main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Haters, Whats up with them?????

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by DarksiderGeorge, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I want to generate some serious posting on people who love to hate Star Wars and the fans who love it. Personally, I feel that we, the Star Wars fans are under attack from the "Haters". These are fools who hide behind the internet and fire off insults to people they dont even know. I get people telling me about the Spiderman vs. Star Wars epII money making battle. I could care less how much the movies gross!!! I dont live for putting coin in George Lucas' pocket!! People need to chill out and let us have our fun. As a secondary topic,I would like to see some posts on who is everybody's favorite darksider. Hopefully it would be yours truly!!! :D

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    you are our favorite darksider! :D and yes i have noticed an increasingly amound of star wars haters/bashers here on tf.n boards... most of them newbies as well... i'm sick and tired of it! there should be a law where they all die! [face_devil]

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    ive noticed too. even some of my friends bash star wars. but i dont care cause i like star wars and i dont care what anyone else thinks cause i know there are people out there who like star wars as much as i do if not more!

4. Jedi-Squire-R2

Jedi-Squire-R2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2001
    if it makes you feel any better, i love star wars....=) loved it when i was a kid....love it still.....i think that people purposely just try to make fans angry....just to get a rise out of them. i noticed that people tend to think that only nerds watch star wars and love it. why? because of the science fiction? what is so wrong with loving star wars? nothing could make me stop liking it...so those lame ass people can say whatever they want to...

5. Jedi-Squire-R2

Jedi-Squire-R2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2001
    although.....it does kind of make me angry...and want to hurt them badly when they do talk bad about star wars....i get the feeling of needing to argue some scence into them...

6. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    arguing is only wasting time! just ignore them, and they will go away! i think that new comers into this site should be screened first, before beeing allowed to post... seriously!

7. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I myself have noticed an increasing amount of anti-Star Wars people. Over at the Spawn.com Sports Board, there was a post started to rag on AOTC for needing 4 days to amass more $$ than Spider-Man did in its opening 3 days. My question is: Who gives a rats'??? Sure, it is great to see the fans turn out, and the movie make money (Who doesn't want to see Titanic toppled??), BUT, is it really the end all, tell all on the quality of the movie?? Personally, I think AOTC was one of the greatest yet in the Star Wars saga. But, I tend to feel that way everytime I see a new Star Wars film. Truly, I do feel AOTC was one of the finest Star Wars films yet. My favorite movie in the saga up until AOTC was Empire Strikes Back. AOTC had the feel of ESB, but with so much more Jedi action. The media just needs to create a false sense of rivalry, and what better way than to pit 2 totally unrelated genres against one another?? Yay to Spidey for finally breaking the "Movies based on comics suck" curse, but it doesn't have anything at all to do with Star Wars or us, the fans of Star Wars.

Favorite darksider?? Look at my avatar :D (Although it is a horrible version of him)

8. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I know!! That is so unbeliveably rude!! It's like anything else, I guess, if enough people like something, some people cant handle other people being happy and have to ruin it. I mean, I like Spidy fine and I'm a Star Wars Junkie - what's the problem???

9. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    One other aspect of the hating that hasn't been mentioned here is the anti-costumers. Those of us who do decide to go to the Star Wars viewings in costume are constantly ridiculed by the press, non-fans, and general public as "losers", "freaks", "dorks", and "weirdos". Why the Hell do you concern yourself with people that aren't in any way, shape, or form affecting your life?? Why do you take the time and energy to point, stare, and sneer when you could just use that same energy to go about your business? I see dressing up as a Jedi to go and see a Star Wars movie the same as I see wearing your favorite team's jersey to go to their game. I don't honestly see a difference.

10. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    I agree, the weakminded have always wanted to pick on the enlightened. The motto is... "Keep up the costuming, my GF is creating new clothing to fit more into the SW style"

Slowly but surely she plans to integrate them into mainstream fashion.

11. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    My fave darksider is the pre-mask Vader, you know before the Epic battle with the lava pit and Anakin...yeah. Probably because Hayden Christenson is SOOOOOOOO incredibly HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT [face_love]!!!!!!!

I don't think there are too too many SW haters, even though one of my friends refuses to talk to me when i I talk about it. Most of my school went to see it in the first 2 weeks it was in theaters, AND we had a resident hacker at our school selling DVDs. He got 100 orders in about four hours!

Take THAT you evil SW haters!!!!!

12. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Jedi-Roxy, Im afraid there are many Star Wars haters, the sad part is that you dont have to look far to notice them. Almost as bad as the haters, are the fair weather fans. Just because there is a movie out, they jump on the bandwagon. I really despise that! Of course the upside is that we can score figs real cheap after the hype dies off!! For a true fan the "hype" never dies!!! Lets keep this thread going , yes?

13. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i have always been a fan, as far back as i could remember! please, if i ever hate star wars, kill me!

14. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Yeah, I notice alot of fair weather fans too. They get excited about the movies and some of the products and then 3 months later, they just loose the excitement. It's just not FAIR!

I saw alot of true fans loose faith when TPM came out. That is justifiable. I almost lost faith after that movie. But I kept with it.

That is a true fan. No matter HOW bad it gets, you keep on believing!

15. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
  16. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i didnt think TPM what that bad... sure jar jar is annoying but i learned to block him out... the music wasnt that great either, but DOTF made up for it!

17. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    I am reading "Using the Force", it is dedicated to the fans that never lose faith and dont need the hype of the films to keep the creative juices flowing, IN FACT, the fans in the book make their own movies, whooo!!

18. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Looks like I missed out an another extension of this topic! Ah, the "fair weather fan. There are many like this in the SW Fan Community. Your level of freakness should never die. It's like when people stop rooting for their favorite team because they are losing. That's bull. I can understand being disappointed in the movie and subsequently leaving the SW fanbase (Although I cannot agree with it!! No SW movies suck!), but you shouldn't hype up just when the movies come out. That's trash.

19. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i want to make my own sw movie, its just that i do not have the high quality camera and sound equipment that would suite my needs. hehe. oh yeah also... i dont have a story, and i'd need more than 2 or 3 people to act in it.

20. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! My thread is all patriotic with all the red, white, and blue colors, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! We can keep the red, but the rest has to go!!

21. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    My eyes are bleeding as well, DSGeorge. What gives!? Change them back, change them back!!

22. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    If I had control of the colors, I would immediately!!

23. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    dear god, why all the colors??????

24. mgragor

mgragor Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    You do get some over-zealous weirdoes about though. i mean, where's the point in finding every possible fault in something and harping on about it. If you don't like star wars - fine - you can ignore it and live your life in peace. just don't keep on about every negative thing you can think of.

25. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I actualy like TPM, the more I watch it, the better it gets!! Ugh... patriotic colors *gag*. I wanna make a fan film too, I'm in the very very very early script phase. How dose this sound: Star Wars Episode II, Attack of the Gnomes? Mwa ha ha ha!! This is gonna take a llllllllloooooooooooooooooottttttttt of lawn gnomes!!! Erg, and a camera... and a whole bunch of other vital equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.