main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Suggestions for our FanForce

Discussion in 'Archive: Fayetteville, NC' started by PreadoriteVong, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreadoriteVong

PreadoriteVong Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Okay...we have a Fan Force in Fayetteville now. I want it to be successful and fun just like the rest of our members. Problem is what my idea of a FanForce is is probably drastically different than anyone eles. We threw out a lot of ideas at our first meeting, and alot of truly poor ones. I think our best course of action is to find out what other Fan Forces are doing and use them as a model for our own. Personally, I like the idea of meeting at a coffee shop and just B.S.ing about my beloved movies. Im an Uberfan and could discuss the saga for weeks on end. Hell, I got a Mandalorian tatoo, a cat named Jabba ( I have also had previous cats named Anakin, Qui-Gon, Padme, Mara Jade, and a dog named Zucckus), so Star Wars is a major portion of my life. I'd also like to do SW related things as a group. The community service idea was good, but we have to do it in a way that the community knows who the group is and what we stand for. Otherwise we look like a group of foolish geeks out for good press. I also like the idea of Government, if only for a singular person to coordinate events. Well Im done ranting. LOL

2. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    Be sure to present your ideas a our next meeting man. as I want everyone to do. Thanks for the feedback, I hope all members will follow your lead.

3. Darth_Tater_Chip

Darth_Tater_Chip Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    I think a government is a good idea, but not a completley rigid and madly strict one. I hope that our current members and future ones will also throw out some ideas that we could use to get involved with the community. I think the trivial pursuit idea was a wonderful one, and I am exited to get that going if possible. I think we have a lot of potential, and it will take a lot of work and planning. I am definatley up to the challenge!

As far as the fliers go, CMR and I took some out today, we passed about five out in the Star Wars aisle of Wal-Mart, and posted one at the library bulliten board. The main goal of that was just to let people know we exist. Even if they don't attent our next meeting, once we begin to get involved with the community, they'll remember the flier and say (hopefully) "oh wow, hey i remember this, maybe i ought to check it out".

Preadorite, I'm curious as to what ideas you thought were poor. I completley concur with your ideas, how do you think we can improve upon our current advertising strategies?

4. DarthByApathy

DarthByApathy Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Preadorite, I'm all about hearing what you want our chapter to be about. I really haven't got a vision as far as FanForce goes quite yet, so I'd love to hear what others are thinking.

I'm also curious as to how the whole government thing is going to work, I've seen groups fall apart partly because of leadership issues in the past and I don't want that to happen again. I don't want to see different factions form in our FanForce chapter.

5. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    DBA, remember TSA and the government competitions?

Thats the type of system that some other FanForce groups use, and I think it could work for ours as well.

Also I was thinking about the buisness aspects of the group. I think we should have bimonthly buisness meetings, every fourth meeting that is. I think that will help us have a great time, and still get thingds accomplished without getting bogged down in minutia.

6. DarthByApathy

DarthByApathy Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Sounds good to me, we need to get a book on the rules of conduct. I'll see what I can grab from some people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.