main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Stuff you would not have in the OT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by nitinblurayfan, Sep 6, 2012.

1. nitinblurayfan

nitinblurayfan Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    There are a lot of things people would not have in the PT. But what about the OT? What do you think should not have been in the OT?

This can be a certain scene, a character interaction, costume, etc.

For me - (Just my opinions)

The Luke/Leia kiss in ESB should have never happened. That moment is really uncomfortable every time I watch it.

Rotj shouldn't have had Ewoks in the final battle. Imagine how great it would have been if it was the rebels vs imperials in the style of squad based combat like Black Hawk Down/Battlefront with the rebels using the environment as camouflage like Rambo.

Leia shouldnt have been in the bun hair-do for the majority of ANH (blasphemy, I know :p ). She should have worn this costume and this hair-do in ANH. She looks so much better than in the bun hair-do. They could have done the bun hair for the final medal scene.

[​IMG]

2. FirstStarWars

FirstStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    what no ewok battle, i think that would take away the point the movie.

3. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Yeah I pretty much wouldn't take anything out of the OT. Keep Ewoks and I say even keep the kiss. Yes I know it's gross but that scene wasn't about Luke and Leia, it was about Han and Leia.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe the Ewoks could have been made just a little more intimidating, looks-wise.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Less care bears and more Bigfoot Attacks :p

Jeanine Berry and TOSCHESTATION like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was thinking more of the little aliens in Galaxy Quest.

If the Ewoks, when they open their mouths, revealed a mass of razor-sharp teeth- that would provide a little creep-factor.

Jeanine Berry and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  7. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Uhhh, Greedo shooting(not first, not simultaneously, not at all, I do not like green aliens shooting, I do not like it Sam I Am)

8. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

In all seriousness, I like most of the additions. Greedo shooting first, no. Just. No.

Also, I really didn't like how Leia's hair was in the buns at all. It looked just strange with the double bun. (I know, I know.)

9. Jeanine Berry

Jeanine Berry Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2012
    For me, the disturbing part about the Luke/Leia kiss was actually during ROTJ. They're having the sibling talk and Leia says that she's always "known". Whoa...and she kissed him like that anyway one movie before? Now, when she quickly kisses him after rescuing him in Cloud City, that doesn't bother me. It's more caring than anything else.

I'd have to really think about what I'd take out of the OT because I just love it all, Ewoks included!

I know what I'd like changed though - the way Palpatine dies. Please don't boo me too much, but I just think that it was weak and "too easy", even though Vader died as a consequence. In my crazy mind, it just seems like anyone could have come up behind Palpatine in any of the movies that he was in and picked him up. I understand that he was supposed to be so wrapped up/distracted in his rage with Luke that he wasn't paying attention to anything else. But even when he was on his back, he couldn't have done some badass jump/flip like ROTS? Anyway, I'm just rambling now. :-B

10. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Maybe Leia was mainly doing it to make Han jealous.

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Nowadays I never so much as get a glimmer that Luke and Leia had anything going. She's obviously alot more interested in Han-she talks to him tons more than Luke, who she basically comforts. :p Hint dudes: When she acts like your mom and gets you a blanket and a hug, she ain't interested :p

12. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    :_|;)

13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Yeah, the kiss in ESB, while gross, was only to make Han jealous.

There's really not much I would take out...those movies do well on their own.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Uh . . . I don't know. To me, the OT holds on its own just as well as the PT. But like the PT, it had its mistakes and flaws. I would have gotten rid of Obi-Wan's line about Owen Lars being his brother. I would have liked an explanation as to why Leia was on Hoth. I would have immediately sent Luke back to Yoda on Dagobah after the events of ESB. I would have done something about Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher's acting in ROTJ. And I would have edited some of the Tatooine scenes in the first half of ANH (I can say the same about some of the Tatooine scenes in TPM). As for the Jabba Palace sequence . . . well, there's too much about that sequence I would like to change.

15. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Wait... what? When does Obi-Wan say Owen is his brother?

16. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    To my knowledge, its only stated in RotJ novelization.

17. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I highly doubt she literally means: “Since I first saw you, I knew you were my sibling.” Rather, she’s referring to the feelings she has harboured towards Luke: feelings of love – deeper than friendship but not a romantic love either – feelings she couldn’t place. When Luke tells her that they are siblings, she can suddenly put a name to those feelings – she can finally understand them – and that’s how she somehow always knew.

18. Jeff McKissock

Jeff McKissock Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2012
    I would to change the dialogue between Palpatine and Vader to what it was in the OOT.. The new dialog just doesn't seem right to me.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    How was that butchery possible? [face_phbbbbt]

Seriously, the meaning of the scene was plenty clear before Lucas had to go tinkering with it.

20. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lately, that scene between Han and Lando about getting "a scratch" on the Falcon just seems odd in several ways. I hate how ROTJ keeps feeling less epic than in the past.

21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I still don't understand why people keep griping about the Ewoks.

22. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I never thought about questioning this. Where could she have been, with Mon Mothma? Off-screen, we know there were a few years between the Battle of Yavin and the Battle on Hoth, but the movie, even as described by the opening crawl, it almost looks like that same bunch of Rebels just packed up and met with others and settled Echo Station.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  23. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    She had nowhere else to go at that point. She had become an outlaw, so despite her station, she had to be on one of the rebel bases.

24. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    ^^^^This.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This, exactly... I've said this before similarly. Which is more likely: that Leia meant "so that's why I've always felt this unusual connection with you" OR "yeah, I knew you were my brother but I didn't mind because I'm into making out with family members"?
    :p

Also, as others said above, I agree that the kiss on Hoth was done to make Han jealous.