main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PS2!!! (and Gamecube)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Reign, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think way earlier in this thread someone mentioned that he actually phoned LucasArts and was told you can't play as Boba.
    And the only extra codes I know of are the cheats I mentioned a couple of posts above this (jetpack, health, etc) but you have to buy the appropriate cheats system to use them.

I haven't really stopped playing this. I finished the main game and started a second using the unlimited jetpack & health options. That is lots of fun. And on the weekend I played through the 'Longo Two-Guns' level with unlimited health and ammo. Now that's a good stressbuster!

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Finally beat the Tusken Canyon level. Mind you I've only been playing Bounty Hunter once every few months since I got stuck at this level over a year ago.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I eventually beat that level but it was a Sith. Poor Jango even ended up in the Sarlacc pit a couple of times. My nemesis level was the Death Stick Factory - I couldn't beat that without using the cheat system. (Unlimited jetpack and continues).

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Only the prison break level and the last level ever gave me any real trouble...though the part with the sarlacc in the tusken canyon was somewhat tricky due to te platforming nature of that part of the level. But, in general, I found Death Sticks and usken Canyon to be a breeze...I was surprised most people had so much trouble with that one- now I'm thinking I just lucked out the time i played the level.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It was the flying in Death Stick that gave me the problems. I lost so many lives getting to the area with the conveyor belts that I usually had only one life left at that point - and I usually lost it flying from belt to belt.
    Prison Breakout and Tusken Canyon were long, but I managed to beat them without cheats.
    I did find the final level hard - I saw those cutscenes of Jango's death more than a few times. Eventually I got Vosa without cheating though.

6. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I had no trouble with the deathstick factory level. The ones that gave me the most fits were the prison breakout level and the tusken canyon level.

7. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Those are exactly the same ones that were difficult for me.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think the spookiest level had to be the first one in the last chapter ('Moon of the Dead', I think). All the Bando Gora and the graveyard setting gave me the creeps. Then that music kicked in...

9. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    /bump for recent discussion

¤Night

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I absolutely adored this game when I rented it :D
    I think I'm going to buy it... I never did beat it...
    The fact that it features Jango is only a complete bonus :D

I wonder if after RotS there'll be a game featuring Grievous? *drools at that thought*

11. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Or a Darth Maul game! =P~

12. JawaSmuggler

JawaSmuggler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Yes a pre ep1 darth maul game is a must!

Someone call Lucasarts!

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I think the chances of a Darth Maul game are pretty slim. Once KOTOR II comes out every SW game that comes out will be Ep. III themed for a while. Our chances for a Darth Maul game have probobly already passed. But I admit that a Darth Maul game would be really cool. Going around and killing Jedi while at the same time trying to keep your identity a secret. It would probobly be something along the lines of Metal Gear Solid.

14. Beirut

Beirut Jedi Master

Apr 8, 2005
    Anyone know if there's an infinite health/ammo code for the GC version? I have an Action Replay, but they only have the infinite jetpack/continues cheats.

15. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    How is this game?

Just got a gamecube (for free, my friend gave me his), and was wondering is this game any good?

Thanks

16. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    LAJ_FETT posted on 4/24/04/05 8:17am
    I eventually beat that level but it was a Sith. Poor Jango even ended up in the Sarlacc pit a couple of times. My nemesis level was the Death Stick Factory - I couldn't beat that without using the cheat system. (Unlimited jetpack and continues).
    [hr][/blockquote]

What are these cheats you speak of? /:)

~Vassago

17. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Bump.

Anyone know of the codes that LAJ_Fett speaks of?

Also, Indy, Bounty Hunter is a good game. It's not without flaws, but if you got it for free...you got a good game. :)

~Vassago

18. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Anyone know of the codes that LAJ_Fett speaks of?

Those are Gameshark codes. ;)

19. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Thanks for the comment, appreciate it.

Look forward to playing it when I get more free time

20. DubWiser

DubWiser Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    "How is this game?"

The camera is a little wonky, and the whole "hold the targeting button and repeatedly press fire" style of gameplay can get repetitive, but overall it's pretty good.

Think SOTE, in that the game is flawed, yet it's really hard to put down.

Definitely worth the fifteen bucks you can get it for now.

21. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Vader_vs_Maul posted on 6/11/05 2:25am
    [i] Anyone know of the codes that LAJ_Fett speaks of? [/i]

Those are Gameshark codes. [face_wink]
    [hr][/blockquote]

[b]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/b] [/Vader]

That's a downer. I was hoping they were regualr codes. But wait, that'd make sense. :| :p

Thanks, none the less.

~Vassago

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Here in the UK the game cheats are part of the Exploder V3 Professional system. I believe the US cheat system was Gameshark but I am not sure of the release.
    The unlimited jetpack option is a lot of fun!

23. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    I never had any trouble with any levels in this game. I mean, sure I lost all my continues every now and then, but I always beat the level on my second try. I got to that one Tatooine level where you lose your armour and weapons and have to escape from the Krayt Dragon, but sadly, I had rented the game, and had to return it.

24. That_Jedi_Guy

That_Jedi_Guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2005
    This game only took me about a week to beat but i think thats a good thing cuz the only reason i was able to do that was that i was playing pretty much 24/7. Overall this was a very cool game but the one problem i had with it was identifying secondary bounties cuz you had to put away your weapons to identify people.
    I think they should make a sequel but maybe instead of jango do boba fett

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, the most annoying part was having to scan someone while they're all shooting at you. Another is when you're supposed to kill a particular bounty and their body falls off the ledge into the abyss so you can't collect it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.