main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~Storm~~~ (Some angst and torture)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Title: Storm
    Author: SiriGallia
    Rating: PG (For some violence)
    Main Charectors: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Tres
    Spoilers: None
    Summery: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are on their way to the planet of Rish-Eck to settle a dispute between Governors. On the way they get caught in a storm that seems to be traveling through space in a sort of Nova. They reach the planet and try to convince the authorities of the danger of the storm, but can they convince them before it's too late?

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"OH NO!!" You all cry. "HERE'S ANOTHER ON OF SIRIGALLIA'S STUPID STORIES!!"

Well 'fraid so, but bare with me, I'm posting all my worst stories first and slowly getting to my better ones soooo....anyway, here it is:

Storm

Obi-Wan Kenobi felt hot. He couldn't remember when it had started, but he knew that steadily the air inside the ship had gotten hot, then it had gotten humid. Obi-Wan stumbled out of bed. His Master Qui-Gon Jinn had told him to sleep, but Obi-Wan couldn't sleep in that kind of humidity. He moved to the door and opened it. He was shocked to find that his room had be retaining a good deal of cool air, because suddenly it felt more humid than before. The apprentice walked down the corridor to the front console were the hired pilot was flying the ship, Obi-Wan saw that Qui-Gon was already there. The two adults were talking, so Obi-Wan didn't say anything for a moment.

"What is all this?" Qui-Gon asked gesturing out the front veiwport. Obi-Wan squinted at the cloudy fog in front of the view port.

"It's space humidity." The pilot, Centon shook his head.

"Is that normal?" Qui-Gon asked steadily.

"Nope." Centon clacked his teeth for a moment. "I'd say there's some sort of anti-normality going on here." Qui-Gon rolled his eyes.

"Why are you driving right through it?" Obi-Wan asked, finally bringing attention to himself.

"Not really another choice kid, this is the shortest distance between two points, and, I will add, there is no way around this fog. It was spread out for a good distance." Centon paused. "What planet did you say you were going to?"

"Rish-Eck." Qui-Gon responded, staring out at the thick fog.

"I'd worry about them, Mr. Jinn. This fog is going somewhere, and it'll pick up on someone's gravitational pull. I think this Rish-Eck place is the closest planet to this spot."

"You're saying this fog could be dangerous?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"I'm saying that I think the people of Rish-Eck are in for a storm."

Comments?

2. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yes, one comment. Sssoooo?? When are you going to post again? :D That sounds good!

I'm waiting! :)

3. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanx Nat! :)

"Major Tres?" The Junior officer was getting fidgety, a common sign to alert Tres that something wasn't right.

"What is it, Vri?"

"Sir, is this green indicator light suppose to be blinking?" Tres took a sip of his tea.

"It's probably the satellite rebound, don't worry about it."

"But sir that's this indicator light." Tres shrugged it off, he didn't even entertain the thought that the flashing light was a heavy storm warning, there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

"Look, Vri, it's just a malfunction, smack it hard and see if that cures it." The officer slammed the light, but it continued to flash. Finally Tres moved over to the station. Suddenly his attention was perked. "Vri, go get Doctor La'enar down here."

"Yes sir." The officer hurried out of the room.

"This can't be right." Tres mumbled. He studied the sky outside again, the cloudless sky was beginning to gather small clouds, but nothing to indicate massive storms. Just then Heana La'enar came in with Vri behind her.

"What's going on Major?" She asked moving around to the terminal. Tres pointed out the door.

"Does that look like a stormy day to you, Doctor La'enar?" Heana was used to pointed questions from Tres. She shook her head.

"No sir."

"What does this look like?" Tres asked pointing to the computer terminal. Heana came over to the computer and studied the readouts.

"These are massive storm warnings, look at this," Her eyes looked panicked. "Flood warning, tornado warnings, shake up warnings. Major," She turned to Tres. "This is impossible." Tres was leaning against the terminal.

"That's what I think, but there it is, computers, to my knowledge, are not able to make mistakes like that." Heana shook her head.

"They don't." She paused, her dark eyes probing his. "What do we do."

"Wait it out." Tres shrugged. "If it starts to look like rain, I suppose we'll call the governor."

"We can't do that!" Vri said quickly. "He's about to start that big peace conference." Tres turned to the officer.

"Vri, we aren't intending to tell the governor about this, unless it's dire, then we will have no choice."

