main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidSouth Star Wars Fan Day October 20 & 21 in Plano, TX

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Star Wars Fan Day Highlights Include:
    Meet STAR WARS actors and special guests.
    Official stop of the very popular FAN CLUB Breakfast.
    Meet talented STAR WARS comic artists!
    Hear the latest news direct from Lucasfilm?s own Steve Sansweet on the upcoming CLONE WARS cartoon series, & live action TV project!
    Exclusive OfficialPix merchandise & more!

Tickets: PIck the admission that is right for you! Choose from VIP, SpeedPass, or our FREE General Admission ticket. One benefit of both VIP and SpeedPass is early entry on Saturday at 10am into the exhibit hall. Additional details on the limited VIP and SpeedPass tickets coming soon!

When: Saturday 11am-6pm, Sunday 12noon-5pm. As an added benefit, VIP and SpeedPass will be allowed into the exhibit hall and the autograph room at 10am on Saturday.

Where: Plano Convention Center (just north of Dallas) located at 2000 E Spring Creek Parkway in Plano.

Who:

Special Guests
    Steve Sansweet - Lucasfilm?s Director of Content & Fan Club Relations, Author: STAR WARS Poster Book & More!

Media Guests
    Amy Allen - Aayla Secura
    Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett/Lt.Sheckil/Captain Colton
    Anthony Forrest - Stormtrooper/Fixer
    Julian Glover - General Veers/(Indy Jones) Donovan
    Dave Prowse - OT Darth Vader
    Tim Rose - Admial Ackbar/Salicious Crumb/Sy Snootles
    Bruce Spence - Tion Medon/Road Warrior 2/The Matrix
    Mike Quinn - Nien Nunb/Jabba Puppeteer

Clones Wars Cartoon
    Grey DeLisle - Voices Assaji/Padme/Shaak Ti
    Tom Kane - Voice of Yoda

Comic Guests
    Tom Hodges - STAR WARS Webstrip, Topps Sketch-cards, Illustrator ?You Can Draw STAR WARS?
    Cat Staggs - Topps Sketch-cards, Star Wars Halloween masks, STAR WARS Celebration Prints, & more.
    Joe Corroney - Topps Sketch-cards, STAR WARS Empire Comic, 24, Star Trek, Celebration Prints, & more.

Travel Assistance: Both DFW International and Dallas Love field airports are within a 30 minute shuttle trip to Plano. Shuttle service can be reserved at supershuttle.com. We have several hotels in the immediate area. Click here for a list of hotels and their availability.

Autographs Explained: Before getting an autograph from our media guests. you must first purchase autograph coupons/tickets. Standard autograph coupons are $10.00 each, and the actors will require a set number of coupons for each autograph. Licensed 8x10 inch STAR WARS photos will also be available for purchase from $5.00 each at the Official Pix booth in the main lobby. Special limited autograph tickets will be required for our headline guests.

Exhibitors: Click here for the floorplan and links to reserve booth space.
    Hasbro
    Cartamundi

Links: http://www.scifiexpo.com/dcc/SFX.html

2. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
  3. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Heya girl, am I finally going to be able to meet you???

So I was inquiring about this over at the Rebel Legion, will any of the local Fan Force's going to have something like a table at SWFD in Plano? Has anyone approached Ben about doing this??? Just a thought. Just wondering if there will be this opportunity to promote our groups....

Besides, the Austin Fan Force does not want to be the only one that is not represented (if this is being done)and we've got a nice banner to put to use! ;) [face_cowboy]

Would any other groups be interested?

4. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I'm all for it. I have thought about asking Ben but I wasn't sure if anyone else was interested.

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Since we've got a group from Arkansas coming to this one... We could contribute to a Fan table?

Maybe not a whole table ourselves but, we could sort of combine with other Fan Force's?

Anyone interested in something like that?

6. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    Sounds good to me. If we could get our own tables that would be cool too. But a General FanForce table would be fine by me. I would volunteer some time and cuold probably get some volunteers from Austin.

7. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I think we should have a Mid South table. So who wants to be the contact person? I will if no one else wants to.

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I can help you with anything that you need for that.

Just let me know what you need me to do.

(You're always there when we need you) so it's the least we can do...

9. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Guest List Update:

8/26/07 Bruce Spence will be working on a new musical in Australia (Floyd Robins) until the Christmas season and is now unable to attend. We hope to replace both Bruce and Julian with new faces soon.

8/25/07 Julian Glover will be playing the Duke of Wellington in the film the Young Victoria during our event and can no longer attend. We look forward to seeing Mr. Glover in 2008.

10. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    If other groups are joining in, I'll see about helping out with y'all to represent the DFWFF.

