relate to his news about his half-brother and the complexities within. [:D]

Hazel: Sarek has many previous revelations and Sybok is just but one of those. o_O

Mira_Jade: Yes, a very interesting conversation in regards to Sybok and the revelation that Spock comes to in regards to having emotions is indeed invigorating. [face_blush]

A/N: Sorry for the long delay, but with the holidays things got a little frantic. Once again, thanks to Jade_eyes for tightening this up a bit.

[b]Act Four: Caged[/b]

Spock had gone to Captain Kirk requesting that the ship go towards Talos IV. He had told the Captain that with his half-brother's involvement as Captain of the Intrepid and his misgivings about not really getting to know his half-brother that he felt compelled to help him {nonetheless}.

"I never knew that you had a half-brother," Kirk informed Spock.

"It's not {well-known outside of my family}, and I'd like to keep it that way." Spock told Kirk succintly.

"Understood." Kirk acknowledged not only Spock's request but definitely felt that he deserved whatever support that they could offer. "So," he stated as he smacked Spock's back, "Here's to cowboy diplomacy."

"Cowboy diplomacy will not be needed." Spock retorted {relating to} Kirk's assessment of the situation.

"We'll see about that." Kirk remarked in kind back towards Spock.

Meanwhile, back in the transporter room of the Intrepid, the Vulcan Away Team gets ready to beam down to the planet surface. Not a hint of anxiety or apprehension is seen amongst the Vulcan faces as they ready themselves to be beamed down. As the transporter pad engages, a sudden glow of intense radiance suddenly appears surrounding the Vulcan officers. Suddenly, they collapsed to the floor.

The Enterprise is warping towards Talos IV and will arrive in precisely eight hours, twenty-six minutes, and four point 78 seconds according to Spock's latest calculations.
    {Uhura} notices that Spock is slightly agitated and apprehensive at the Science Station as he continues his scans and she continues her hails to the Intrepid.

"Is it possible that they do not want to reply?" {Uhura} openly questions Spock.

"Considering that Sybok could regard my re-emergence into his life as perplexing, anything is possible," Spock tells her and everyone within earshot on the Bridge.

"Why would he be perplexed?" McCoy butts in, "Don't they have brotherly love on Vulcan?"

"Doctor, please refrain from your usual ribbing," Spock {asks} McCoy, "In regards to my half-brother, my and his relationship is anything but brotherly."

"Sorry," McCoy remarks {in a tone which blends sympathy with teasing}, "Didn't mean to hit a raw nerve or insinuate anything remorseful."

"If there is any remorse to be had, it is mine to bear," Spock tells him truthfully, "I only wish that I had gone to him earlier to remove any bad blood between us."

{From her station, Uhura casts Spock a tender look which communicates her empathy and a clear message: "You have nothing to feel guilty over."}

"Well, keep on hailing the Intrepid at regular intervals," Kirk {tells Uhura - putting a halt to any further side-chatting}, "In the meantime, contact Starfleet and let them know that we are proceeding to Talos IV and if they have any further information to please divulge it."

"Aye, Captain," {Uhura acknowledges} as she continues in her efforts to contact the Intrepid. "Enterprise to Intrepid, do you acknowledge?"

On the Bridge of the Intrepid the entire crew is incapacitated except for Sybok and Admiral Pike. They stand alone confused as to what has transpired.

"Why is everyone except for you and I unconscious?" Pike wondered aloud to Sybok.

"I wish that I knew," Sybok stated plainly, "It's highly illogical."

Suddenly, the Bridge basked in an eerie irredescence of light and both Sybok and Pike fall to the floor unconscious just like the rest of

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was some great banter back there. :D

He was STANDING and no wheel chair was in sight!

Interesting! o_O

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ahem - still tickled by the word - invigorating - [face_laugh] Oh the places my mind does travel [face_mischief]

Great banter and I do believe Jim is nothing but a Rogue ;)

Wow! Touching and fun exchange there about Sybok and regrets @};- and =D= great closing there with Pike's apparent healing

[face_thinking]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the banter between Kirk and Spock and McCoy

and Pike standing[face_thinking]

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, very interesting development. [face_thinking]

=D=

~MJ @};-