main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Start Chattanooga chapter?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Southernjedi, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    A friend and I in Chattanooga are interested in forming a SW fan club. I don't know about you, but I can't travel to Knoxville, Nashville or Atlanta on a regular basis for club meetings. Drop me a line at southernjedi@fanforce.net.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hi, Southernjedi! :)

All you need to get a FanForce chapter started is to have at least three people (from separate households) attend three meetings. I go with the motto of "If you build it, they will come." ;)

It took Atlanta a while to organize our very first meeting, but once we managed to hold that first meeting, things really took off from there.

One suggestion I have is to encourage any friends who have not registered on the FanForce boards to register and begin posting in this forum. An active forum sometimes attracts more folks.

For more information about what FanForce is and how it works, check out the FanForce FAQ. If you have any questions after reading the FAQ, please contact me via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net.

3. Kung_Fu_Yoda

Kung_Fu_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2002
    Dude, it would be so kewl to start a group in Chattanooga. We really need one here...

4. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey all,

Cool! You need to get one started....I am in the Knoxville group and used to live in Chattanooga for about 7 years.

I still have a few friends wo love SW that are still in the Chatt area.

I will make sure to send them this way to help you guys out

Good luck and if anybody in the Knoxville group can help you out, come on over and ask

5. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Cool. Thanks K9!

6. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    I've posted a few flyers at shops in town advertising Chattanooga and Fan Force. Hopefully that'll drum up some warm bodies around here. :)

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Good luck! :)

Please contact me if you have any questions or need any help.

8. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I too have experience in starting up a group. The key is to get the word out at as many places as you can and meet in a place people know how to find. Anywhere you go there is a good chance other Star Wars fans go as well, so ask for permission and put up flyers everywhere you get the nod.

As far as location for meetings goes, the choice for us was a local Chuck E Cheese type place in the heart of West Knoxville that is easy to find and heavily trafficked, but there are other places that are just as good. I suggest local meeting places like recreation centers or restaurants with meeting space. In the case of a rec. center, use of the facility is usually free and you can reserve space for up to six months out, so it's a great deal. Sometimes the centers are not in great locations, but find one that is and go the extra mile for it if you have to because your attendance will benefit from it.

Good luck to you!

9. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    I appreciate the advice y'all. :)

10. Kung_Fu_Yoda

Kung_Fu_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2002
    SOUTHERN:

I'm interested in starting a Fan Force. Keep me up to date on your efforts.

11. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
  12. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    I'd be totally into starting a fanforce in chatt. Although, I'm out in Soddy daisy. But count me in.

13. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    LoyalJedi:

That's cool.

Soddy-Daisy ain't too far from Nooga....considering. I'm from Cleveland; work downtown Nooga. Two guys I work with are interested in starting a FanForce. The three of us work nights different days of the week, but with a little notice we can try arranging time off together.

Do you want to want to have a meeting sometime in November? I don't know if you know the rules for starting a FanForce: Three people at three meetings, announced at this site.

So, if you're interested, let me know what kind of schedule you have and things you would like to do as a group, whether it's movie theater releases, video fests (it's 15 days till Clones on video!), role playing, talking about trivia, etc., just let me know that too. The club can be anything we want it to be.

One friend--obivolkenobi-- and I are going to Nashville Nov. 13 to see the IMAX Clones. You're free to go if you want; it's on a Wednesday...

14. LoyalJedi

May 22, 2002
    Is that the only Imax theater around here?
    I'd be totally cool with starting a fanforce in Chatt. I work at O'charley's in Hixson usually 5 days a week, and the schedule is pretty flexible.

15. LoyalJedi

May 22, 2002
    Is that the only Imax theater around here?
    I'd be totally cool with starting a fanforce in Chatt. I work at O'charley's in Hixson usually 5 days a week, and the schedule is pretty flexible.

16. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Nashville and Atlanta are the only places showing Clones IMAX, unfortunately. Chattanooga is dead set against it, since they only show 'educational' films.

I was in Michigan this past weekend and saw Clones IMAX in Grand Rapids. Totally awesome visuals. Everything is right up in your face. Only downside is they cut 20 minutes from the film so it'd fit the IMAX projector.

Sounds like you have a good schedule. I talked to my friend, and we'll see about setting up a chapter meeting soon. I'm thinking a viewing of the DVD when it's released next Tuesday is a good idea.

17. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    I emailed someone that I know to be from Dalton, Georgia which, as I understand it, is not far from Cattanooga. She seems to be a pretty big fan of the "holy saga." I know her only from posting on the forums at www.rebelscum.com and she is always very nice.

Hopefully she will email me back and you guys can hook up.

18. Bama_Trooper

Bama_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Hey guys, Huntsville,AL is showing it at the US Space and Rocket Center. The IMAX is in the museum there right on I565. IT is showing until Jan 2nd!

-Joey

19. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Cool, thanks Allie!!

Bama: That would be cool. I love the Huntsville IMAX and try to see it whenever I go to the space center.

20. Vast

Vast Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    While I will only be in Chattanooga for another year and a half, I'm still interested in helping create this chapter. I can't attend meetings, but if you guys can give me some sort of contact information, I could print it out on slips of paper and put them in Star Wars books over at McKay used books and CDs. I bet that would get you at least a few more members. E-mail me with contact information if you want me to do this.

21. Ra_Skywalker420

Ra_Skywalker420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2003
    im down. i'm up on lookout, but hey! we're all right there together! count me in!---SORRY IM SO LATE!

22. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    ACTIVITY!!!

Woo Hoo!

Keep the faith SJ. It's all falling into place as I have foreseen.

23. Vast

Vast Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    I'm still waiting for a response about putting fliers in Star Wars books over at McKays.

24. Ra_Skywalker420

Ra_Skywalker420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2003
    activity rocks! yeah man! ::dances a jig:: ::notices everyone staring at her:: um.....heh!

25. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    What's going on guys? How are things developing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.