This plan would have been perfect. No peace. He didn't want peace, he wanted revenge, but now the Jedi were coming. This plan wouldn't be so easy anymore.

4. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    oh tengo gusto de esto mucho! please continue!
    Felicia Z.

5. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanx Felicia UP! (I'll post soon! :) )

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Wonderful start, Siri! :)

7. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    YYEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You started it!!!!!!!!! I love it so far!!!!!!!!
    *pauses* Wait a minute, did you say tornadoes?? *feels the Oklahoma Girl part of her kick up* Oh yeah... I can't wait!!! Post more soon!!!

8. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Sara: Thanks a bunch Sara!!!
    Arwen: YEEHAA!! Great to see you! Yeah, I'd thought you like that whole tornado thing ;)

Chapter 2

Another blast of lightning rocked the ship. Centon steadily sped the ship through the turbulence.

"This is not normal." He muttered.

"Is that a clear up there ahead?" Obi-Wan asked leaning over the pilot's shoulder.

"Yeah, I think so kid, okay hold on." With a burst of speed, Centon pushed the ship through the growing moister and fog. Obi-Wan felt sweaty, but he didn't care at the moment. He watched as Centon steered the ship. Suddenly with an earsplitting crack, they broke through the barrier of turbulence. Centon let out a whoop and pushed the ship far ahead of the clouds. "That storm may pass over our friends at Rish-Eck yet, Jedi." He said looking back over his shoulder. He shook his head. "That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen." Obi-Wan glanced at Qui-Gon, the Jedi Master was staring ahead at the planet that was just coming into view.

"I hope nothing goes wrong on this mission." Obi-Wan could hear a definite meaning in his words.

"Major, come look at this!" This time Tres was there in a heartbeat.

"What is it Vri?"

"Look at this satellite readout." Heana said softly. She pointed to the computer screen.

"What readout?" Tres asked staring at the black screen.

"Exactly." Heana said, she bit her lip.

"What do you think it means?" Vri asked shakily.

"I don't know, I'm the Meteorologist here not the major of domestic defense." Heana turned to Tres." What do you think it means?" Tres studied the blank screen again.

"I think it means that we are going to have one big down pour, if it managed to nab our satellites, it must be coming in from above the atmosphere." Heana nodded.

"You want to tell the Governor?"

"No, I think for now this storm might pass over us."

"Don't be silly Major, this thing looks to have been floating through space." Heana chided.

"What do you mean?" Vri questioned.

"She means that there is a big accumulation of winds, vapor and electricity floating in a foggy cloud, it has been floating harmlessly through space, it's like a supper nova that doesn't stand still, but it's full of whether catastrophes." It was coming to Tres in a flash but it was a little slower coming to Vri.

"Why is it headed here?"

"It's caught our gravity." Tres said quietly.

Just as a comment if you didn't read the trailer, I casted Major Tres as Tommy Lee Jones, I don't know, I could just see him in this part ;)

9. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Tommy Lee Jones? Yes, he would fit the character...

Up! :)

10. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Cool post! Up!

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Tommy Lee Jones- yes I could hear his voice saying those lines.

12. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nat: Yeah, that's what I thought ;)
    Arwen: Thanx! Arwen! :)
    Kitara: Thank you! I'm glad you think that :D

"We came to negotiate peace, we can't do that until the terms on both sides are agreed!" Qui-Gon stated for the tenth time. Obi-Wan admitted to himself that he had been counting. For the most part the apprentice was happy to sit quietly and let Qui-Gon do the talking, he had managed, over the years, to grow accustomed to peace conferences. He was sixteen now, and Qui-Gon had given him two jobs during negotiations, to listen, and look out for traps. Which was what Obi-Wan was trying to do. Except these two governors argued more than they breathed, making it hard to concentrate on anything.

"He isn't giving me the rightful due." Governor Jerris snapped.

"Your rightful due?" Governor Quadica's senator, Proshe' snarled. "Governor Quadica's offers have been more than civil!"

"I can conclude then that the terms are not agreed?" Qui-Gon said dryly.

"You most certainly can," Jerris scoffed at Qui-Gon's 'ignorance'. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. He glanced out the window, he realized that clouds had been collecting rather swiftly. Suddenly their was a buzz from the main terminal, the secretary flicked it on.

"Governor Quadica?"

"Speaking." Quadica replied.

"This Major Xacori Tres," The voice over the comm sounded. "We just wanted to let you know that we have spotted a heavy storm, but I think it will pass over us."

