main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL's Second Annual Halloween Bash! (aka October's meeting)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Hmmm, if anybody plays cs, several friends are working on a group costume, gonna get a bunch of people with l337 krew costumes. Look like the only costume that will be close to done will be that, but I still need all my accessories for it.

2. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ok, so far I have several different things I could bring to eat (mostly dips and ham roll kinds of things). The question is, what kind of crackers/chips do people here like or are bringing? That'll make a difference - could be anything on the spectrum from tortilla to table crackers, if you know what I mean.
    I may do more than one thing to compensate for this being my first meeting; who knows when I'll make another. 'Bout time I put out.

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Now I know I'm leaving the Mrs. at home. hehehehe

4. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Last time I just grabbed a bag of Doritos, Tostitos, Ruffles, pretzels, french onion dip, and salsa...I think. Maybe some BBQ Krunchers, too.

5. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    LOL! I caught that too Tim.

Uh, crackers...I'll be bringing Ritz or something similar for my cheese ball.

6. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ah, yes, about what you caught...See, when I say things like that, it's ironic.
    Motto: You can get away with murder if the world knows you're really a goody-two-shoes.
    mwahah.

7. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Not sure if I'll be able to make it.

This Sucks!

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Sorry! Anyway you could catch the train? The depot is just a couple blocks from the house we're going to be at.

9. mskeezer

mskeezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    How many are going so far? I need to know how many wings to fry...

10. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    I have no idea where that is.

I've never been around there before.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We'd pick you up from there and take care of everything after that.

Give me till tonight on the head count :)

12. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    ok, dont go getting your hopes up, but i might be able to be there. and if it is a yes, then i should be able to drive!!! by myself!!!! btw, my b-day is thursday

13. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    So should I burn a couple "party mix" CDs? If so, any specific requests?

Dajuan, you get a head count yet?

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    No rap, country, or heavy metal. Movie tunes rule as do the Beatles, Floyd and AC-DC

Head count looks just shy of twenty:
    Dajuan + 1
    Ken + 2
    Tim + 1 (?)
    Amy + 1 (?)
    Eric
    Christine + 3
    Tommy
    Elizabeth
    Scott + 1
    John
    Dan (?)
    Kalan (?)

If I count the question marks as half that's 19 (I think). If I missed you I'm sorry just add yourself to the list.

Don't forget your food. We got soda a plenty coming, so if you haven't signed up for anything pick a food product. Thus far we have dogs and buns, a cheese ball, veggies, chips and dip, wings, surprise dessert and my brain fails me for what else.

For the grown-ups we have beer, strawberry dacquris, pina coladas, and rum. Oh and virgin drinks for padawans and non-drinkers.

Please update the lists if I missed something. :D

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    No rap, country, or heavy metal. Movie tunes rule as do the Beatles, Floyd and AC-DC

I have a bunch of CD mixes I have made. One titled "Show Them No Mercy: Swordfighting Mix" which I usually play in the car I drive and at fencing class, and another with just a bunch of stuff on there, including 3 versions of the Imperial March (Rage, Metallica, and one other version)... I just got the Sleepy Hollow soundtrack (good stuff, real creepy), and I have just about every SW soundtrack(except for Shadows of the Empire). I will bring some of the CDs I have I guess.

16. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    I have the compossed soundtracks to,

Rocky III
    Rocky IV
    DareDevil
    Hulk
    X2

I also have the Punisher soundtrack, it has some heavy stuff on it, but it is really good!

Have a few Aerosmith CDs as well.

17. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    including 3 versions of the Imperial March (Rage, Metallica, and one other version)...

Where'd you get those? I've only heard the No Doubt version. (which Kazaa called Metallica)

18. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm curious to hear those as well. I've never heard any of those versions.

19. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    "No rap, country, or heavy metal." Shucks.
    What about mainstream hip-hop like the Black Eyed Peas and such? Is is mostly four-letter words we're trying to avoid, or are we just trying to alienate the kids? ;)

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    What about mainstream hip-hop like the Black Eyed Peas and such? Is is mostly four-letter words we're trying to avoid, or are we just trying to alienate the kids?

Dajuan's head explodes if she hears any of those types of music. So it's just me being picky. Rap and heavy metal are just the two types of music I cannot stand. Country I can tolerate, but just barely. Basically I live in the past music-wise, there is little new stuff I like.

21. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    More than likely we'll end up having to be diplomatic about music selection, just as I have to do when creating a live setlist. Not EVERYONE will love EVERY song, but noone should really feel left out, either. We'll be shakin' our booties, though.

22. gilraen

gilraen Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Should I be clearing an area for a dance floor? :) I personally can't stand hiphop or whatever it called nowadays... but I love heavy metal and classical... hmm what a dilemma... lol

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think the lady rules all. No rap please.

A teaser for the party:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Costumes/LeiaCeremony1.jpg]

:)

24. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    No rap please.

Minimal rap it is....

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Absolutely no Nellie crap then I will walk out if I hear that. PLEASE!!!!

Ok Randy informed me that I sounded like a whiney baby with that remark. How about this for a deal. No Nellie, no songs that have lots of curse words, put down women or gays, say the n-word or f-word. Will that work for everyone? I think in general most people aren't very big on it here that's why we always outlaw it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.