main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Star Wars Guests @ CCEE 2011

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    The first Star Wars guest has been announced and it is none other then Darth Vader himself David Prowse. Nice addition to the guest list since he was not at C5.

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Cool. Where did you hear this, Dooks? Just checked the CCEE site and it doesn't look to be updated with his info.

I'm sure the 501st will be quite pleased to have Vader himself here!

3. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Announced on there facebook page.

4. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    i'm not sure if the 501st can do anything with him after what went down before C5.. i remember reading Albin's post about not having pics or doing stuff while suited up..

5. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    If any of you have not met Dave Prowse, I've always found him friendly and courteous.
    He also has some great stories about his film carerr, not just SW.

eg he trained Christopher Reeve for the 1st Superman movie (Prowse used to be a body builder)
    He did say once he was writing a book about his life, but I don't know if he ever did.
    Nice guy to chat to, and always a nice addition to a SW autograph collection. He always signs 'Dave Prowse is Darth Vader.'
    He shouldn't be expensive either. ..probably about $30 I'd guess....but that IS a guess.
    Vinny

6. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Here is what Albin had to say about Prowse coming to Calgary and the Badlands...

Dave Prowse is still our Honorary Leader and you can accommodate him in full regalia. There's nothing we hold against him - it's only if Lucasfilm is hosting something that they've asked us not to make a public display of 501st endorsement of any rival shows that Dave may be at. Not likely that happens very often - that was only a concern at CV. So please do your best to show Dave that the 501st is in FULL support of him and his place as our honorary leader - Badlands could single-handedly help repair the PR damage between us and Dave and that would be wonderful!

So there you have it....
    Party time!!!

7. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Who's Albin?
    Vinny

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Albin Johnson is the founder of the 501st organization, Vinny.

9. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Just a heads up that Prowse has cancelled his apperance at this year's show. Here's hoping for a replacement SW guest for the show this year. All the info is on the main site www.calgaryexpo.com.

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Was kinda expecting this. He's apparently going for surgery before the show and there was some concern about whether or not he'd be able to travel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.