main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mayhem, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Is anyone free this saturday (6/22) to get together for the RPG. Basically the first get together would be to discuss exactly what types of adventures we're looking for and what types of characters. We can role up some characters, since that usually does take some time. My house is open for the get together(in the Throggs Neck/Bronx) from around 7pm on.
    dp4m, I know you've mentioned you have room for a small group and you're in manhattan. Let me know what you think. City would be ok for me too since I'll already be down here at work that day and Aysardra can meet me here.
    I have the core book to bring as well as copies of character sheets and other books if needed.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    dp4m, I know you've mentioned you have room for a small group and you're in manhattan. Let me know what you think. City would be ok for me too since I'll already be down here at work that day and Aysardra can meet me here. I have the core book to bring as well as copies of character sheets and other books if needed.

That's fine with me, in theory. I have the core book and made copies of the new character sheet today. I will check my schedule and verify I'm free this Saturday evening (and obviously, if I am, my home is free too).

Questions, so people can get a jump on characters:

- What era will we play in?
    - What die-rolling method will we use (4d6 drop lowest, hardcore 3d6 style, etc.)?
    - Are there race/class limits (i.e. "no more than 2 Jedi, no Noghri, etc.)?
    - What level are we playing?
    - Is there any other useful info to know? :)

So PEEPS, who would be interested for a preliminary session THIS SATURDAY (6/22) in the evening? (I ask because my apartment only fits so many comfortably...) Answer in the thread so Mayhem, etc. can get an accurate count as well!

3. KitFistoRox

KitFistoRox Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    Count me in, 100%.

Edit: I can bring a revised rulebook, a bunch of character sheets, and a pound or two of dice if necessary.

Edit #2: Kit Fisto kicks butt.

4. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    i'm in and i'll have to find my box of dice......

5. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Sounds cool so far. The only books I don't have are the New Jedi Order sourcebook(because I don't like that era), the Starships book(which I am picking up friday most likely) and I am planning to pick up Tempest Fued since it sounds cool and maybe we'd all be into playing that adventure....we'll see.
    *is excited to finally get this thing going..dances jig* :D

6. KitFistoRox

May 25, 2002
    I'm into Tempest Feud. It sounds cool, I hear good things about it, and most importantly I don't own it. Which is a tough thing to say when you're a GM...

7. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Cool Kit, thats the other thing I was hoping..that any other gm's out there that were not gm'ing for us, didn't have that. I was thinking a premade adventure would be a good help to a new GM(me) should I wind up being the one running some of these. :)

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    HEY MAYHEM!

From above... :)

Questions, so people can get a jump on characters:

- What era will we play in?
    - What die-rolling method will we use (4d6 drop lowest, hardcore 3d6 style, etc.)?
    - Are there race/class limits (i.e. "no more than 2 Jedi, no Noghri, etc.)?
    - What level are we playing?
    - Is there any other useful info to know?

9. KitFistoRox

May 25, 2002
    So this Saturday we're just going to roll up characters and make up backgrounds and stuff, or are we going to start playing the adventure?

Edit: Note, there may be one problem with playing Tempest Feud right away--it's designed for 9th level characters.

10. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    For Era, I am leaning toward Rise of the Empire(attack of the clones time).Just because I figure some would want to be Jedi.
    Die method..I prefer the 4d6-drop lowest.
    I'm not much into limits..aside from era(no ewoks in Rise) and that type. I prefer whats listed in the core book...but am open.(I'm not sure how many are new to this..I know I am to the Star Wars rpg and Aysardra is to RPG in general)
    Level, I think we should start at 1
    Other then that..maybe if we don't get at least a group of 4 for most games..if people want to play 2 characters..I'm ok with that, I'vew done it in Advanced D&D before.

Kit: I think Saturday will most likely be just rolling up and discussing backgrounds. I'm not sure if we'll have the time to get into anything big...if we can great..maybe a small type thing..something that introduces the characters to eachother.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey all. I am DEFINITELY free (other than playing NWN, of course) for this Saturday.

Currently in:
    - Mayhem
    - Aysardra
    - KitFistoRox
    - dp4m
    - bobajames

I'm on the Upper West Side (easily accessible by 1/2/3/C trains) and was thinking 7 pm - 11ish if people are up for that (we can go earlier or later, depending on what Mayhem has in mind).

People on that list, send me a PM with an email address and I'll compile an RPG dlist for contact info. Anyone else interested, post in the thread and send me a PM with your email. :)

12. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    dp4m, so is this happening at your place then? I don't mind doing t at mine, but I know some don't want to travel here to Throggs Neck. Also, what time are we looking at then. I'm at work til 6pm the latest down on 14th and 3rd.
    if its at your place, we'll need to know where to meet, if mine then either we can meet at my job and everyone hop the 6 train here or I can email people directions and m address.
    let me know here or email..whichever you choose :)

13. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey dp4m....seems we posted at the same time..LOL
    Time works good for Aysa and I. 5 people is cool..more would be nice too, but at least we have the perfect amount..(1 GM and 4 players)

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So (like a bad pickup line would go) my place or yours? :)

15. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Whatever is easier for everyone. We can take the 6 train all the ay up and then walk abit to my house, or the express bus(its $3) and walk less. I have plenty of space.
    Its up to everyone else..either one is easy for me this weekend.

16. KitFistoRox

May 25, 2002
    Manhattan good, since I live in Manhattan too. Actually, we could even play at my place, if there were no other options...

17. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Poodoo, I have plans this saturday
    if they get cancelled You guys will be the first to know.

18. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Well...the first night is done. I'll say I had a great time and once again thanks to bobajames,dp4m,kitfistorocks and asyardra for all their patience with a newbie GM.
    I promise it will only get better (can't wait for that army of Droidekas ;) )
    As I said I have a bunch of ideas and just needed to get us off the ground. I found myself thinking of the game and what we did and what I hope we will do, all last night and this morning(still am..lol)
    Actually going through the motions of a game helped me see how things work better too.
    I think we definately have an ...interesting...little group so far..very unique and colorful bunch. And blue girl will have a name soon too!
    Hopefully it won't seem that long once we get together again.

Talk to you all soon
    Thanks again

Mayhem-master of madness

19. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Excellent. It is great to see things taking off. Next times you guys get together and it is in Manhhatan I will try to make it. This sounds like alot of fun.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, dude... this was a LOT of fun. :)

Any group that starts at 7 pm, sets a roughly 11 pm cap, and then plays 'til 1 am is good in my book... :)

Oh, and sorry 'bout my carpet again... :D

EDIT: Also, before I forget, I don't believe this link to a Character Sheet PDF violates anything. This is the electronic one that KitFistoRox provided to us, hosted on my free BA.net web space...

21. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    So when is the next gathering?

22. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    From what it sounded like..I don't think we're all free til possibly the weekend of July 13th.
    Aysa and I are away next weekend and the weekend after that is July 6th which ties up some of you.
    We'll see how things go though

23. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    The Weekend of July 13th works for me so far.

24. KitFistoRox

May 25, 2002
    I'm fairly sure that the 13th is good for me as well. Yazzo the Toydarian will be there in full force!

25. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    yes i would have to say that last night was realy kick @$$....but if it the 13th i'm not going to b able to make it but don't worry if i'm the only one then just go on and play with out me for one game i don't mind.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.