main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Expanded Universe Books

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by BobaFett22, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett22

BobaFett22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2005
    I need some good advice on this subject. I have been a fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember. I know the PT and OT pretty much by heart, as I'm sure most of us in here do as well. I have limited knowledge of the expanded universe. I would like to start reading as many of the books as I can. I need advice on where to start. A friend of mine, who has read a few told me to start from the beginning, which he thought were the Jedi Apprentice Series. I was unable to locate them at the bookstore near me. Are these the books I should start with, or is there a better starting place? It's a two part question, I guess: Where in the timeline should I start,and what is the name of the book(s)and or series to look for. Thank you for any hep in advance.

Sorry for an unnecessary post...I found exactly what I was looking for within this site after the post...Thank You

2. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/starwars/timeline.html

read from bottom of page up for series in order .....

3. MLF

MLF Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2005
    I would start with the Timothy Zahn "Heir To The Empire" novel first. From there, jump around and read the really good ones. The Jedi Academy Trilogy and Han Solo Trilogy are my personal favs. Tackle the New Jedi Order books sometime definitley.

4. BobaFett22

May 21, 2005
    Thank U, JediMaster and MLF for the advice. I have a lot to read no matter which order I go about it...lol

5. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    one thing you MUST DO ....
    BEFORE you read : THE NEW JEDI ORDER

Read ROGUE PLANET !!!!!!

they connect one a special way .... RP has Anakin as a padawan learner while NJO is Luke's era....

Edit : and of course you have to read my storyline in Jan. 06 BEfore you read Survivor's Quest....

:)

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah, the Zahn books are a great place to start.
    Definately give Shadows of the Empire a whirl too. It takes place between ESB + Jedi.

7. BobaFett22

May 21, 2005
    Thanx for more imput. I just ordered the Jedi Tales graphic novels. I was able to find five which most Star Wars timelines agree are the oldest and first books on Star Wars,set some 4000 years or so before Yavin. I also purchased Cloak of Deception, Republic Commando, Shatterpoint,Yoda:Dark Rendezvous and lastly, Labyrinth of Evil. These books lead into TPM then go through the PT era up to the start of ROTS I'm told. I decided to read based on the timeline as best I can. I can't wait to check out the titles u guys have mentioned. Rogue Planet and especially the bridge book between TESB and ROTJ! Thanks again.

8. BobaFett22

May 21, 2005
    Just purchased "Darth Maul:Shadow Hunter" as well.

9. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    I got DARK LORD : RISE OF DARTH VADER for XMAS.. finished that in a week ...
    I then got SW DARK NEST III : SWARM WAR .... I am almost done with that ... on chapter 20 already.... Almost at the final fight / climax of book... I should have that done by Monday night. Then I have to wait a few weeks for OUTBOUND FLIGHT and reading my demise...

10. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    tuesday is the big day... I wonder how fast I will read the entire book. or if I get interaction with OBI-WAN and ANAKIN ..... days until I find out..

11. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    correction .. it got released today ... in states.. Canada got it yesterday...

Excerpt from chapter 14... which I flipped to .. LOL

" Jedi Master Justyn Ma'Ning is in charge of this particular Dreadnaught," C'baoth said as they headed aft. " I believe you spoke with him at the First Night dinner."
    " Yes, we chatted for a few minutues," Obi-Wan said." I thought Commander Omano was in charge of Dreadnaught-Four." " I meant that Master Ma'Ning was in charge of Jedi operations and activites," C'baoth said. " He should be back in Conference Room Four with his two Jedi Knights and a select group of families. Let's go see how they're doing."

from what I have been told by Rosemary who was in Survivor's Quest.. I am in and out from pg 191 to 395

Now will I also be in EU listings ??? -- time will tell

12. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Very cool Justin! Congrats :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.