main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, next weekend is the final one for this year. Stefanie and I will be there. Anyone else going, so we can know who to look for (or avoid)?

Actually, I cannot bring it up here, but last year, in regards to the avoid comment, there is a little story about that. Some may be able to guess, if not, next meeting stuff...

Brandon

2. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    I will be attending all 3 days next weeekend. It would be really nice to catch up with the group and find out more about the local meetings.

Sunday next week, about 6:30, a group of us SWW veterans are going to have a little get together to thank the special events team @ Disney. Anyone that could spare the time, please stick around, it wiil be around the HyperSpace Hoopla/ trivia stage area. This event has come a long way in the last few years(although still not perfect), it would be nice to let them know the fans enjoy it! (there will be cake!)
    :)

I am also still working on the SW Weekends Fan Feedback Questionaire if anyone still wants to participate.
    sharon@radicalray.com

3. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Hey everyone! I will be leaving town Thursday and will miss next weekend. :( Yesterday was a lot of fun. We got to see all the characters and participate in all the events yesterday. I won't be back until the 20th so I'm going to miss the next meeting. I hope to see you all soon!
    Susan

P.S. It was great to see you too Dale!

4. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    So, anyone know anything in particular that is going on this coming Saturday? I think, if I remember correctly, little Daniel Logan('s Run) is going to be there, but who else is coming next weekend? Also, is the 501st going to march again or is that now done with?

Brandon

5. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The 501st has done their bit. This was somehow called the Fan Club Weekend, but I didn't see any real presence of fanclubs more than the parade of 501st people.

Amy Allen is the other celebrity next weekend. Ia, you might be interested, I think she played a blue Jedi. :)

6. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Her again? Hasn't she vanished by now? I mean "vanish" in the sense that she seems to get skinnier and skinnier each and every time I see her. If she was a stick last time, I am scared to think of what she may be this time...

Still, my goal is to get Logan's autograph. He better take requests! If he does not write, "Fire!" on mine, I will be very upset.

Brandon

7. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I dont think we are marching next weekend. Disney told us that we could march any weekend if we had 30 people. The big pus was the first weekend and this last weekend. I not sure if there are any plans for the last weekend. I know Im going to just enjoy this last weekend. Might dress as a Jedi, but not sure yet.

Dale

8. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    My week 4 report:

http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/week4.asp

9. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    It looks like I missed the park today but I'm definately going on Sunday. So, who's going Sunday (besides Dale) and what time do the rest of you think you'll be there?
    See ya! Last weekend, sigh. It was fun while it lasted.

Melanie

10. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I was able to attend today for a little bit. I wanted to make sure to get some pins for me and a friend who really wanted them (but she's out of town). I'm also trying to get up early and go tomorrow, last day! Unfortunately I missed seeing Dale dress yet again! Also, I hear he got the last of the coin sets. Sigh, we all miss out on the good stuff, well, except Dale.
    I wish I could say no to my other friends but I'm going out partying late tonight and will have to rise at a god awful time tomorrow to make sure I get an autograph. [face_laugh]
    If I miss some of you this weekend, I'm sure we'll catch up next Saturday at the meeting. I hope everyone has enjoyed the SW weekends as much as me and let's hope we can do it again next year!
    Melanie

11. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    I'll be there tomorrow by myself. Went the first two weekends, but never had anyone come up and introduce themselves. I'll try one more time tomorrow. I'll just wear the jedi shirt again, (blue) and hope to at least meet some of you as this will be the last day for SWW. I should get there by around 6:30 and hopefully it won't be too crowded. Sorry I haven't been online lately but been awfully busy. Things gonna settle down a tad bit, at least for a couple of weeks.

jedigirl99

12. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Its over, I cant believe its finally over. Now I can relax this weekend. I had such a blast out there, all 15 days!

13. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    It was really great putting names & faces together. It was nice to have met some of you, and I will hope to see you all again at the local meeting.

14. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    My final SWW report:
    http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/week5.asp

15. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Im glad I got to meet a few new people also. Names and faces are always a plus. Awesome reports Sharon, not to mention all those wonderful pictures.

Dale

16. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    As a daily reader of GH.com I saw the article and forgot to thank you again Sharon. Like last year, it was nice to see a camera clad journalist bringing the Weekends to a larger world. -Campbell

17. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Thanks for the compliments, guys! I have a blast at the event, it was great to meet so many new folks. (Reporting it gives me a reason to be there more often, too.) Hoping the report helped others enjoy the event, and encouraged people to attend in the future.

Next year, I will have a much better camera!
    :)

I would like to start attending the local meetings, but have to work on Saturdays. Will catch up with you all somehow.

18. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    hi there! im from England but in October im going to orlando for the 5th time in my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.