main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strands of Time Planning Thread SPOILERS!!!!!!-*Important Announcement*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AngelQueen, Aug 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Good luck at your graduation LadyK! I don't graduate for another two years, sadly. But I did have a very good friend who graduated this year. I'm gonna miss him... Ok, I think I'll leave this train of thought before I start to cry.

::AQ hugs JA:: You're most certainly welcome, JA! I didn't mind writing the post! So you'll be writing the next post? Cool! Can't wait!

Yeah, LadyK brought the idea up when she was betaing the last post for me. Perhaps the argument could be about Alia and how Grandma Padme didn't agree to having Luke taking her as his Padawan at such a young, but Grandpa Ani saw it as necessary, since he knows what she'll be facing soon enough. But lil' Alia, being as young as she was when she 'overheard' this argument, didn't truly understand until now.

What do you guys think? And look! We've hit Page 50!!! Cool!

AQ

2. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *AQ steps in and brushes the thick cobwebs away. She sneezes from the dust*

Okay everyone. I'm going to say it. This story is practically dead. It's been months since anyone has posted anything, so I'm going to ask: Should this thread and the story thread be locked?

Let's hear your thoughts on this.

AQ

3. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    My thoughts? :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
    But I can see that the story is dead... I promise I won't cry (too much) if you all declare it officially dead. :(

Ahh! I just looked at the story thread and Ish posted there! :eek:

4. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    I saw it Loli! Imagine my surprise when I saw that Ish had dropped in for a brief visit! :eek: I started to cry! :_|

And it's not that I want to shut this down, it just seems unfair to keep up the hopes of the readers when it seems that the authors have lost interest.

Perhaps the Force is telling us that it is time to let Alia and the gang to rest. :(

At least, we'll let the gang rest in this story. ;) I've big plans for some of them in other stories. :)

AQ

5. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    You know when I went to check my hotmail inbox today after today, imagine my surprise to find it filled with over 120 emails and one of them was announcing a PM from you which was from two days ago. I had a feeling that I knew what your PM was about and I was right!!

This would be my first post here on the JC for quite a few weeks! I don't want this thread and the story to shut down, but considering how I haven't even had the time to visit some of my favourite threads on the JC for quite sometime, it shows that I wouldn't be able to participate with the story...

And yes, I believe that the story and this planning thread should be shut down... even though this place has been filled with so many memories!!

You guys were my greatest friends here and the best writing buddies I had. I truly hope that we don't grow further apart after this.

Hugs to all!!

(Yeesh I've been gone so long that I nearly forgot how to do italics!)

Sniffles

:(

6. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *whimpers and hugs JA* You've been the greatest too, hon! :)

AQ

7. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Hi ladies,

We all predict we?d have to come to the stake in the road and make this decision sometime ? probably ever since Ish has been gone. Thank you, AQ, for bringing this up. It was just a matter of time, and due to the fact we all have busy lives, I agree with JA. The time spent working on this project has taught me a lot more than I realised, and helped to establish me at JC when I was a newbie ? although, our time has passed. This tale was very popular in the first segment, and we might have dried the river when we urged another part into creation.

I?d love to continue this, but I have no imagination left for the storyline, and no time to write. This planning thread holds so many great memories, and I think I speak for all of us when I say we?re going to miss the company we kept within this place. As JA said, I hope we still stay the best of friends, and send each other PMs occasionally to keep in touch. However, that?s not to say we should close it down ? Mar and LadyK still have to give their opinions to the vote.

In any case, I?d like to devote a few ?goodbyes? to each one of you;

AQ, dear AQ - you bloomed this bud into a beautiful flower. You aided me in learning the tricks of the trade, and having my name circulated about. I don?t know what I would have done, had it not been for your geniuses. I hope you continue to marvel others with your loyalty, friendship, creative ideas, and that bright personality of yours.

JA, levelheaded JA - we?d never associated with each other before SoT, and I don?t think we would have. I know I?ve found a good friend in you. You have a stunning writing ability, which I beg you to do something with. Just keep being who you are, and that individuality functioning.

Ish, dearest Ish - I feel as though I should write a note that you might never see. You?ve struck a cord in all our hearts, and please know, that my best wishes are with you.

LadyK, sweet LadyK - you?ve been the emotion and humour during all this. You?ve sparkled with something else ? oh, how I?d love to meet you in real life. You?ve been such a good friend and talented author to work with, it?s hard to let go.