"Thank you for your report major." Quadica replied before Senator Proshe' said something about 'interrupting business'. The governor switched off the comm.

"I call for an adjournment until the opposing side can call up a better offer for peace." Jerris smirked.

"I agree." Quadica said, fatigue showing on his face. The council members filed out and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were the last to leave.

"I think I know were we're going next," Obi-Wan said casually.

"Oh?" Qui-Gon cocked an eyebrow. "Where?"

"The Rish-Eck weather lab." Obi-Wan replied.

Tres leaned back away from the comm. "Do you mind telling me major, what sort of foolish tactic you call that?" Heana asked stiffly.

"Of cores I'll tell you." Tres responded. "The governor is a man who will tell you that the people need to know, I will tell you that the people should not know, until we know for sure." Tres sipped at his tea. "If we tell the governor, he'll tell the Risheckians, and we'll have chaos." Heana nodded.

"I can see the logic in that."

"Yes well, logical explanations will only take us so far, I'm afraid." Tres gazed at the blank satellite screen. "I have no logical explanation for this."

"What about a space storm, I still think that it's possible."

"But hardly logical." Tres shrugged. "We'll find out, but for now--"

"Sir," Vri came into the room. "The two Jedi ambassadors wish to speak with you." Tres glanced at Heana.

"Send them in." Tres said finally.

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey cool another Siri story!!
    Yay! hehe

Great start! I'm an okie gal too so I know tornados all too well ;)

14. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Snowbee Really? That's cool! :)

15. Rainbow_Moon_Angel

Rainbow_Moon_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Great story! Does the name Tres have anything to do with the french word for very(très)? Am I onto something, or am I just being silly?

16. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Angel *laughs* No, I just came up with his name. I didn't know it meant anything :)

Qui-Gon felt that uncertainty the moment he entered the room. A man with dark hair crossed the room. "Good afternoon gentlemen." He greeted them. "I am Major Xacori Tres, of Domestic Defense." He shook Qui-Gon's hand then Obi-Wan's.

"I am Qui-Gon Jinn, and this is my apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Pleased to meet you." Tres responded. "This is our meteorologist, Doctor Heana La'enar." Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan exchanged hand shakes with the young woman. "May I question the nature of your visit?" Tres asked sitting behind his desk.

"I think we should warn you about a space storm we spotted. I believe you think it will pass over you." Tres nodded.

"As of now, we are going with that story."

"So you don't believe it will pass over?" Obi-Wan asked.

"We aren't sure, there is a good possibility that it won't, but we have never really seen anything like it."

"Well, I can tell you that it is a cloud of dangers." Qui-Gon stated plainly. "We had to get our ship through it, and it is not something you want to hit your planet."

"You went through it?!" Heana exclaimed, her eyes bright. "What was it like on the inside?"

"It was humid the whole way, so we are certain it contained evaporated water. We were rocked by lightning constantly and their were whirlwinds that shot through it, so the wind activity is highly unstable."

"Master Jinn," Tres interrupted, getting to his feet. "I'm not sure if you are in understanding, something like this would have spread out into oblivion by now, what is keeping this thing going?"

"I would assume it's compactness." Qui-Gon said simply. "It is so tight it can't evaporate further, it's like a super nova." Tres exchanged a glance with Heana.

"I see."

"I think you should give an alert." Qui-Gon said. "The people have to get to shelter."

"That sir is an impossibility." Tres stated. "There is no way we can give that kind of warning until we're sure this thing isn't going to pass over us." Qui-Gon's eyes flashed.

"Major, you have to tell these people what they're up against!"

"Master Jinn," Tres said getting to his feet. "You tell these people that something that we can't predict or prevent is going to hit this planet, and you will have no end of trouble. Now we aren't sure how bad this thing is anyway, maybe turbulence in the sky is bad, but by the time it come through our atmosphere, it will come in slowly."

"You can't insure that lives won't be in jeopardy." Qui-Gon retorted.

"Jinn, I will tell you right now that I am not a very nice man, and I am liable to get nasty with you." Qui-Gon didn't say anything. "There is a hundred to one chance that this thing will hit and, no offence, but you are field agent, and I am the Major of Domestic Defense." Qui-Gon still said nothing, but finally he nodded and started for the door, Obi-Wan following behind him. Qui-Gon opened the door and turned.

"I beg you reconsider, Major Tres, you're making a big mistake."

"If the situation excels, rest assured, we will give a high rank warning." Tres replied.

