main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends ~ Strictly Business ~, Short Story, Leila /Jango Series 1, completed 8/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Nobody in my stories cares much, Vadey. They're all convinced [face_money_eyes] As following srtories will show. Who's going to sell whom, though, that's gonna be tricky.;)
    [:D] For steady support. Cookies and tea in the next story.

I know it's perfect, NiobeAsha, because I only steal from the best.[face_blush] Lanna? Points if you know from where I got it.;)
    [:D] For reading and commenting.

[:D] Lurkers. I saw you.;)

And the next one is up: Misconception
    Hop on over and read, I know you want to.:p

2. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Okay, getting started on this, here?s my reply for the first four posts.

I really like the opening description; I could definitely see Graden, Leila, and their surroundings in my mind?s eye.

Jango?s a Fett alright. :D I like their not-so-friendly partnership already.

And then a section like this shows that ol? Jango?s a person too. A very closed-off person, but human nonetheless. I liked the insight into his character.

How much could I make selling subscriptions to Entertaining Made Simple for the Busy Bounty Hunter? ;)

Not only is Jango written very realistically, your OC Leila is a very enjoyable POV character. Great work, Lanna! I?ll absolutely be back for the rest of the story. :D

3. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Returning for the rest of the fic?

I like the little interlude on hunters and prey. Very nicely done. =D=

Leila definitely thinks in terms of the bottom line. :p

At a certain point, I lost track of this review; I was just reading it, and enjoying. But it was all good stuff. The hit was played in such a simple understated way. ?Strictly Business? indeed. :D That final beat in Fett and Leila?s back-and-forth was great.

Excellent story, Lanna! Now on to number 2!

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Sorry, Face, I thought you'd use the 'edit' for the second part of the review, or I would have answered sooner. [face_blush]

I really like the opening description

Good, I like to drag the readers in right from the start. Graden was especially easy to realize. Guess he's an archetype.

I like writing Jango, I really do. And I'm happy you think I do a good job of it.:D
    How much fun would it be, if they liked each other? None. See, this is much better.

Bottom line.
    I had to look that up, but you're right, she's quite the mercenary.
    The last beat was stolen, though.[face_blush] It's one of the best lines ever and cannot be in stories too much.

understatment
    *gasp* :eek:
    You just revealed my fave writing style. Glad I managed to make it work.[face_dancing]

And don't worry about reading so much you forgot to review. I think that's a great compliment.
    [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.