Mar, glistening Mar ? what can I say? I didn?t know how to greet you when you were accepted into our circle, but following a period of getting to know you, I decided to do so with warm emotions and flying multi-coloured streamers. I wish you well on all those other projects, my close friend, my sith padawan, and my dearest collaborator.

Thank you all! *hugs* I think I?ll just sneak off and wipe my eyes.

Love, Am [face_love]

(PS: AQ, I recommend we at least try to get Strands of Time into the archive, as more of a happy memory and farewell, than anything else)

8. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *bursts into tears*

I guess I should leave my farewells as well... *whimpers*

Am, Dearest of Dears
    You were the first to agree to write in this series with me. That seems like a lifetime ago. You may have be been a newbie then, but you never seemed so to me. Your delightful style really added a sweet tone to the story. And I think you're right. We really should try and get ToT into the Archive. Unfortunately, when my computer went kaboom, it took the betaed version with it. Such a shame, Qwi did such a wonderful job on it.

JA, Our Link
    JA, you kept our feet planted firmly on the ground when our need to fly amongst the clouds got a little out of hand. You helped to shape me as a writer, teaching me not to get carried away with a characters strengths and weaknesses. Thank you so much.

LadyK, Confidence Booster and Boostie
    You always seemed to have such faith in our abilities. Even when we were unsure, you had faith in us. Such faith is a treasure that I hope to never lose.
    And I will always remember the times when you felt that you'd totally messed up on a post, and it turned out to be one of the best pieces of the story. You have faith is us, my friend. Have faith in yourself.

Mar, the Late but Welcome Final Addition
    You didn't join us until
    Choice of Fate, but I'm ever so glad you did. You added a new element to the series, and even though it was never finished, I'm glad you came to us.

Ish, the Kindred Spirit
    Am is right. You may never read this, but you are as a part of our group as the rest of us.
    Just as JA did, you helped to shape me as a writer. You opened the door to the wonderful world of character (especially Luke) torture. For that, I can never thank you enough.

Our achievements here may be forgotten in the passage of time, but that does not matter. We ourselves will remember, and that is most important. No matter how many there are of us at one point, we will always remember that we are members of the Sithly Six.

~AQ

9. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    Walks into thread and sniffs loudly. I'm really going to miss working on this story with all of you. It was such a great experience, but all good things must come to an end eventually. It's how we make room for other more spectacular events. I wish all of you the best of luck with writing, or whatever it is you may decide to do. :) It has been a pleasure. I'll leave my goodbyes as well. :_|

AQ - The Mastermind You started this whole thing. I'll never forget reading that first post on ToT and just knowing that I had to be a part of it. I want to thank you for your creative mind and giving us all the opportunity to florish. I'm truly glad I was able to have the opportunity of knowing you.

Am - Our Backbone When things got tough and posts were slim you always seemed to keep the spirts high. Your talent as a writer has done nothing but flourish over this year. I remember when you were but and newbie and I read your first A/A story, I knew I'd be hearing your name more. I wish you luck with your continued success. Thank you for the chance to write along side you.

JA - Our Rock You kept things level when our imaginations ran away with us. That is key to a good story. Things must be believable, and you kept us on a sane level. Your an amazing writer and I hope you continue. I loved betaing your stories. I only regret not having the time to continue it. Good luck with all future accomplishments, it has really been a pleasure.

Mar - Our strength You, perhaps more than the rest of us, fought to keep this story alive. DRL had us all held under and yet you still came back fighting. I wasn't sure what to think when you joined our little group, but you brought such an added element to the story it was amazing. Full of laughter and strength I have no doubt that you will do great things. Good luck and I'm thankful to have had the chance to work with you.

Ish - The darkness without which, the light could never shine Ish your posts were some of the best writing I have ever seen. Dark and mysterious, you carried off scenes which I never thought possible. I wish you the best in life. It was an honor to work with you.

So goodbye everyone. I will probably not be on the boards anymore. College has taken up all of my spare time. :( It has been a great experience to write with you all. Thanks for the opportunity. May the force be with you. :)

Goodnight.

10. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *bursts into tears again*

Thank you for such kind words, LadyK. We'll all miss you around here! *whimpers*

AQ

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I love you girls *hugs*

Over roughly a period of a year, we've shared laughs and coped with the nagging desperation of DRL. Now, this book is closing for the last time, and never will another child turn another page - because, if they do so, the book will vanish into ashes.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Goodbye dear SoT! Farewell in memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.