main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Oct 4, 2008.

1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Well the Clone Wars Animated series has started! Post your thoughts etc here!

i for one liked the animated movie, and the first 2 eps were more of the same high standard. i thought the Yoda episode was the best of the 2, with his playfulness and mentoring coming through quite strongly. The other episode was ok, but a bit drawn out i thought. I likd all that happened, it just could have happened a little quicker!

Still, we're off to a fine start!

2. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So putting aside the American air dates, do we know when (is it Channel 10) being shown here?

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It'll be around November when Ch Ten shows it here. The date hasn't been narrowed down yet to my knowledge.

Bad luck for me as I'll be overseas for a month and will miss it.

4. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    So just quietly, this show seems more old school trilogy than the prequels.

Word.

5. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
  6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Don't know if you had heard but it'll start on Nov 22nd, ch 10 around noon.

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    So ... who else missed it?

(dammnit :()

8. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    I've seen about 7 episodes...maybe 6. However many have screened in the US. Youtube is my friend. So far so meh.

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    i really like it.

10. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Episode 9 was great!

11. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    It was the best episode so far!

12. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Episode 10 is quite good too. Predictable, but still...not bad.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm curious to know what everyone thought of Episodes 13 and 14 with Aayla Secura. Its great to hear her speak and have a large role than what was shown in the films. Same goes for Plo Koon and a few others.

14. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm not sure if giving Aayla a 'French' accent worked for me, but besides that she was a briliiant character to flesh out.

Does anyone think she should have had a role to play in regards to the Ryloth Trilogy currently airing?

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There should be more of her but for the Ryloth trilogy, in the newsletter I received, they said she was going to be in it as an infiltrator. Because of budget, limitations and time, they couldn't implement her. Shame really but hopefully we see more of her in future episodes.

16. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    i only get to see episodes when we are playing at home or close to home in cricket so i havent seen a lot of the series but i did enjoy the episodes with Aayla in them and i agree the accent was a bit much.

i really liked the episode i saw on fox over the weekend where the clones were the main focus of the storyline.
    i do not recall the name of the episode but it was where coady was doing an inspection of bases and the Droids had infiltrated a republic outpost and it was up to him and rookie clones to take it back with no jedi in sight.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I think that was episode 5 called Rookies. That was a fun one with a different angle.

Episode 16... I think is called Enemy within... or something like that... is similar to that one but is a prequel to The Clone Wars film. About an ambush going wrong... Not sure how much I can say even when the episode has already aired the other weekend.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Is there anyone here looking forward to Season 2 of the series? We have to wait for September for Republic Heroes game to fill the 'gap' between Season 1 and 2 and shortly afterwards Season 2 be aired.

Any hopes or thoughts on what might happen or who we will see in the new season?

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Has anyone here seen any episodes from Season 2? What do you think of it so far if you have?

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Not seen any yet, are they out yet? My son is insanely collecting anything and everything Clone Wars, and Santa has a nice quilt cover and towel for him this year!

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm loving the series so far. Unfortunately Season2 hasn't started being aired yet in Australia and the US are up to the 9th episode. I hope we get it soon!

Who is your son's favourite character? Mine is Ahsoka Tano.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    What's the deal with Ch 10 not airing TCW Season 2? They are almost finished the season in the UK and US and we'll probably get the dvd boxset before ten decides to air it. Or maybe they have stopped airing it.

Kinda like Stargate Universe. Wonder how Ten got the rights for that when the rest of the SG series have been aired on 7 since the late 90s.

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm bumping this up as the series is still going strong and has progressed dramatically from it's first season. Season 4 is currently out on Blu-Ray and DvD and Season 5 is in full swing over in the US. I love how the characters have developed and have much more depth, some of the episodes are beautifully crafted and are very cinematic... just amazing in High Definition.

What is everyone's thoughts on the series? Do you have a favourite moment or character or is there something that you hope to happen in the future episodes?

24. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm still watching though I don't know why I bother sometimes.

I believe the original plan was for 5 seasons but at the moment it seems that they are going to drag it out for as long as it is popular. This is a hindrance to the show in my opinion as it doesn't give them a clear finish line to aim for.
    Although it is nothing new I am also tired of the 3 or 4 episode arcs. More diversity would be appealing.

The best characters in my opinion would be Ventress, particularly in season 4, and Hondo, though he seems to be a bit over-used these days.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The original plan was to follow a small group (Plo Koon, Ashla, few others) on the Twilight during TCW without going near Skywalker and Kenobi... that had changed dramatically as well as the original plan of 5 seasons (Season 6 is in the works with possible 7 being worked on too) when George decided to be more involved in it's creation early on.

I don't see it as a hinderance but a good thing as we are getting more stories and character exploration... though the seasons does feel a little bit shorter due to the larger arcs but that Shadow Warriors episode in season 4 could have benefitted being extended longer. They do have things planned out years in advance and I'm sure George knows what the end game should be... when they do end it, I hope it be a bit after the events ROTS.

Hondo is great, he makes me think of Tigger for some reason (same voice actor), and Ahsoka is brilliant.
    Ventress and Ahsoka have really come a long way with their character development since the pilot/film and Season 1.