main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fan Music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by RONDC20, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    yeah, i listened to a couple before.... they are very nice.
    It is obvious you have put a lot of time and effort into them, and well done :D

2. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I like to write themes for different people, but I do it differently than JW. Instead of having a generally repeating pattern, I try to write a long, always-different piece that describes the character of the person. So if you were looking to put a piece of music with a person at a certain time in their life, you would take a certain piece of the music. I am currently working on a piece for Anakin Solo.

See about posting some more music up, I'd like to hear it.

3. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    yeah, cool :D

i am figuring out which of my songs is best to upload next.....

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Jedi_Alman, just so you know I haven't forgotten this thread. I just don't know whether or not I'll be contributing any time soon because most of my composing right now is going into writing the score for my fan film, Madness of the Gods. I really like what you did with the A&T and Jacen themes; I have yet to listen to Jaina's. I wait for Anakin's eagerly!

-Paul

5. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    I will finish Anakin's theme whenever I can. But I need to find a way to put up Tahiri's Theme. I don't think I have enough room on Geocities.

6. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, I posted up Tahiri's theme on my geocities site, but I had to take down Jacen's Theme. You can still find that posted up over at Acrossthestars.net, though.

7. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    I really need some help right now, all opinions wanted. I really want to write a piece right now, but to do it, I need a distinctive theme for the Yuuzhan Vong. I can write one, but I cannot think of what instrument to use for the melody. I have a timpani tapping out a beat for the background, but I really need a lead instrument. Please, tell me your thoughts.

8. RONDC20

RONDC20 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2001
    Hello

Well Im glad to see this topic take off.All your ideas are great, but why has no one taken My music ideas into consideration.

This is in reguards to what some of you are doing with the New Jedi Order series. While I think this is fine, but I think that there should be themes composed for the Timothy Zahn. Thrawn Trilogy of Novels with themes for Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade and Joruus C'Baoth and also a theme depicting the Nohgri

The theme for Mara Jade should be melon collie and sad, It should sound simular to the Force theme or Qui-Gon Jinn's theme.

Thrawn's theme should be the typical evil theme with a military sound very much like the Imperial March.

The theme for C'Boath should sound dark and brooding and evil, very much like the Emperor's/Darth Sidius's theme.

The Nohgri theme should be dark aswell.

There should also be music for some of the action sequences in the Novels mixing Classic John Williams Star Wars themes with the new themes composed.

I feel strongly about including already established classic Star Wars Themes in all of this music.

The Star Wars Main Theme
    The Force Theme
    The Imperial March
    Princess Leia's theme
    Love theme for Han Solo and Leia
    The Rebel Fanfare

These themes would of course be mixed with all of the new themes you guys are composing.

Ronald C

9. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Right now I am enjoying working with the NJO. I haven't read Zahn's books in a long time. If you were to come up with more detailed ideas of what you think these things should sound like, I might try to write a few things. Right now I am still trying to score the main scene of SbS, though.

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Time for a shameless plug.

Brian Sadler's (@#?!ing awesome!) complete score for RUN LEIA RUN is available at the film's Web site -- http://www.runleiarun.com. Click "Music".

He also has his own Web site, http://www.sadlersongs.com, where you can get his music, some of which is SW-inspired.

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. RONDC20

RONDC20 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2001

Ok well basically what I have in mind is themes for the characters in the Thrawn trilogy of books.

Let's begin with a Theme for Grand Admiral Thrawn. Now initialy I would start the piece with a statement of the Imperial March and the suge into what would be Thrawn's Theme.

For his theme I would say that it should sound simular to the Imperial March but of course still different. It should sound powerfull and cold and calculating, just like Thrawn is

The theme for C'Boath should sound dark and brooding and evil, very much like the Emperor's/Darth Sidius's theme, but it should also have a crazy sound to it as the character is insane.

The theme for Mara Jade should be melon collie and sad, It should sound simular to the Force theme or Qui-Gon Jinn's theme.It needs to be able to be played heroicly as well.

