main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS Debate thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthLucanas, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am starting this thread because I think a lot of you have a thing or two to say when it comes to some things in the STAR WARS movies. And I am sure we all don't agree so...
    If something about the movies bothers you I say let us talk about it here and get a good old debate going.

I?ll start ?

I have a problem with the Jedi themselves?that?s right I said the Jedi.

1. Why do they think they don?t have to answer to anyone? They can pretty much kill when THEY deem it fit. Why can?t they disarm someone without cutting of a hand, arm, or head? ( poor Jango ) :_|
    Hey ever heard of using the force against someone for a peaceful end result.

2. Why can?t they fight like gentlemen and ladies? I mean in Phantom Menace it takes two of them to take on Darth Maul. And in Attack of the Clones Obi-Wan and Anakin are both getting ready to fight at the same time a 70 something year old Dooku. ?I can?t take Dooku alone? says a 30 something year old Obi-Wan to Anakin. Yeah ?some Jedi Master [face_laugh]

3. And what about stealing babies from families because they sense the child has gifts. And there is no relationship with the birthparents. Who ordained the Jedi to be the highest authority in the galaxy? I think this is a little cruel. I know if I were separated from my birthparents I would like to know or meet them.

I know there is more about the Jedi, I and others have problems with I just can?t think of any so I will leave that up to you to add or defend the Jedi.

2. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    You sith and your ways to twist the truth.

1)Jango obviously had it coming. The only thing that was missing from that scene was his head plopping out like a can of thanksgiving cranberry sauce. The only time a jedi killed anyone was when their lives were threatened. I'd say a dude with a plaster shooting at you is threatening. Not to mention the guy having a jet pack. You got a jet pack that means you are the prime target to get your head lanced off.

2) Age matters not. Using the force they are able to push their buddies to max speed and strength by using their minds. Dooku was more skilled in the force then Obi-wan and Anakin put together, thus able to beat them. Look what happen when Yoda pushed himself with the force and he was 900 years old (thanks Jim =P) In the case of the force, strong mind means strong body.

3) As far as taking the children, its for the safety of everyone involved. If the jedi didn't intervene with the baby jedi, the untrained jedi kid could potentially injure themselves and/or their loved ones. Or worse, they could be taken by the sith, then trained to become evil on the dark side of the force. Cool, that isn't!

3. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    1)Jango obviously had it coming. The only thing that was missing from that scene was his head plopping out like a can of thanksgiving cranberry sauce. The only time a jedi killed anyone was when their lives were threatened. I'd say a dude with a plaster shooting at you is threatening. Not to mention the guy having a jet pack. You got a jet pack that means you are the prime target to get your head lanced off.

First of all Mace started it with Jango. Jango was just standing there watching the event and spending ?quality time? with his son Boba , when Mace puts his lightsaber up to Jango?s throat. And let me say this.
    Do you know how hard it was for Jango to be a single parent at that time in the Republic? Mace was very sneaky indeed, creeping up on Jango who?s attention was on his son's enjoyment of there father/son activities.Why didn?t Mace go up to Dooku with his light saber ? That?s who Mace was mad at..so Mace is kind of a like a bully on a school ground. Hey and Jango was just DEFENDING himself against a crazed Mace who was charging at Jango swinging that lightsaber like Jason from Friday the 13th. And Jango?s jet pack was inoperable due to being almost trampled to death by the Reek that in fact, Mace riled up in the first place, so Jango could not fly to safety from the blood crazy Mace.

2) Age matters not. Using the force they are able to push their buddies to max speed and strength by using their minds. Dooku was more skilled in the force then Obi-wan and Anakin put together, thus able to beat them. Look what happen when Yoda pushed himself with the force and he was 900 years old (thanks Jim =P) In the case of the force, strong mind means strong body.