"With all do respect, Major, you haven't seen this thing up close, I have. If it's going to hit your planet, the situation won't excel, it will break through your atmosphere and drop right on top of you." Tres didn't respond, Qui-Gon turned and he and Obi-Wan walked out of the room.

Chapter 3

Nothing else was said as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon went to their apartment. Obi-Wan knew that Qui-Gon wasn't pleased with Tres' decision, and the boy decided no to say anything about it. Night was falling slowly, and after a quick meal and exercises Obi-Wan sat reading a data pad. Qui-Gon sat down next to him. Obi-Wan looked up and smiled at his master, then went back to reading. He was trying to learn about weather conditions, wind speeds and lightning energy. "Funny how this stuff used to make me so board," Obi-Wan said as he read over the flood rates. "Now I feel I should know it." Qui-Gon shook his head.

"Tres

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    It sounds like our favorite jedi are going to have alot more to do than just listen to governors squabble.

18. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
  19. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Kitara: Thank you faithful reader! :) Here's another post:

Tres was dozing off. As a rule he tried to stay awake nights and take short naps during the day when nothing would happen, but the night was so peaceful, he didn't feel like staying awake.

Suddenly, an alarm went off, high and shrill. Tres turned and ran over to it flicking it off he checked the alarm number. It was number 5944-A33. "Winds are picking up." Tres mumbled.

"Major!" Heana came running into the room. "The vapor overload sensor is going berserk! Something big is hitting us." Tres noted that she didn't immediately mention the space storm, but Tres was certain that was what it was. Just then another alarm blared. Tres jumped over the desk and clicked it off.

"Number 68-GQ3." Tres read aloud. "We're getting energy frequency off the mark." Heana grabbed the door frame.

"It's coming." She whispered.

"I think 'coming' came and went," Tres said. "It's here." Tres stared out the window a great bolt of lightning zigzagged through the air. "Alert the people, we have a storm on our hands."

Obi-Wan sat straight up in bed as a siren blared through the void of his sleep. Obi-Wan realized he'd fallen asleep reading, he turned as Qui-Gon came in. Qui-Gon looked at him.

"A storm." He said quietly. Obi-Wan bit his lip and looked outside. Lightning flashed brightly, illuminating his face.

"How bad is it?" Obi-Wan asked. Qui-Gon pulled his travel cloak of the wall.

"I don't know, I'm going to the lab to find out from Tres."

"Master, you can't walk the way; you'll get hurt." Obi-Wan looked out the window again.

"I'll be fine, and back in a little while." Qui-Gon opened the door as a roar of thunder cracked through the night. Obi-Wan watched as Qui-Gon left. He looked out the window and as the lightning zigzagged through the sky, he tried not to worry.

Suddenly he saw something strange out the window. He squinted hard. In a flash of lightning, he spotted a dark mass of swirling cloud, it was wide and tapered smaller near the bottom. Obi-Wan was suddenly moving. That could only be one thing: a tornado. He grabbed his lightsaber from his room and ran outside into the apartment lobby. No one was there. He heard a tornado siren go off in the distance and people began to run out of their rooms and towards the door. Obi-Wan ushered everyone out and didn't leave himself until he was sure everyone was out, then he ran outside. The wind had picked up and he saw the tornado vividly only a half a mile away. A woman screamed when she saw it.

"Run!" A man called, everyone ran forward, no one knew were they were going and Obi-Wan knew that panic had taken a hard hold. The lightning had begun striking the ground, Obi-Wan sensed it before it struck which saved a girl, he grabbed her and rolled out of the way as the lightning struck the tree she had been standing by, the situation was getting tense.

"Listen!" He called. "We need to find a storm shelter!" The woman next to him said that her sister had large shelter. "Where?" Obi-Wan asked breathing hard.

"Two blocks more." Obi-Wan desperately tried to tell everyone where they were going, but he was still shocked that everyone finally made it to the shelter. The woman knocked frantically on the door of the shelter. "Brinn it's me!" The door was opened and the twenty-three people ran into the shelter. Brinn was obviously shocked by the amount of people.

"What's going on?" One man asked Obi-Wan as if somehow it was the boy's fault. "We had no tornado warnings!"

"What are we going to do?" One woman moaned.

"Where's my doll?!" A girl screamed. Obi-Wan felt his head reeling, but he was the only calm person in the shelter, so he had to do something.

