main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Obi-Wan21, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Syrem was knocked to the ground by the Hutt's tail. He got up quickly and rushed back into battle. He sent rocks and dust into the Hutts over sized eyes

TAG: JEDI, Mark of the beast

2. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    The Hutt bellowed in pain and anger when the dust hit his eyes, blinding him. Vash attempted to scrub away the dust, but only succeeded in irritating the flesh. The Jedi's lightsabers cut off chunks of his shell, but Vash maneuvered back and away, keeping the vulnerable areas protected. Reaching out through the force, the Stampede activated a pair of lasers contained within his shell, using the Force to guide their bolts at the Jedi.

A blast of force energy was summoned to one hand, aimed in the general direction of the peskier of the Jedi. The Hutt released the energy, sending with it a wall of compressed air and pebbles and dirt. Still trying to clear his eyes, Vash called a pillar of flame from the skies down upon the Jedi with the taint of the dark side. Force lightening lanced from beneath the Hutt's shell, directed at every Jedi still in the area. The Hutt's anger was feeding his stregnth, making him more determined to harm the Jedi.

3. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Greg-Wan ran as fast as he could, but the injury on his leg was slowing him down. He looked back and he could see the trail of blood that he was leaving.

4. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya turned to make sure that everyone was keeping up, and saw Greg-Wan lagging behind. She sprinted back to him. Inspecting his wounds, she asked, "Are you alright? Can you make it to the outskirts, Jedi?"

tag: obi-wan21

5. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    "Yeah. I should be able to make it. By the way, the names Greg-Wan," said Greg-Wan as he started to walk.

6. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya nodded, burning the name into her memory. "Greg-Wan. I am Raisya." She looked back down the dark street, watching the light from the sabers playing against the walls. "Come, we must hurry."

7. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai felt the wall of heat just moments before it reached him, the superconducted thermal blast drawing trails of sweat on his bare arms. The Jedi strafed sideways, running up the side of a wall and flipping over the top of the blast but just barely. He felt a burning sensation sear past his left arm and a trail of ruby blood was gushing from him and onto the floor of the demolished alley.

He landed and brought his blade to bear, springing forward towards the Hutt, striking downdwards with his blade as he landed on the Hutt's back. The green edge of his saber slashed the Hutt across his forearm and he gurgled something akin to an annoyed groan. Kai jumped off him and crouched low, facing his foe. He smiled wickedly.

The Dark Jedi had come to the surface.

Concentrating, he called to the Force and switched his language to Huttese as opposed to Basic.

["You're skilled with the Force, Master Hutt. I can see many an opponent will of underestimated you. For the record, I'm Kai Halicon. I believe you should always know the name of the person you're fighting."]

The Hutt said nothing, but made a deep, rumbling chuckle.

I wonder if he even suspects I'm more like him than he thinks...

"You'll go no futher than here, Sith. I'm the last bastion between you and those Jedi who'll be off Ryloth in minutes. I doubt you'll let me go, but I'm going to make sure that neither of us walks away from here."

Kai backed his way into the main quad that interlocked the streets around the bar. He could hear the screams of those in pain in his head, but he shut them out. All that mattered now was defeating the armoured slug. He was concerned about he battle more than he'd expected - the Hutt was unlike anyone he'd ever fought before.

He raised his blade over his head, strands of hair blowing around himself as he circled the Hutt, his lightsaber held in a Form 4 en-gaurd stance.

He waited for the Hutt to strike next, but part of him hoped that his friends were alright.

Tag: Vash

8. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    "I'm still new to being a Jedi. It's not as easy as I thought. I was just a pilot and soldier for the Republic and then I found out that I had the Force strong in me. And now I'm a young Jedi Master. This war is harder then I thought," Greg-Wan said as he looked at the blood on his hand.

9. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya nodded as they hurried down the street. "Yes, war is hard. And horrible." She had come from a culture where people looked out for others before themselves, and war smacked that belief in the face.

She looked at Greg-Wan's wounds once again. "We must get to the ship quickly. Your injuries are worse than I first suspected."

