main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Strike Force Bowling League - Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    At the meeting I showed those in attendance the logo I thought for bowling shirts if we are interested. Here is a peek at it. Let me know what you think?

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/vlattimo/bowling-shirt.jpg]

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    That looks pretty sweet. I will be posting the final details very soon.

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    We are officially signed up for the league at Noble Manor Lanes and it starts on Tuesday, Oct 4. The $10.99 fee per week will include shoes and three games of bowling. You will get the Stae Wars themed ball and (I think) bowling bag upon completion of the league. There will also be other options to pay a little more and get some other items instead instead of the ball (such as a Darth Vader standee and poster set) or you can pay even more and get all of the items available.

I tried to get some more people from other groups to join, but the location and timing didn't work out... though I am still holding out hope. The person in charge of the league didn't know how many people were signed up, so something tells it might be just us 6.

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If we are going to get tshirts I am waiting on approval from Lucas Film.

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I forgot to mention Rox's logo design in the minutes [face_blush] Sorry. Its a fantastic design!

I do want to bowl in the league. Unfortunately, on Tuesday Oct 4 I need to go to a school board meeting. Is it possible for me to go in on an earlier date and bowl and have the scores saved for Tuesday night??? In the other league I was in, even if you were abs you still had to pay, so I'm willing to pay for Tuesday. If I can go in earlier in the week and bowl, I'll pay then. If not, could someone throw in the $11 for me and I'll pay them back??

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Yes, you can do that. Call the lanes and ask for Jeremy. He should have your name and I don't think it will be a problem as he mentioned that you can prebowl.
    412-922-4622

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm. I may have gotten the night of the school board meeting wrong. I'm going to check on it tomorrow. I really hope that I got the date wrong, so I can go bowling on Tuesday.

8. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    Sorry guys. But I dont think Ill be able to make the first night. Im leaving for New York City in an hour and I wont be back till tuesday night. If anyone needs to get a hold of me they can do so by calling my cell..

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I did get the date wrong, so I will be bowling Tuesday! :)

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Just a reminder the league starts tonight.

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Week 1 Scores

Ginger (105)(94)(125)
    Rox (126)(138)(109)
    Greencat (89)(107)(126)
    Fluke (69)(162)(105)
    Marie (115)(90)(91)

I was able to obtain both the highest [face_dancing] and lowest :oops: score of the evening!

12. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Fluke... What's even more amusing is that your score for your final game is almost exactly the average of the first (worst) and second (best) game bowled. Only ten points off. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeird!!!

Cue the music,
    Yours Truly

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    It was a very fun evening! I'm sad I'm going to miss the 11th, but I can't wait until the 18th!

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Bowling tomorrow, is everyone besides Chris (greencat) gonna be there?

15. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    Due to work being a bitch, I am not going to be able to make it. It looks like they arent going to let me leave early after all. So I wont be able to join. I dont know if I am too late anyway, but im really bummed about it. I really wanted to join. Sorry guys and gals..

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Sorry that you won't be able to make it dlocke. It might be possible that you 'join' the league but just bowl when you can if you still want the ball. They previously told me that you couldn't do that but I think as long as you pay it wouldn't be a problem.

For tonight, I probably won't bowl at 6:30 since Marie has a school function. We are going to try and come later to make it up, but I am not sure what time. I called the bowling alley and *gasp* they were able to answer my question and said it would be ok.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    That sucks...guess we'll see you guys next week.

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Here are the scores for this week.

Fluke (153)(128)(140)
    Marie (95)(96)(103)
    Ginger (118)(103)(112)
    Rox (91)(127)(98)
    Greencat (97)(117)(91)

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sorry we didn't call to let you know we weren't going to make it. I had to work late and didn't have my cell to get one of your numbers to call you. What were the scores from last week Dan?

20. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Actually, we were not able to make it either, with my car trouble and some other things that I had to get done.

I am sorry for not letting anyone know beforehand.

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I was there, with Colby. I discovered that although the snack bar makes tasty fries, their hamburgers are disgusting (I ate about three bites and threw the rest away).

Since no one else was there (except the ten year old), after I finished eating, home I went. I think Colby might have practiced bowling a bit . . .

Once home, I watched the deleted scenes on the ROTS DVD (while the founding of the rebellion scenes should have definetly been kept in the movie, I agree with Uncle George about the openning sequence being changed)

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    No one posted the scores from last week and its nearly this week.

I'm planning on bringing along my nine year old nephew this Tuesday. He's a major Star Wars fanboy and will hopefully be good company for Colby.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    This weeks scores

Terry (Rox) 169 174 124
    Ginger 109 91 121
    Chris (Greencat) 104 104 109
    James 36 42 57

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
  25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Chris' nephew James is going to be bowling with us now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.