"Ma'am?" He walked over to Brinn. She nodded stiffly, fear in her eyes. "Hello my name is Obi-Wan Kenobi, I was just wondering if you had some food to feed the children?" Brinn nodded and randomly pulled items off the shelves of the shelter, she handed them to Obi-Wan who passed them out to t

20. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    *Is on the edge of her seat* YES!!! The (um, first? Maybe more?) tornado scene!!! WHOOOHOOO!!!!!!! UP!

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I knew there was a reason not to live in tornado country :)

22. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Well, I do live in tornado country and have gone through some tornado warnings and my family has been through two. It's really scary. Even severe wind storms are not fun. I can image what Obi and those other people are going through.

~Swede :p

23. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow that's very intense! I can't wait to see what happens next... :)

24. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *gets on knees* please post soon *tugs on Siris shirt* Please please lease post soon! Need to know what happens *hint hint gladly awaiting some Obi/Angst I hope!*

Great Fic!

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Arwen: *laughs* Glad you liked it Arwen!! You and your tornados ;)

Kitara: Yeah! No kidding :D

Swede: Yeah, I've lived through several Tornado warnings when I lived in IL and we had one that tried to form over our house once [face_shocked] but now we live in a mountainous contry where...um...they're not as pletiful! ;)

Nat: Thanx Nat!!

Ganki: *giggles and carefully moves out of Ganki's range* Thank you Ganki! Here's a post: ;)

Qui-Gon was quickly ushered into the weather lab's office. Tres and Heana were running around the room with Vri and several other men and woman. Qui-Gon waited until Tres noticed him.

"Well Jinn," Tres said suddenly hitting a tornado alarm button. "'I told you so' would be a perfectly fitting comment at this point." Qui-Gon shook his head.

"I'm not here to tell you that Major, how bad is it?" Tres glanced at the chrono meter at the same time as he read over a printout of the wind speeds.

"Bad." He said simply.

"The winds are coming on the fastest." Heana informed him. "The lightning is dropping like crazy, it's the vapor is what is taking the longest to sift through the atmosphere." She bit her lip. "But it's still coming."

"How long before the full vapor clouds sift through, doctor?" Qui-Gon asked.

"A matter of hours, the biggest problem is that once it breaks through it will break above Opria lake. It's a walled in lake, but a the walls can't hold all that water." Heana moved across the room to help a woman with the lightning meter.

"What's the general report?" Qui-Gon asked Tres.

"We're looking at whirlwinds off the coast, lightning in the drylands, rain is a steady thing, tornadoes have been ripping through residential areas. This place has become a world of storms." Suddenly Qui-Gon moved to the terminal.

"Were are you getting tornadoes?"

"Through these area's, a whole apartment building was taken out off the main street." Tres pointed out the spot on the computer. Qui-Gon's mind went blank as the thought struck him.

"Obi-Wan."

Chapter 4

Jerris stared out at the wind that was swirling leaves around in uncontrollable torrent. Another flash of lightning sliced through the black sky a steady rain was pelting the window. The dark figure next to the Senator did not speak, but Jerris finally broke the silence.

"I am hiring you to assassinate those Jedi." The man, Draike glanced at the Senator, then to the whirling wind out side.

"What about this storm?" He asked acidly.

"It should work to your advantage" Jerris said with a sneer. "You may have as many men as you would like to help you."

"I will need only five." Draike said with a smile. Jerris nodded.

"You shall have them." The Senator turned his glanced back out the window. "A piece of advice, Draike. Their weakness is each other. Obi-Wan would to do anything to save his master, and Qui-Gon would die for that boy. You have one, you have them both." Draike smiled slyly.

"I understand."

Obi-Wan felt the wind pull at him as he grabbed the boy. The tornado was trying to suck both right out of the shelter. Quickly grabbing a floor board that was not set correctly, Obi-Wan placed himself between the boy and the yanking wind. It seemed like a year before the wind's hard pull lessened to a light tug, then disappeared. He breathed hard, but finally stood and scooped the terrified child off the floor and handed him to his mother, she tried to convey a 'thank you' but her words were drowned out by her fear.

"Everyone who wants can stay here!" Obi-Wan called. "But I need to find a friend of mine." He climbed out the broken shelter door. The night was frightening, the wind was a great wave of harsh air. The lightning crackled over head loudly. Obi-Wan ran through the rain, he was roughly certain of his direction, but he knew he was getting sent off course by the driving wind.

He pushed himself forward, trying not to think about what would happen if

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.