10. 6-6-6

Oct 24, 2002
    "It is noooo matter. I caaan always fiiind the Jeeedaaiii again. I will take muuuch pleeaasure in killling youu today." Vash reached down into the ground, using a grip on the Force to pull apart a crack in the earth which spread quickly to the Jedi. As the tainted one leapt out of the way of the quickly widening crack, the blasters built into Vash's armor directed their fire at the Jedi. The Hutt pushed the repulsors foreward, moving his shell towards the Jedi. A sulferous blade ignited in Vash's hands, ready to strike down the Hutt at the first possible chance. With the blasters still firing, Vash's tail swung around Kai as the Hutt's lightsaber was thrust at his torso.

11. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kilometres above the Jedi, Vash and Kai, the astromech designated KB187 piloted The Rogue Knight towards the signal of the comlink that Kai had given Raisya. The droid had transferred all of The Valiant's programmes and personnal effectst over to the new ship and the little robot was already at home in the newer vessel.

The Knight's computer told him they were close to the signal, but a bio-scan indicated that Kai was not the one holding the comlink any longer. KB187 remained curious but knew his master would not give the comlink to anyone he didn't trust so he'd best treat the holder like an honored guest.

The ship banked hard right and flew towards the source of the signal.

OOC: Raisya is pretty much in charge of my ship for the time being.

---------------------------------------------

IC: Again, the Hutt's speed astonished the Jedi as it lunged at him in a dual-attack, both blade and tail. Kai caught the blade on his own, the Hutt's strength formidable but he managed to hold it back.

The tail moved like a whip, wrapping around him, constricting his liver and kidneys. He gasped out loud and loosed his grip on his blade, the weapon falling from his hands and disengaging. The Hutt's tail continued to squeeze him and through his dilating vision, he saw the glow of the Hutt's dulled golden saber coming for him again.

Kai grit his teeth and screamed out, the Force behind his voice as he bellowed in agony. His blood boiled as he shook like a possessed man as the Hutt drew him closer for the killing strike. He felt the snap of two ribs breaking and more possibly to go.

Inches away from the Hutt's gaping maw, he smelled the rancid odour of the last meal the monster Sith had ingested. Repelling the urge to gag, he smiled weakly.

The Hutt shot him a bemused look and pulled him closer.

Kai squinted through bloodshot eyes.

"....You're not the only one.....who can use the Dark Side...."

And with that, he grabbed the Vash the Stampede on either side of the Hutt's huge forehead and realeased dual bolts of ragged electrical fury into the Hutt's brain, pouring all his anger and rage into to his attack. The Force lightning only lasted a few seconds but it was enough to shock the Hutt into releasing Kai and backing off.

The young Jedi fell to the ground, bloody and broken as the disorientated Hutt tried to regain himself. Kai could only hope that his attack had been enough.....

It was only then, in the distance of the alleyway, that he saw the silhouette of humananoid form, indistinct in the darkness, save the glow of the lightsaber in their hands....

12. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    OOC: well, hey, that's always good. "honored guest".... like that. :D

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: No worries,corellian_chic242,our characters are interacting well.

6-6-6, I'm gonna be away for about two days so I'd appreciate it if you could hold off this battle please until I get back? I'd like our combat to continue for another post or two as the fight scenes are really well detailed but I've got a weekend away coming up in about an hour and no PC access (damn work conferences!)

Feel free to keep the rest of it flowing, I've left my ship and droid available for use so do as you see fit. Maybe you Jedi want to head back to Dantooine to get some backup?

Do we have any Sith players still participating besided Vash the Stampede?

Thanks to all - great posting lately, this thread is really coming along nicely.

-Kai-

:D

14. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    All the Jedi reached the end of the street where it went two ways. "Well. This is where we split up. My ship is that way," Greg-Wan said pointing to the right. "My team can come with me and we'll meet back on Dantooine."

15. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    OOC: i won't be around for about a week. obi-wan21 has my permission to control raisya while i'm gone.

16. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Right, back now.

