main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Star Wars RPGers Wanted

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dahan, Jun 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahan

Dahan Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2001
    Howdy folks.

I've just joined OmahaFanForce, and look forward to the next meeting whenever it's scheduled. I do have an interest in the SW:RPG d20 system, so if you do too, please drop me a line.

BTW, A guy from Lincoln and I are trying to get together a few people to play the Star Wars Roleplaying Game by Wizards of the Coast (d20, not WEG). Below is a posting that I first saw at one of the Wizard's Community Boards

>
    > Topic: Looking to start SWRPG campaign with MATURE players in Lincoln/Omaha NE area
    >
    >Hi all,
    >I'm looking for 3-5 role-players to begin a SWRPG campaign with me as the GM. I live in Lincoln NE but would be willing to drive to Omaha for gaming sessions. The game will be held in the city with the most participants, so it would help if some of you had a car and could carpool. Sessions will occur weekly or biweekly. They will occur in the evening 7-10 if weekly, 6:30 to 11 PM if biweekly. I am flexible on the day (although I assume weekend).
    >
    >In terms of the basics of the campaign, my experience is with Jedi campaigns. I usually play in the era several thousand years before Episode 1 (Tales of the Jedi) and I would like to continue in this era. However, my campaign plot and NPCs are highly malleable and I am open to suggestions. One of the good things about playing in this time period is that the Jedi are well established and have access to many other facets of the Force than portrayed in the films. PS-I operate on film canon ONLY. If you don't like that, you shouldn't be playing in my campaign.
    >
    >If we did do a Jedi campaign, I require all players to play Jedi. I play a large number of house rules regarding Jedi specializations that will give each character a wealth of advancement opportunities. Many of my classes will follow the Jedi specializations suggested to exist in the comics: Beast Master, Shadow, Battle Master etc.
    >
    >An exception for a pilot/mercenary character could be made for a player that can convince me.
    >
    >About my GM style: I am HEAVILY story and RP driven. If your looking for hack n' slash...you won't find it here. We will go entire sessions (or even weeks) without battles. Character development and interaction with NPCs is the main focus and will be rewarded the most. Basically, you will all start as trainees at the Jedi academy on Ossus. The first four-five sessions will all be related to training.
    >
    >Experience with roleplaying is highly desired, but not necessary. I would like at least one experienced player in the group. Experienced does not mean "tries to get their way all the time".
    >
    >Anyway, let me know if you are interested! klecser@hotmail.com
    >
    >[This message has been edited by klecser (edited May 23, 2001).]

2. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Have read some about Star Wars RPG's but never played them. It looks like it could be fun. I would be willing to try a few times.

Bob

3. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Id be interested in the new game. But the guy from Lincoln sounds way too restrictive..

4. Dahan

Dahan Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2001
    Well, I'm willing to try to get together a group apart from the Lincoln guy. If you're new to d20, could try out the introductory game for the RPG, "Invasion of Theed." The full scale version is a tad complex I'll admit, though if you're interested in trying it I'm game. I'm pretty flexible as far as time goes, but I'm not sure about place. I'm a little reluctant to invite strangers to my home, yet I'm hard pressed to think of an appropriate public setting where one could set up the game and play for a couple hours (rough time estimate).

Anyway, look forward to the next meeting.

5. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    I am familiar with the original West End version. I never had an chance to play, but I understood it. And from what I hear the new Wizards game is easier. Just bring your stuff to the next meeting, that way you'll meet all of us, and we can go over things. Then we'll know what we want to do, and you'll know us, and we all wont be strangers anymore. Just some thoughts.

Mark

6. Dahan

Dahan Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2001
    Sounds like a good plan Mark. Will do.

7. klecser

klecser Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey all.

This is the guy from Lincoln that Dahan mentioned. I encourage you to check out what I have planned. The content of the message that I posted on the Wizards board is just intended to make it clear that I expect people to develop their charcaters into something interesting. I promise that anyone that would like to try us out will find that I will give them all the freedom they require.

Now if it is the fact that I require all Jedi, I might be able to make a few concessions if someone absolutely refuses to play one. However, my story is about Jedi and coming of age and those that play Jedi will probably get the most out of my storyline.

Once again, I encourage anyone that is interested to try it out. You can contact me at starwarsrpggm@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.