That just proves right there that Obi-Wan should of stayed home that day and been cooking dinner and cleaning the Jedi Temple for those Jedi who could battle and get the job done.
    If you can?t party with the big boys..then don?t show up.
    Hey now that I think about it Obi-Wan and Wedge are very similar.They are always needing someone else to get the job done. Remember at the beginning of AOTC when Anakin says to Obi-wan, ? I saved YOU from that nest of gundarks master? And it?s Luke who saves Wedge?s bacon in the battle of Yavin.
    And how does Obi-Wan help Anakin in the hangar ?.he gets Dooku all upset and forces Anakin to save his bacon while Obi-Wan lays there in the fetal position crying like a little b**tch just hoping that again Anakin can save his butt.

3) As far as taking the children, its for the safety of everyone involved. If the jedi didn't intervene with the baby jedi, the untrained jedi kid could potentially injure themselves and/or their loved ones. Or worse, they could be taken by the sith, then trained to become evil on the dark side of the force. Cool, that isn't!

Anakin seemed like a well behaved well adjusted child in Episode 1. He seemed ok with his mother.
    I didn?t notice any problems with Anakin until Obi-wan got a hold of him.
    And it?s Obi-Wan?s jealousy that causes the friction between them and makes Anakin eventually snap and become evil. Not the Sith. You know its got to be something with Obi-Wan checking out Padme and Obi-Wan plots to get rid of Anakin so he could try to steal Padme away. I can see it now ? Hey Anakin, come look at this? says Obi-Wan
    then Anakin steps up to the edge of the volcano and Obi-Wan pushes Anakin in from behind and gives him a few slashes in the back with his lightsaber.

4. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i'll have to dig out the article i found once on how the jedi order is all about lies.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Have we seen the same films?

Jango is a deadly killer. Even if you took his arm off, he would still get you. He is hardly an innocent. If you give him a chance, he will kill you. It is a war, you do what you must.

"size matters not" nor does age! It does not matter how old Dooku is, what matters is his ablity to use the force!

The Jedi do not steal children. The parents give them willingly. It is an honor to have your child taken as a Jedi. That Jedi will serve a greater good.

-Seldon

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Mace being a hotheaded Jedi was jealous Jango was able to take care of the Reek and Mace wanted the kudos for it, so he attcked Jango in a jealous rage for doing what he was incapable of doing basically turning poor Boba into an orphan. :_|

And scaring the poor boy for life.
    Watching your dad get beheaded like that on a father/son day must be horrible. :eek:

The Jedi do not steal children. The parents give them willingly. It is an honor to have your child taken as a Jedi. That Jedi will serve a greater good.

What!! :eek:

Sounds like a cult to me!!!! They got you convinced its for the greater good. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!

The Jedi lie ...don't be dupped by what they spoon feed yo.

7. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I'm taking it upon myself to start a new debate on the thread =)

In Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker defeats a rancor.
    In Attack of the Clones, Anakin Skywalker defeats an entire village of sand people.

Who has the bigger bragging rights?

8. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Luke gets the bragging rights. He had nothing but his wits while Anakin had a lightsaber. Anybody can take out a tribe of blood thirsty animals with a lightsaber, but to kill a creature 6 times your size with your bare hands...boy got skills!!

9. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    There is a pretty good fan film that should shed some light on the jedi/ sith debate.

Sith Apocalypse

10. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Anakin wiped out an entire tribe of Sand People that is no easy feat. He is still only one against a tribe lightsaber or not.

Luke? Well why didn't he use the force to shut door on Rancor instead of throwing a rock at panel?
    He did kill the Rancor but I could of threw that rock just as easily. And if Luke's Jedi skills were so good how come he got caught by that slow as molasses Rancor?

Luke has still got a way to go but not as far as old Wedge does to gain some respect. [face_laugh]

Ooops better watch out for those Wedge remarks. [face_mischief]

Help us Darth Moby your our only hope. Wedge fan club (conspiritors of the truth) will be upon us and our mission to bring the facts of Wedge will fail. :p

11. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Let me tell a little something about the *&^%$# **&^%$, Wedge. He makes blondes look smart, that %$#^&* *&^%$# &*&^%$ !!!!!!