IC: Kai strained his weak eyes to make out the figure that appeared behind the lumbering form of the Hutt. It was the slim, cloaked form of a female, tall and athletically built. A robe of dark crimson covered her, but in her right hand she held the vibrant purple blade of a lightsaber, the glow of the lightsaber casting light through the blanket of darkness.

The newcomer moved without Kai even realising it, the dust from the alley in his eyes and making him squint more. He saw his savious effortlessly flip into the air, drawing her lightsaber across the wall behind Kai and searing a deep cut into it. She landed inches from Kai, who made an attempt to raise his head but instead ended up coughing blood on to the ground.

The woman's head was hidden beneath her crimson hood but Kai could see she was wearing form-fitting armour hued in charcoal and the same red as her cloak. Indistinct i the dull light, Kai could not make it out but it seemed familiar. He was too weak to try a telepathic probe but he could feel the Force surge as she called out it it....

....and brought the entire wall of steel and concreted down on Vash The Stampede's already sore head.

The alley exploded in dust and debris, trails of smoke dancing in the air but the woamn was already hauling Kai up and slinging an arm over her slender shoulders. She started to drag him into the main road as the dust began to settle.

"....wait....still alive under that...." Kai muttered weakly. The woman leaned over slightly, her face still hidden as Kai looked over to the rubble and raised a hand. He grit his teeth as a spark of electical discharge leap from his fingertip and onto the rubble, a roaring fire leaping to life.

At least now the Hutt would be temporarily blocked off from them. Kai knew in his heart that Vash The Stampede was far from dead, but he was too weak to care now. That last burst of energy had started the quick trip to unconsciousness.

The woman dragged him to the main road, where the sound of a landspeeder grew closer. The pulled back her hood slightly, revealing the face of a beautiful young woman in her early twenties with flowing black hair tainted with red and the darkest eyes Kai'd ever seen.

"You're such a show-off, you know..." She mused.

Kai gasped for breath.

"Taiin...?"

She grinned and leaned over to kiss him quickly.

Taiin..... once upon you were all I wanted...

"Of course. Who else would save you from yourself?" Taiin (Tay-yin)Toramure, Jedi Knight remarked. As she finished, a speeder came into view, drived by another Jedi in brown robes, long wavy hair tied up and sporting a well-groomed goatee beard. Taiin hauled Kai into the speeder and the driver leaned over to place a hand on Kai's forehead.

"You'd be dead long ago without us to bail you out, my old friend."

Saevus (See-Vuss) Ariake wiped the blood from his friend and smiled warmly. Kai's oldest friend and Jedi Master, Saevus had a habbit of turning up whenever Kai was in trouble. He pulled Kai into the back seat and fastened him in.

"Rest now. We'll talk soon." He said as he got back into the drivers seat. Taiin recoverd Kai's coat, blasters and lightsaber before jumping into the cockpit and the last thing Kai saw before he passed out was the pile of rubble that now covered Vash.

He realised with regret that he would face the Sith Lord in combat again and he would not escape so luckily next time....

OOC: Sorry to cut the fight off 6-6-6, I'll be keen for a rematch later. I think Vash came out on top anyway.

:D

~Damn...I ramble a lot....

17. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    im still here, lurking

18. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    glad to see you're still here -Lord-Vader-, we need another Sith Lord to even up the scores.

post away!

19. 6-6-6

Oct 24, 2002
    The Hutt waited beneath the tons of rock and concrete. His repulsors could not lift him out of the mess, and moving each stone telekinetically required much more concentration than he was willing to give at the moment. Eventually his retainers and servants found him and dug him out of the pile of rocks, only to bear the brunt of Vash's fury.

Freya found the medical center where her companion was being kept. She swept aside a protesting medical droid while entering the bacta chaimbers. Finding her companion floating in one of the tubes of blue liquid, she quickly released him with a swipe of her lightsaber, spilling bacta and glass over the floor. Freya caught Dankin as he fell out of the shattered tube, wrapped him in a bundle of brown medical blankets, then led him out of the facility and away from the oncoming Sith army. [i]Now for a way out of here.[/i]

20. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    He was here again, in the midst of the sandstorm, the wild winds snapping at his clothing. Strangely, he wore Jedi robes, hued in a neutral beige. Unsual for him - he'd not worn this garb in so long.