There should also be a theme for the Nohgri.This theme should be dark aswell.

There should also be music for some of the action sequences in the Novels mixing Classic John Williams Star Wars themes with the new themes composed.

I feel strongly about including already established classic Star Wars Themes in all of this music.

The Star Wars Main Theme
    The Force Theme
    The Imperial March
    Princess Leia's theme
    Love theme for Han Solo and Leia
    The Rebel Fanfare

These themes would of course be mixed with all of the new themes you guys are composing.

I hope that helps

Ronald C

12. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
  13. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Aw, Boogie, maybe he just likes the Smashing Pumpkins a lot....

:)

14. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    true. i should not be the one to pick on people's spelling, as i will probably get the most dictionary.com put-downs of you all :p

15. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    On the off chance that someone care, I wrote a YV theme. It's nothing special, but it serves it's purpose for the music I want to write. The only instrumentation that I used was Timpani and Crash Cymbal.

16. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Way back on page one this was posted:

I actually had a thread with a near identical title a little while ago. I got a Cakewalk (a music creation program) and I am still trying to make a good-sounding theme for Anakin and Tahiri.

Where can I find that program? And is it any good?

17. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    I like the program. It has a learning curve, but it allows you to do quite a bit. You can download the program from Kazaa or another such PtP program.

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    None of those links are working on the first page. (50 posts per page)

19. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    RONDC20, do you know a game called TIE Fighter? This game has a theme for Thrawn (but the music is in midi format).

Its beginning makes you think that you are going to listen to the I.March, and then it becomes something different.

20. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm still working off and on on a piece. I like how it sounds so far, though.

As for the links, the person that put them up is no longer hosting them. I could give you the ones that I wrote, but I don't know about everyone else's.

21. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    So . . . what news?

I'm looking for some new and different music to use in an upcoming project, so I thought I'd inquire here.

22. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    What is your project over?

I finally finished my scoring of Anakin Solo's death scene. Actually, I'm putting the finishing touches on it. It's going on eight minutes long.

23. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Well, Jedi_Alman, my project is actually a fanfilm. It's set about twenty years after the Battle of Ruusan and the foundation of the "New" Sith Order (Rule of Two and all that jazz). The primary players are the Sith (naturally) and the Jedi (obviously) and a bounty hunter who, for some reason, really hates Jedi.

The two settings are Coruscant and an as-yet-unnamed woodland planet; I plan on two lightsaber duels; oh, and there are children being trained by the Jedi, as well. So I want to work in sort of a musical montage of their training.

Yes, it's the standard fare fanfilm with the high possibility of cheesiness . . . but I hope it works out.

It's not so much that I want new songs for this . . . I just want to find something different, and since ya'll are so talented (I've listened to every file linked here that is still where the link said it was) I wanted to see what I could use.

But if anyone is interested in composing a new piece or two to help me out, let me know and I'll try to work out a mutually beneficial deal.

Thanks. :)

24. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Now that I've finished this latest project of mine, I am looking for a new piece of music to work on. I've learned a great deal more about my composition program by writing this latest piece. So I guess that I would be willing to help however you need it.

25. JonathonVandergriff

JonathonVandergriff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2000
    Heyieo (I'm tired of the regular "hello") everyone.

I'm getting ready to do some more work for fan films. My mp3.com page is permanently down (I hated the service and they didn't want me there anymore) so I'm looking for new temporary hosting until I get my site up. But, the good news is that I'm upgrading my samples and my system.

I'm taking on three projects, so if you want in, now's the time. Once again, I'm doing it all for free (just because it's so much fun!). Each project must require less than 10 minutes of music (5 is about median), not be in a rush, and have a cool premise (chase scenes are the thing I'm most interested in).

So, if you're looking for some music and want to have really good production values (almost live!) private mesage me or email me at JVandergriff@kc.rr.com

(just in case you still want to hear my stuff, it's at www.mp3.com/jjvh/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.