main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire Soundtrack - 15th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DookuIsTyranus, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Today marks the 15th anniversary of the release of the soundtrack to Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. Let's celebrate!

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    15 years? I'm getting old!

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Will listen today for sure.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    People keep track of these things?

No seriously, I'm impressed! [face_laugh]

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    15 years? That's a long time for a soundtrack to exist. :p

EDIT: Listening to it right now. Still good after 15 years.

5. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    This was actually my favorite thing out of all Shadows of the Empire. Happy anniversary!

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I can remember buying the hardcover copy of the novel and while reading the jacket flap, seeing a reference to the soundtrack. So I immediately went and sought it out. I still enjoy it to this day and listen to it along with the film scores.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I found out about the soundtrack in the book Secrets of SW: Shadows of the Empire by Mark Cotta Vaz. Luckily I found the CD on Amazon UK.
    BTW - I recommend the book if you've never read it. It tells the behind-the-scenes story of the SOTE project.

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    To me this is the score for the seventh movie. The tracks rank up there with John Williams himself! If only tis guy could conduct the music for The Clone Wars...

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Strictly speaking, this is the music for the 4.5th movie. :p

I swear to God I'm the only person here who doesn't like this score. Just never found it particularly interesting, and the presence of snippets of music from TESB just make what surrounds them very bland indeed.

I do like the SoTE novel as a general rule, though; Xizor has become an amusingly incompetent villain over the years. He's batting way way out of his league in the same way Nute Gunray did.

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I used to love this score until I heard the work of Sergei Prokofiev. It's still good but it lost a bit of the magic afterwards.

Imperial City is still my favorite track though.

11. Bens_Dad

Bens_Dad Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2010
    Ahh, the days when I used to look forward to a Star Wars novel! I remember this being touted as a multi-media event: there was the book, the graphic novel, the game and the soundtrack. I got them all and thought they were fantastic. Still do, as it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.