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    This debate thread has just been taken to the next level. [face_laugh]

Ok Wedge fans ...bring the pain!!!
    We are ready for you. Your going down [face_devil]

13. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    A look at Wedge:
    * ANH - Took a shot and FLED the battle, unlike the other rebel pilots who gave their life for the cause. God rest your soul, Porkins.

* ESB - Flew the snowspeeder that took down the first walker. woohoo. Props to Jansen for making the shot.

* RotJ - Flew alongside the Falcon. Could have been anyone. My gandma could've made that shot the target was so big.

14. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Wedge. [face_laugh]

I still would like to see this toy.

They should of made an toy of Wedge's X-Wing Fighter with battle damaged engine. And a button on it that when you press it it says "Sorry" and kids can make it fly away from the trench

^^^^(recycled post of mine from a long time ago...)^^^^

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Oh man, if you don't be careful, The Rox might swoop down and steal your children! :p

16. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    "The Rox" is a Boston fairy tale!

We are not afraid of "The Rox"!

"The Rox" is afraid to know the truth about Wedge!

I will spread the truth!

Wedge is a coward and loser who was secretly wanting to join the Empire! The Empire rejected him based on his ineptness! He thought it would be cool to be a double agant, though he didn't actually have enough balls to do it!

17. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    *puts fingers in ears* LA LA LA I can't hear you!!

Speaking against Wedge is evil....a pox upon you and your family. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!!

18. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Erin,

*sigh*

You have so much to learn, but don't you worry. I will complete your training. Soon, you, like DarthLucanas, will spread the hated of Wedge.

19. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Your overconfidence is your weakness.

20. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Your faith in icon is your weakness.

21. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Unlike Vader, Wedge has no conflict.... at the first sight of the battle he takes cover and runs. [face_laugh]

Wedge: Uh...guys..yeah I lost one of my engines..I can't stay with you....sorry.
    ( Wedge thinks to himself : Whew!! Got out of another one.)

Example of Wedge's bravery cut from movie.

Wedge AHN - "Look at the size of that thing!!" [sounding like a frightened school girl]
    (Then Wedge wets his pants)
    Originally heard on raw footage,suspiciously not in final cut of film ;)

Another conspiracy uncovered.

22. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    And where was he when Luke's speeder went down? What kind of "friend" is that?

23. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    shesh you guys are obsessed with wedge. I think your negative feelings towards him are just a manifestation of how much you love him.

24. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have to go with the Wedge is a coward side. Granted, his ship was damaged and he would have died if he stayed but he could have made that death count for something. Why didn't he throw his ship into reverse and try and take Vader and the other fighters out? Sure he would have died but it would have given Biggs and Luke more time to take out the Death Star and save everyone on Yavin.

In Return of the Jedi there was an A-Wing pilot that rammed the bridge of the Executor and destroyed it. That took real courage and dedication. :)

25. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Jeff,

It looks like the Wedge Secret Society on Truth and Cover Up got to you too. You poor misguided soul...come let us show you the truth on the cover up.
    This goes deeper than alot of people know.
    Just open your mind to the truth.

Wedge should of never made it past flight school.
    He was the only guy who had a plastic cover lining inside of his simulator...oh yeah it's true.
    ( piddle , piddle )

He was always the first to try to talk his way out of a mission.

You ever notice how we never saw Wedge after the Death Star was destroyed in ANH?

He was back putting newspapers down in the cockpit of his X-wing and couldn't attend the ceremony for real heros, not ones who bail because of an engine is gone? [face_laugh]

But I guess the Rebellion was real short on pilots so they kept him on plus Wedge's dad I heard was on an oversite committee and did a little paper shuffling for his little pilot boy coward and hid his son's flight record and had it altered. :eek:

Thers more but we in the know on Wedge must release the information a little at a time.

The Truth is out there....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.