A lightsaber was at his side but it was the blue-coloured weapon he'd used in his earlier days and eventually given to his own apprentice. Ahead of him, black as night, was the Sith Temple he'd seen in his previous vision.

He stepped forward, the temple's steps solid and firm beneath his feet. After a few moments he was at the entrance. It was only then that he noted the presence before him and sensed danger from the dark shadows of the entrance.

Stepping into the light, the instigator of his concern appeared, a humnanoid his height and build, drapped in a dark black cloak, visage unseen. In a darkly gloved hand, he held a red-bladed lightsaber.

Kai activated his own weapon, the blue saber feeling unfamiliar in his grasp. The cloaked man came at him and their blades met, red on blue, crackling and hissing in the ferrocious winds.

They exchanged blows, their form perfectly in time with each other and Kai began to tire after several minuets of this. Almost on cue, a gust of wind shot by the cloaked man, lifting the hood from his face.

Kai paused in horror as he stared into the face of his opponent.

A face that was his own.

The dark-Kai betrayed no emotion as he raised his ruby blade and swung. Kai had no time to raise his own weapon as the scarlett weapon sliced for his head, decapitating him.......

Kai awoke suddenly, his body rebelling against him as he did and the pain in his chest reminded him he was indeed alive. His tired eyes focused and he could see he was now in a bunk bed, hooked up to a medical monitor. The room he was in was large, whith crisp white walls and resembling a hospital room. It was possible he was on a medical frigate, but he couldn't tell. Either way, he didn't care.

He was still alive, albeit weak and injured. His chest was bandaged and their were similar wrappings on his forehead and arms. He could sense his broken ribs had been set back in place and the odour of bacta was strong on his skin. Evidently, he'd been in immersion for at least a few minutes, maybe hours. He was naked bar a simple pair of hopsital-issue trousers adn the woven necklace he always wore. Kai looked right and saw his personal effects were slung over a chair in the corner and his lightsaber was on the table next to him.

For now, he was secure and safe but still very groggy. He settled back into the bed and relaxed as best he could. The vision in his dream had disturbed him greatly. It was like the two side of of his personna had been combating and the darker one had emerged the victor. But was it a permanent or temporary win?

Kai closed his eyes and pushed those thoughts from his mind. For now, he'd let it go and sleep. He'd deal with his internal conflicts and the Sith later. His last thoughts were of his friends; Greg-Wan, Syrem, Freya and Raisya.

What had happened to them?

21. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    After walking for some time Greg-Wan, Carth, Raisya, and Saber, reached the Ebon Hawk. They all walked inside and Carth sit at the pilot seat. "Raisya, you be co-pilot," Greg-Wan said pointing at the chair. "Okay." Raisya went over to the seat and sit down. "Here we go," Carth said starting the ship. It took off and entered Hyperspace. "Good. It shouldn't be long before we reach Dantooine," Greg-Wan said and then walked off. He entered a small room. Greg-Wan threw off his Jedi Tunic and put on a pair of dark brown pants and pulled up his Jedi boots. He then put on a light tan shirt. Finally he put on his belt and hooked his Lightsaber to it.

22. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Great...

Syrem thought to himself. He was left for dead in an ally, beat by the galaxy's most fat species. He had done his best to help his friend, Kai. But then came the fire, and the stones. But Kai must have been too tainted by the dark side to remember that Syrem had also been in the fight. He had just left. He wondered about Kai's loyality. But now he was the only place he felt he could turn. Kai...idiot...remember me? I'm in the ally on Ryloth. I...I can't move. Help

TAG: Kai

23. 6-6-6

Oct 24, 2002
    Freya ran through the quickly-emptying streets of Ryloth, completely lost. The presence of the Jedi in the system faded slowly, then dissappeared entirely, leaving her with a feeling of emptiness.

