main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Starting up a Columbus FanForce chapter

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by galen-kenobi, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galen-kenobi

galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I've volunteered to help get a Columbus chapter off the ground. Obviously, the first thing to do is to get together and get organized. Any suggestions on a meeting place? Time?

2. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Well where do you live? I live in Hillard so I can meet anywhere.

3. galen-kenobi

Feb 18, 2002
    I'm in Clintonville. I'm not certain where would be an good place to get together, but does anyone know if the meeting rooms at the Metropolitan Libraries are free?

4. TK670

TK670 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2002
    I am in the Brice Road area...count me in. BTW, anyone else going to CII?

5. galen-kenobi

Feb 18, 2002
    I'll be going to CII. Can't wait.

Let's see. Hilliard, Clintonville, Brice Rd. That covers the width of the city. Any one north or south?

6. Rewind

Rewind Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2001
    I'm out in Hilliard myself. Unfortunately, time is in short supply and I will probably never be able to attend a meeting, but I can always try.

7. galen-kenobi

Feb 18, 2002
    Did a little research on my library idea. The biggest problem is their hours. Most branches close at 6. I think that is a little too restrictive. However, I was checking out other FanForce chapters and noticed that many of them have their meetings at restaurants. Does anyone know of a good place? Ideally, it should be someplace casual, where we could just sit, drink coffee and talk Star Wars.

8. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville is having theirs at the local Shoney's restaurant. We reserved 15 chairs and a few tables in the reservation area. This will actually be a new location for us. We tried a few others and the ambience was just too darned loud. We think Shoney's will work out. ;)

9. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I wish you guys luck. I moved to Phoenix after graduating from OSU last spring and have been involved in getting the group out here started. We're having a great time. I see theres talk of a line up at Lennox, thats where I was last time, that was a good time, bet you can make it even better. :)
    MTFBWY,
    EmprsHandMick

GO BUCKS!

10. Master_MayimNaar

Master_MayimNaar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2001
    I'm in Westerville/New Albany, so I'll be the north/northeast factor.

11. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    How about somewhere in the Easton area? Lots of places to go there!

12. galen-kenobi

Feb 18, 2002
    Any suggestions for a place in the Easton area? I've been tossing around the idea of going to a Steak n' Shake, and I know there is one at Easton. Red Robin might be another place to consider. But no matter where we choose, I'm thinking that meeting sometime between lunch and dinner would be a good idea since that's when it would be least busy.

13. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    (This is Master Mayim Naar, my wife was signed on and it was easier to just post this on her. Besides, I'm watching the OSU basketball game, so I'm distracted somewhat.) Maybe we should all exchange email addresses to make it easier. We live 5 minutes from Easton, so if that's where we want to go, we can suggest places. Personally, I think Red Robin would be fine as long as we don't have too many people. If we have more than 8 or so, it might get too crowded at a table.

14. galen-kenobi

Feb 18, 2002
    Have to agree with you about Red Robin. And of course, I'm hoping we have more than 8 people. Do you have any other ideas?

15. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    I vote for "Joe's crab shack". It's loud and we'll be left alone.

16. TK670

TK670 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2002
    I'm game, Easton isn't that far from me. Wherever, let me know & I should be able to make it.

17. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Keep in mind that loud doesn't always mean better. Nashville had one of their biggest attendance meetings last month, and we conducted it at a Mexican restaurant on a Friday night. The place was packed, loud, and we didn't get anything accomplished besides eat. [face_laugh]

So, just keep that bit in mind when selected your meeting places. :D

18. Master_MayimNaar

Master_MayimNaar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2001
    I'm sure if we got a good, solid count and called ahead, they'd prepare a place for us. What time frame are we looking at here? Next week, two weeks, etc?

19. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    March 9th. So about 2 weeks. I'd say we could even meet at 4:00p.m. so it would be closer to dinner. But it really doesn't matter.

20. deak_starkiller

deak_starkiller Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    I'm a Star Wars fan in the OSU area. Add my name to the list for the March 9th meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.