main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars miniatures

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Well I am in southern california. but you can find them at places like game stop of EB. they usually carry things like this.

2. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Starting to think this may be a Southern California thing... because the only place here that even knows about them is Hobby Town off Sahara, but they don't even have any...

Any one here found these things yet?

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    yes I did. go here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=company/locator

and you can find stores that carry them. I put in my zip, and put the radius at 50 miles, I pulled up a bunch of stores. The first I talked to had them (a comic hobby place across from UNLV)

4. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    you guys really can't find them? wow, they are ALL over the place here. its like we are swimming in them.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I just bought the starter pack.

6. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Ok...well, I did do the Zip Code search and every place I called laughed like I had no clue what I was asking for.

But.. GOOD News, I found them in my travels to Meadows Mall and to my delight...after going to KB, TRU, EB, Gamestop...I found them in a Walden Books of all places. Needless to say.... I lost my mind and got a Starter pack and 10 boosters. These things rock...the detail is very good for just coming out of a retail box and no touch-ups. My one complaint...if the gun is long..or they have a lightsaber... it is sure to be very curved and not straight... Any suggestions on how the can be straightened?

I have no idea...yet.. how to even play this game, but I never did Heroclix or Mage Knight or any of these... the closest I have was the game that came out about a year or more ago...Duel Forces or something like that.... it seems very similiar, but alot more complicated. Anyway...I am up for a good schooling, but my 5 elite Stormtroopers, Mara Jade, and Vader seem to be a force to be reckoned with...well if I knew what they did...that is. :)

7. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Not that the last post wasn't long enough...but what are the going prices on these around town...is it the standard $20 for starters and $13 for boosters or did the shop you went to actually have them cheaper?

I found a place on the net who sells starters for $13 and boosters for $7, but I needed a fix NOW.

Anyway... I know you have Saturday Night as RPG night...but when is MINIATURES night? or day? Saturday afternoons before RPG play....or Sunday afternoons (well NFL is on), but I am interested to see if anyone else is getting into this...not to mention...the influence you have just playing it in front of those who may be interested...

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I would be into playing this. I paid 20 for my starter, and he sold boosters for 13.

The only way I know of to straighten guns/sabers, etc is to physically alter the pieces, like get a dremel mini dril, and drill into the gun, and then insert a safety pin. for sabers, you may need to cut out the saber, and then recreate one out of stiff wire and glue it back in.

9. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Just let me know when and where? I am off during the week by 6PM and off all day Sat/Sun, so whatever works. I am going to try a simple coffee stir method of straightening these things first... see if with time and maybe some heat from a hairdryer or something....I can get these straightened out. My 2 Royal Guards have it the worst so far. :)

10. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Hey, I am lookiong for wampas, general veers and snowtroopers (elite and regular). If either of you have them I am willing to trade whatever or just give you money for it. I am trying to start a Hoth army.

11. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    So far I have 2 Veers, 5 or 6 elite Snows, 2 or 3 regular Snows, 1 Wampa and he rocks!

I am missing 9 (Boba Fett, Dengar, IG-88, Commando on Speeder Bike, Slave Leia, Obi-wan,Emperor, Probe Droid, Scout Trooper on Speeder bike.

I have an extra Jabba, 3PO, Luke Rebel, Vader Jedi, Grand Moff Tarkin, Royal Guards, Mara Jade, Gamorrean Guard and 2 Greedo.

If you need any of those... let me know. I like my snow guys, but if you have any of the 9 I am missing...lets talk. :)

12. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Is there a TC-14 one?

13. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    not specificly, but I am sure C3PO would convert pretty quick with some silver paint.

14. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Ok..so who is ready to play. I tried reading the book that comes with the starter....I guess I need to just play it....

15. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Well...I just played my 1st game and I am sure I missed alot of opportunities, kept forgetting who did what exactly. Anyway, I am ready to play when ever you are.

16. R_5

R_5 Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    Hi all,

Looks like I actually found some people to play! Please let me know if you plan a game night, I'd love to come and meet you guys. I'm also am in need of some R/VR figures and would love to trade/pay for them.

As for bent figures; The best way to fix them is hairdryer/shape/cold water, repeat as neccesary. It's worked on all the figures I've tried.

There is also a new comic/game store in town called Dark Tower. It is on the SE corner of Sahara and Decatur next to Kinkos and Borders. I found it in my quest for a starter pack and it seems like a great store. Of course you have to pay retail for the boosters but there is something to be said for instant gratification :p They have tables and a good gaming community. I posted of their forums to drum up some support and find more players. you can find it here:
    http://darktowercomics.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

I hope to meet you all soon!

R5

17. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Funny you should say something about Dark Tower... I just went for the 1st time tonight. I am all about finding a day or night to get together and play. Sounds good.

18. R_5

R_5 Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    It looks like Dark Tower is interested in promoting a weekly SWM gameday. At the moment it looks like Saturday will be the day, but still unsure about the time. Please if you're even slightly interested let us know here: http://darktowercomics.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=45

Have a great day!
    R5

19. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Just wanted to update you guys... Dark Tower Comics on Decatur and Sahara have really taken interest in having a Star Wars Miniatures game regularly. So... if any of you are still interested let me know. I have plenty of miniatures, so if you just wanna borrow some (until you are addicted), its cool. I am still learning the game and would like to have a regular game night if possible to play this. Interested??

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I like the minis, I have IG-88, an ewok, and Lando, which is cool, but I don't think I'll be playing the mini game. I will probably use mine one day in an RPG type of setting.

Do you know of anywhere that sells minis singly?

21. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    singly... sounds like a Chinese guy... Sing Lee.

22. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Well...not that it looks like anyone here cares to play...but I did manage to print off 3 New Maps at Kinkos last night and got them laminated and ready for some play. Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.