Great, so they left without me

She jogged to the nearest landing field, only to find it completely abandoned and shipless. Any vessel that could get off the planet had probably already been taken. The usually bustling streets had been nearly abandoned by this point, with the populace either having taken shelter deep beneath the surface or in ships off-planet.

My luck just keeps getting better and better...

24. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya nodded and sat into the co-pilot's seat. As the stars melted into the tunnel of hyperspace, she did a mental count. "Weren't there two more of you Jedi types? Did they get left behind?"

tag: greg-wan, goo, 666, etc.

25. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    He awoke suddenly again, but with no deadly reactions, no impulsive moves to attack. Nothing but the tinge of a faraway voice in the back of his mind.

Help...

He got up, feeling his chest constrict but there was less discomfort than before.

... I'm in the alley on Ryloth...

Kai then realised who it was.

"Syrem...."

You were there in the battle, I recall now. The Hutt cast you aside just before he snapped my ribs. Saevus and Taiin missed you....the Sith's dark side reasonance must of blocked them from scanning you.

Kai got up and out of bed, reaching for his clothing as he pulled the IV drip from his arm. In truth, he felt immensely better but still probably below par. The bacta immersion had done most of the work, but he was still a while away from completely healing. He threw on his trousers, vest and boots and strapped his blasters to his waist. Calling his lightsaber to his hand with the Force, he cringed.

My head hurts still.... perhaps I strained my use of the Force. I'd best take it easy for now.

Throwing his coat on and feeling it's reassuring presence, Kai tied his dark hair back and thumbed the door opener.

He stepped out into the corridor, a long pathway hued in white and quiet as the grave. A technical readout was on the wall beside him and he read it.

"Medical Wing - Recovery Room 4-Alpha: Halicon, K." He mouthed, noting his name was inscribed in a temoporary marker.

Below that, he saw a map that indicated his postion and the relative position of the bridge. Memorising it, he set off on his way, encountering no one on his journey.

Six minutes later, he appeard at the large doors that lead to the bridge. He'd taken the long way as opposed to the turbolifts as he was still unsure as to his situation. It could still be hostile, but he remembered Taiin and Saevus were here and they were the two people he trusted with his very life.

Exhaling, he walked to the door and heard it's servomotors activate. It split in half and slid to either side as Kai walked forward to the large bridge of the ship. It was only then that Kai realised that the entire crew of the ship was composed of Jedi; two pilots, a comms officer and navigator on the small cockpit of the ship and he'd not been able to sense that earlier in his diminished psionic state.

"I was wondering when you'd wake up."

Kai looked in the direction of the voice, to see the familiar image of Saevus; his best friend. The same age as Kai, he was slightly shorter and more stocky but possessed of a noble look and determined stature. Saevus was highly "by-the-book" and the complete opposite to Kai but it was those differences that had made them friends since their first meeting in their early teens.

"All I can taste is bacta, thanks to you."

"Be thankful you can taste anything. If we'd not shown up when we did, you'd be Hutt-fodder."

Kai lowered his head. Saevus was right, but the talk of the Hutt reminded him of Syrem.

"I need to use your communications systems. I think one of my allies is still down on Ryloth. Where the hell are we anyway?"

Saevus lead him to the comms station and the Jedi at the controls, a Gungan male, dismissed himself.

"You're onboard the Jedi vessel Prometheus, a refitted Alderaanian heavy-frigate. We're in orbit on the polar side of Ryloth. A shipful of Jedi children arrived from Strata a few days ago to us on Dantooine and the Jedi Elders distpatched a group of us to investigate the Sith war on Strata. I offered to lead when I heard one of the children desribe being helped onboard their transport by a man who wore robes like a Sith but stood with the Jedi. I could only assume it was you."

Kai began to fiddle with the controls on the comms station, finding the encoded frequencey he used to contact his astromech as Saevus continued.

"There are about fourty of us onboard, most are down on Ryloth at the moment, trying to hold back the Sith forces with some limited help from the locals. The Jedi Council is dispatch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.