main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Star Wars battlefront II

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jershbi_Wan_Luap, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    G.O.A.T shooter?
    My pal came over last night and we just went bananas! I played this obsessively from when it came out until they stopped supporting it on Xbox Live. That was a sad, sad day. The online gameplay should be what other games strive for. The DLC made it all around tits.

I have heard b.s. about SWBF3 over the last few years and fear that if Pandemic doesn't do the game, it may lose all that made it unique.

Is there a chance in the world that anyone else still plays and if so... you see where I'm going with this... LETS DO THIS!

When it was available online, I was always the rocket man, didn't matter on which side. What I called 'spray pattern delta' was my signature and it consisted of a mid distance grenade throw, mine drop and rocket launch through the exploding detonation. The opponent would either roll close to me to avoid the 'nade, which would cause him to hit my mine, or jump back away from the 'nade and would get nailed by my rocket. This worked best in Cloud City.

Jabba's Palace was where I would go to straight vent. Down the staircase I would lay mine after mine in the doorway and collect the powerups. Amazing stuff and would frequently go w/o a death.

Those were the days, huh.
    Stories?
    Strategies?

2. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    G.O.A.T. shooter??? what hell may i ask is that?? im a pretty hard core gamer maybe i just fell out of the loop for a minute but If it involves storming cloud city or jabbas palace I need info!!! do tell man

3. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    *coughs* Greatest of All Time.

If you have not had the priviledge of playing this, DO IT NOW!
    It covers most of the battlefields and places in the movies ie: Polis Massa (great close quarters) and Tantive IV. You can play as the 501st and run through the time line with the imminent doom of the Jedi looming in each level.

The maps are very close to the actual scenes and add the Jedi only levels and voiala. G.O.A.T

4. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    what system is it for?? I must play.... NOW!!!! and is the name G.O.A.T.??

5. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    X box and ps2.
    G.O.A.T. = Greatest Of All Time.
    The xbox 360 wont support it unless you got the update before they stopped supporting the old games :(.

It is amazing and if you can get it for the PS2, you should be in heaven. Battlefront I was really cool aswell.

6. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    And I'm not sure how this group works, if you all get together on occasion to bs or play games but if you do I would be more than happy to bring my console and game around.

7. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    AAAHHHH yes yes battle front 2 ok i have played the first for a second but i got into ff12 and that fastly took control of my life lol and then enter infamous!!! i think my brother has BF 2 ill have to ask... or go to GAMESTOP!!!!! any excuse to go there lol

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I've never gotten to play Battlefront. I don't have either of the systems it was available for.

9. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    I played the first battle front briefly at my brothers its pretty sweet, I know hes got two also...im gunna hit him up for it lol, dude you can get a ps2 dirt cheap these days.... go to craigslist or if they had it on xbox....did they ??? you can get an x360 pretty cheap these days too, and itll play old xbox games so you can play the battle front games AND KotOR!!! hey....why havent i got knights yet??? I gotta go bro, im goin to game stop!!!

10. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    I still play it on my 360 and my 8 year oldson is starting to develop his own skills. Battlefront I is always good to go back to.

SWKOTOR I and II are still in rotation, however I am finding it difficult to stick with the second one.

I need to get an original xbox for the jedi academy games. I feel like I'm missing out :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.