main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars: The Old Republic (Bioware MMO) [Spoilers Allowed]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SephyCloneNo15, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    http://kotaku.com/355808/bioware-at-work-on-a-new-kotor

2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    :D

The only thing that could make this news better, if accurate, is a BioWare/Obsidian merger and the relevation that Chris Avellone is lead writer once again.

I fear the transition from KotOR II to III will be just as jarring as I to II otherwise....

3. Lord-Traya-07

Lord-Traya-07 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2007
    Ahhh finally...

the climatic duel of the Exile and Revan against the True Sith Empire

in Palpatine's words "I've been waiting a longggg time for this moment!!"

4. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    KOTOR III...rumored? :eek:

I remember a similar wishful-thinking article someone linked to a couple months ago. Does this second one mean it's now twice as likely? :D

5. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    This looks fantastic. Give me more KOTOR to love. Give us more Revan and let us have a playable Twi'lek Jedi that is as awesome as Shado Vao. Then I may die happy.

6. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Meh. I sha'n't be happy until Avellone is announced as in charge.

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    If this is true, I hope it'll cover the Mandalorian Wars.

8. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Nah. The comics are doing that quite well; I'd rather this continue the adventures of Rev and Sareth.

9. Lord-Traya-07

Lord-Traya-07 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2007
    I just hope it sheds light on a few things

namely Revan's fate, more insight into the machinations of the Mandalorian War, and how the 'True Sith' made a bargain with the Mandys to start war with the Republic

ohhh, and how these True Sith differ so much to the lineage of Revan, Malak, Traya, Sion and Nihilus

[face_thinking]

10. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I hope this means KOTOR 3 :D
    I can't wait!! Finally we will get some sort of closure and the series will be a trilogy :)

11. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    KOTOR makes MONEY!

"If" has never been in the equation...just when...and we still are no closer to that resolution.

this is nothing new.

12. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I hope this is true. I don't want another MMO. I was against it from the start.

And I'd also love a "Knights of the New Republic" Franchise :D

13. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    :eek:[face_praying][face_dancing]

It does seem to be true! If you follow the link in that article you can see the EA report for yourself, its on their list. Its been a long time coming but it looks like we finally have confirmation. :D

I love KotOR2 but personally I couldn't be happier its Bioware making this one. Especially as it makes sense to leave another time gap (albeit a smaller one?) between 2 and 3.

Jedimarine: Tell that to fans of the Jedi Knight series, not every succesful series keeps going, especially with corporate shakeups. Myself? I guessed it would get made, but with each passing year the doubts grew.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    RE: "True Sith Empire"
    If this IS a reference to a physical empire made up of physical beings (and I'd rather it wasn't, Kreia states that "the Sith are a belief", so it's my hope that Revan is simply destroying as much forgotten Sith knowledge "their Empire" as possible) I hope they are utterly different from the Sith we know and love.

I want Sith Kings rather than Sith Lords, etc.

And, pantsdammit, they better NOT be the Sith who goaded the Mandalorians into war with the Republic. It contradicts information we got in KotOR I*. The Sith who went with that offer were the leftovers of Kun's regime!

Gah!

You consider the Exile to be "Sareth Dorn" too?

I knew there was a reason I liked you! [:D]

*Well, okay, it contradicts the heavy implication we got in KotOR I. Canderous tells us about it and makes reference to "the Sith", by which he has always meant - in every other instance - Kun's group.

15. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    You convinced me, Uli. :p

16. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    With each passing year...and every subpar performing game that comes, the likelihood of seeing old success stories like JK or TIE Fighter increase...

With the recent ejection of the Lucasarts President...I wouldn't be surprised to see the company take a conservative approach, and green light a SLEW of sequels to appeal to fans of old titles.

This is Star Wars we are talking about...it will always turn up...only once since 1977 has it seemed bleak for Star Wars...and that was the late 80s...I promise you that we will see more JK...more X-wing/Tiefighter games...more KOTOR even beyond KOTOR III...as long as the world doesn't end tomorrow, the company will make games people want...and people want those...it's not a question of "if" it's when...when they have the energy...when they have the demand at just the fever pitch they want...when they have something to cross promote...whatever it is...it's all about when...they don't forget what makes money...and they only need to go as far as a computer to know what we think is good and what's junk...they know.

Lucasarts and Bioware have not taken some artistic principled stand against further KOTOR games...it made money...there will be more...just be patient.

17. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Yeah, I saw this news today. I hope it's true...

18. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    Hmmmm.....Sareth Dorn is possible.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/bc/SarethDorn.jpg]

I also hope Darth Nihilus returns in some way. Especially after Darth Krayt's conversation with his spirit. It made it seem as if he survived the battle with the Jedi Exile and the black smoke floating above his body did seem a bit odd, especially since we've never seen that from any other force user's death before or after this.

KotoR III....[face_dancing]

19. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    AWESOME!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!![face_dancing]

And it's not an MMO!!

20. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I don't know whether to whoop with joy or cry that I'll have to buy a next gen console to play this on.

I really hope it's a) true if b) it doesn't just give us a brand new, only peripherally related story in vaguely the same timeline.

I want it to tie up what the heck Revan was up to. And show us what happens when the Sareth* goes to find him.

*because I might think it's hilarious to name her Darth Heidi and choose the Swiss Goatherd head, but I will admit I'm probably in the minority.

21. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    BioWare KOTOR III?

Eh...no thanks. Unless Avellone somehow moves over, as Trip said.

22. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    KOTOR III will not the a MMO as rumored? That is indeed good news.
    I'm really looking forward to it; I would prefer Bioware to do it rather than Obsidian. But again, it is rumor, not really official...yet. [face_thinking]

23. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    Hopefully since Zayne Carrick not in the first two that he in this one at least. :)

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah. KOTOR was good, but KOTOR II had way more depth. I'd sooner see them continue the storyline they developed and be given time to put out good product than have it shoved back on BioWare.

25. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    [face_dancing]

Hopefully this time they will give the developers enough time to finish the game, and draw the trilogy to a close.

After a successful KOTOR game, I fully expect a spiritual sequel taking place during the NSW [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.