I also train in karate, and have important out-of-town seminars that have been happening on the same weekends, so have missed the last several cons. Well, that and being a school teacher who is behind in grading papers [face_beatup]

Think it was the last Plano show I was able to attend, purchased a book written by the mother of one of the Sci-Fi Expo organizers that has been helpful in surviving the teaching profession, lol!

At the very least, would like to do dinner or go out later that night with any in-town FF'ers if my schedule is clear that weekend.

Will mention it to the rest of the group, but DFW had a falling out with Sci-Fi Expo staff after working to put on costume contests and other events to liven up the Expo and receiving "red-headed stepchild" kind of treatment in return. Even though that was a few years ago, there is still a general dislike voiced by several members when I mention attending the shows.

That being said, in the interest of getting together with fellow fans, I'd love to make it out, even as the sole local representative, if someone is planning to organize getting a table.

11. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    We'd love to have you Brian.

So thats Arkansas contingent, Dallas, Waco and Austin... Not bad. Just want to at least have something to promote our groups for attendees who for some reason don't know about the Fan Force.

Anyone have any ideas about some more low-key activities we could do that might make it a little more interesting for the fans???

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Trivia? Scavenger hunt (like with permission place a star wars sticker somewhere and if they find it or see it come to table and give location and get a sucker or something like that???)

Just some ideas I thought I'd throw out there?

13. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Great news! We have a FanForce table.

14. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    Fantastic! I will mention this at our meeting this weekend! i still haven't dtermined whether Pete would want to do it... will see...

15. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    No big if they don't. I mentioned to Ben some of the ideas hyperspace_police had but I'm not sure how receptive Ben will be.

I requested the FanForce banner and I am going to ask all the other MidSouth chapters for flyers.

Any ideas for the table itself?

My husband and I were thinking about looping all the Star Wars movie trailers together 1977-2005 and playing them on a laptop.

16. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Whhoooo Hoooooo now I'm really excited about going to this show.

I can't wait to meet everyone.

17. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I saw the post from jedimelis, off of the Houston FF board and I'm game if anyone needs help at the table for the con as I'm still planning on going there for the full weekend.
    Just let me know.

18. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    I am glad you could join us Danpa! I look forward to meeting you!

So should be maybe think about a dinner or lunch on say Saturday evening?

19. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I'm open for lunch or dinner type thing. It looks like I'm going to this con solo, so I'll be pretty much open that weekend.

20. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Dinner would be better. We can't leave the table unmanned during show hours.

21. Xacuteorder66

Xacuteorder66 Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2007
    This is going to be a kickass event. check the Scifi Expo site. they've recently added more guest like Daniel Logan, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, and Matthew Wood you know the voice of General Greivous. They were'nt on the original lineup.hope to see lots of you guys from the DFWFF there. "May The Force Be With You" Here's the link for the Scifi Expo http://www.scifiexpo.com/dcc/SFX-Attending-Guests.html

22. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Matt Wood is really great, got to see him most recently at Dragon*Con.

Will start scouting dinner locations soon.

23. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    So, what activities do we think will work well for on the convention floor???? Lets bat around some ideas..

I am planning on bringing some donations for prizes for any sort of contests? I might see if some of our members may have some really nice ones to add to our donations.

I am working on printing up some more flyers for my group, its probably enough time before the event?. So if people are low on their flyers, its probably a good time to look into it and this should be a primo event to promote our groups!

Any other ideas?

24. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Got an email from Ben tonight. He has asked so to supply some volunteers to sit with some the guests and assist them. I?m going to ask for some more details but is anyone interested in helping out?

So we need to like jedimelis said come up with some ideas about actives we would like to do. I think it would be best if we had a plan to take to Ben.

I like the idea of a trivia contest or a scavenger hunt.

25. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    We can definitely find some volunteers from amoung our groups for that... I bet everyone that is going from Austin with a few exceptions have all been recruited by Anne to sit with guests in past conventions... It would be cool if your groups and any people here in Austin who haven't done it yet got first dibs though... Its really a treat.

Yeah, a Trivia Contest would be cool, would it be something we could do at the table at some particular time? Or could we manage some stage time possibly?? We could even have different levels of Trivia so as not to intimidate some of the less knowledgable fans too!!

Scavenger hunt, that would be cool too... So what type of one? Where you just have to go around finding stuff on a list or one were you have to figure out clues which then lead you on the hunt, which leads to another clue? (Like the Kessel Run at C4?)

Man, I'm not sure if any of my people who have projectors have been active as of late... Maybe we could go so far as to have the movie projected on a screen or in the very least ona monitor perhaps (going with Amidalla Starkiller's idea about looping the movies).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.